WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2023

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Well open mouth insert foot,Tracy told me he threw it out ,he didn't lol she found it this afternoon and he loves it of course..
    So I take back what I said about Kyle ,but he does have a temper..
    There is supposed to be showers on Saterday. And they want to take him down to a zoo in Bridgeport, we shall see.3ixnpeq9hre1.jpg
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    (((hugs))) to those who need them.

Barbie, those iris are GORGEOUS! Thanks so much for the new, June thread. WOW... June. School ends in seven days.

You're welcome Rori. It's one I learned through MoMs. Unfortunately, we use it a lot in the military.

Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Thank you Barbie! You start each and every month on a solid footing. I appreciate you! This month will be unpredictable but fun. Not being home, but at my eldest sisters, I have decided to not be a faster and just eat the best I can. The last time I visited her it was last September. I was battling the pain of my sick gallbladder. So just nice I won't be in pain, or just generally miserable. I recall it was a lot of nightly pacing and just trying to deal.
    My sister stated for the two weeks I will be there, on Mondays and Tuesday's she'll have her three granddaughters, (10, 8 and 5). So her son will drop them off on Sundays. I told my son it would be a good time to visit, as Athena will have playmates. I told son they have to come relax at my sisters homestead and 1875 home. My sister has a treasure chest and when they come, she hides it somewhere on the property. Then the kids drive the gator around and look for ut. So Athena will enjoy that adventure. Also my sister has a tree where fairies live, and she periodically puts letters in the mailbox that's by the tree, from the family of fairies. When I was there last, her husbands daughter, husband and their 4 yr old came for a visit. She was absolutely amazed that the letter was addressed to her! We will make a letter for Athena. I'm hoping they can come down, as its only 1.24 hours away from them.👍🏼
    Cheers to a positive month ladies!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

her place and what she does for the kids sounds perfect. Those kids will never forget those times.

I kind of gave my son an out, if wife has other plans she wants to do. I just stated that as it gets further into the month he can tell me yes, or no for the 11th or 12th. I said if they have other plans just let me know, no worries. I don't want him to feel obliged to come down. Their lives are so busy that their weekends are precious me thinks.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Heather - we have access to therapy through work. Since I’m still an employee I am able to call them.
    I have journaled in the past, that’s a good idea to start again.
    Things aren’t worth much here either. One reason is the younger generation is not interested in all of the “stuff” we had. My daughter’s enjoy things but very different from what I had/have.

That was a busy morning, no wonder you are knackered.
    When do you leave for your cruise?

Terri - I think if my DH went to get groceries, I would starve and it would cost twice as much. He has completely different tastes than I do.

Margaret - Very well said about the medical emergency. That is how I felt with my friend. I had been calling and trying to find help for her for quite a while before she finally threatened me and I was able to call 911 for her.

Lanette - you are doing so well at getting things cleaned up.
    I think you are very smart not to do Marketplace and such living alone. These days it’s hard to trust anyone.
    (I also watch way too much True Crime TV)

Rebecca - I hope you have a great visit with your sister. It sounds like, even though there will be work, it will be fun.
    Oh I hope you son comes! It would be so great for Athena to meet cousins and I want to be your sister’s grandchild! What fun!

Mary - iPhones have the same thing with their photos I found out the other day. It is the little I in the circle at the bottom of the screen when you are looking at your photo.

Evelyn - your granddaughter and flowers are beautiful.

Pip - “vacation from retirement”. Love it! Have fun!

Rori - Hugs to you. I love Carla’s Angelversary term too.
    Good luck to your team! It will be exciting working the games I bet!

Debbie - How long do you have to wait for results from tomorrow’s scan. That would be so hard for me.

I had a fairly quiet day again today. DH got the majority of the storage shed done. We will be putting doors on probably next month.
    v5lhtuwv2l5y.jpeg
    He is going to organize and clean up tomorrow. Those two huge logs are going to be benches he tells me.
    I have an idea I want to run by him for our living room. I think it would be fairly inexpensive except for the new sectional I want.

We have a local second hand shop that sells paperbacks and soft covered books for $0.75 per inch. They stack the books up and measure. I like buying books there and then donating them back. It’s a non-profit and all money goes back into the community.
    Anyhow, I stopped today to get a couple books for myself and they had children’s chapter books on sale for $0.25 each. I picked out 3 or 4 and went to pay. They will only take debit for purchases over 5.00 so I ended up getting both Grands 8 books each.
    My total was $5.40 with my 2 books.

BP was still high tonight, I may have to call my doctor and see if I can get in earlier.
    It will be interesting to see if it goes down on the weekend, when I’m not worried about any communication with work.

Tracey in Edmonton

The storage shed looks marvelous! Those logs are epic! I won't hold my breath them coming but I do hope they prove me wrong. My daughter inlaw isn't much for meeting new people, especially family. My son isn't great around new situations like driving out in the middle of nowhere and main street, but he does have GPS so it should be no problem. I asked them because I think all of them would benefit from the visit.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Barbie: Thanks for keeping us going.

May was a good month for me. I managed to maintain, thanks to my Daily Solid Habits.

Settling into my new normal health wise. My follow up appointment is on 5 July at our local hospital. I am anticipating a clean bill of health.

Off out to Shakespeare Study Group after lunch. We are starting King Lear. I missed the last 2 meetings, so finished off Julius Caesar at home.

