WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2023

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Was so excited when I got out of work, just HAD to go in the pool. Sunshine...first time in a long, long time.

Rebecca – love what your sister does for those kids. I don’t understand, either, why Kyle would throw out the slide.

Allie – that booboo on Mile’s leg looks like it’s just calling out to be kissed and made all better. He’s a true peach. I’m so glad Tracey found the slide

Just went for a walk around the block. Hopefully, after dinner Vince will pack the car. I’m sure we won’t go for our walk

Barbara and Terri – same here, Vince is a terrible shopper

Vicki – how great that that guy came back. So sorry your car was hit, tho

Carol – I know this is rough...but it looks like you’re just going to have to come here to see the ceramics!! lol Update: I just tried to take pictures but they didn’t come out real good. Some of them came out very small.

Friday here: getting ready to go to Steve’s. Did a step DVD then went for a walk around the block

Rebecca – Sometimes I get so frustrated. I haven’t gained any weight in years. Always between 130 and 135. Have been for years. Today I’m down. But lately Mother Nature has been doing her thing and things are going south. Some of the pants that used to fit me, don’t. Only in the waist. Same with shorts. How frustrating! That’s so nice that you can and will send those pants to your friend

Rhonda – welcome

I’m still proud of myself that despite working, I still exercise just about every day. Even if it means just walking around the block. On the days that I don’t work, I usually do a DVD at home. <pat, pat>. I do find that I can get out of shape easier. But I also can get right back into shape easier. Like today I started sweating sooner than I used to. But my heartrate still came down fairly quickly.

Gotta get ready. Later lovelies

Michele NC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Heather- I knew he would love it...his mum painted it just for him,and both you and Johnny are very talented..
    Well its going to be mid 90s today and 65 and cloudy tomorrow..They were supposed to go to the zoo tomorrow but Kyle has been in a cranky mood so thats a no go.. If it were me I'd let him stew and pack the car and the kid and go myself..the heck with him..
    But thats me..
    I had a 1/2 hr conversation with my brother on the phone he called me at 6 when I had just woken up
    He is still up at the lake with Jean and a friend of their's and Jean had him out on the boat fishing so I got ,some one on one with Sean at least on the phone..
    He almost burned the bacon lol
    Miles is snoozing..and im going to try and get some cleaning some done this weekend.. I say that.. depending how I feel..
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Happy June! I look forward to sunshine, family time, and good friends. ❤️

Katla
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    1. Decide to look for what’s good every day this month. Today has started good. Son, still with migraine pain, went to work and that's a relief. And this morning I watched a doe and her spotted fawn in the back yard. The fawn was intrigued and frightened at the same time with a yard flag. Beautiful day here near Buffalo! Air pollutants will be heavy later this morning so I need to get yard work done early

2. Say positive things in your conversations with others. Used only positive language with my son this morning and will make an effort to do the same with everyone I come into contact today.

Lanette ... a year already? Doesn't seem possible.

Rori ... I don't watch the NBA either but I am rooting for your Nuggets! Yay on their first win!

Beth near Buffalo

• Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Lanette--Your chickens are so lucky to have you taking care of them. Glad Roger showed up and helped, but it does sound like you were getting the job done without him.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,917 Member
    Options
    :)Joy, You are my hero today for finding that lost dog and being willing to keep him if his owner can't be found