Our garden is well on its way to summer. Still working on summer planters, but we have decided that less is more this year.
    h9rmihyjih1v.jpeg

Rebecca: I want to go to your sister’s house and get a letter from the fairies 🧚‍♀️ 🧚‍♂️ 🧚‍♀️ 😝

Tracey: 😍 Rodger’s plans for you shed. I hope you can get your BP under control. There’s not much problem sending DH for groceries. We usually do it together and we have a tick list. He does go for huge robust veg, rather than the smaller ones I favour, but that’s a minor issue in the scheme of things. Also he phones me on his mobile if he has any queries.

I have laundry to put away before I get ready to go out.

🤗 🤗 🤗 and 🙏 🙏 🙏 where needed, chickadees.

☘️

Awe, she would love to have you! She might be shy starting out, she's not like me, talking to anyone and everyone.🙃🤗, but she's sweet.💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Here til Sunday
    2jiosvm12coq.jpeg
    29vjleysp5ni.jpeg
    0pjdv3qse185.jpeg

That looks nice with all the trees around.
  • Machka9
    Options
    Rhonda21km wrote: »
    Hi gang. I’m new to your group so hopefully I’ll be up to speed soon on how things work here. MFP has changed a lot since I’ve been tracking on a different app so I’m relearning some of it.

I’m from Canada originally but live in Ireland now. Working on lowering my weight, and trying to be consistent with my activity. Lots of walking for me over the next few months. I look forward to following along with your posts and cheering you on to success in achieving your goals, whatever they may be 💕

Hi Rhonda ... does 21 km indicate a half marathon?

I am also from Canada originally but I live in Australia now.

Machka in Oz
  • Rhonda21km
    Rhonda21km Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Yes it indicates half marathon. I used to run them quite often. I'd like to change my name but MFP won't allow it.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,064 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Rhonda21km wrote: »
    Hi gang. I’m new to your group so hopefully I’ll be up to speed soon on how things work here. MFP has changed a lot since I’ve been tracking on a different app so I’m relearning some of it.

I’m from Canada originally but live in Ireland now. Working on lowering my weight, and trying to be consistent with my activity. Lots of walking for me over the next few months. I look forward to following along with your posts and cheering you on to success in achieving your goals, whatever they may be 💕

I’m in Northern Ireland.

céad míle fáilte to all our newbies. We’re a gobby lot. Jump in when the spirit moves you 😝

☘️ Terri
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka - I have two of these blanket scarves. They may be perfect to carry with you. They would keep you warm outside but can be folded up quite small for carrying/holding on the bus when you are hot.
    27q98lsvilqr.png

You reminded me that I've got a large black scarf I might be able to use. Thanks!

I also picked up 2 vests today and one is a windbreaker vest which might come in handy on the very windy days here.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    June 2023 Happiness
    6ob2r7xnvuie.png

1. Decide to look for what’s good every day this month.
    2. Say positive things in your conversations with others.
    3. Re-frame a worry and try to find a helpful way to think about it.
    4. Take a photo of something that brings you joy and share it.
    5. Think of 3 things you’re grateful for and write them down.
    6. Get out into green space and feel the joy that nature brings.
    7. Do something healthy that makes you feel good.
    8. Find joy in music: sing, play, dance, listen or share.
    9. Ask a friend what made them happy recently.
    10. Bring joy to others by doing something kind for them.
    11. Eat good food that makes you happy and really savor it.
    12. Write a gratitude letter to thank someone.
    13. Take a light-hearted approach. Choose to see the funny side.
    14. Share a happy memory with someone who means a lot to you.
    15. Look for something to be thankful for where you least expect it.
    16. Speak to others in a warm and friendly manner.
    17. Take time to notice things that you find beautiful.
    18. Look for something good in a difficult situation.
    19. Get outside and find the joy in being active.
    20. Rediscover and enjoy a fun childhood activity.
    21. Send a positive note to a friend who needs encouragement.
    22. Watch something funny and enjoy how it feels to laugh.
    23. Create a playlist of uplifting songs to listen to.
    24. Bring to mind a favorite memory you feel grateful for.
    25. Show your appreciation to people who are helping others
    26. Make time to do something playful just for the fun of it.
    27. Be kind to you. Do something that brings you joy.
    28. Notice how positive emotions are contagious among people.
    29. Share a friendly smile with people you see today.
    30. Make a list of the joys in your life and keep adding to it.

RVRita

1. Decide to look for what’s good every day this month.

I have been enjoying coding during the first 2 days of the month. That's been really good.
    Also the 25 flights of stairs a day.

2. Say positive things in your conversations with others.

Chatted with a work friend about our gardens first thing this morning.
    Smiled and thanked people as usual.

BTW - thanking the bus driver at the end of a trip is a thing here. :)

Machka in Oz

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Found a frame! He's approved it. White wood.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,036 Member
    Options
    Happy June ladies!

I am in a slump again. I'm worried about jury duty. I've been trying to get a doctor's note that says I have to take care of my mom, but the phone calls aren't connecting. I will go over there later today. Meanwhile I skipped exercise waiting by the phone. Oh well. Life happens.

Annie in Delaware
  • Machka9
    edited June 2023
    Options
    4t9foemptxtp.png

1le5gc26yud3.png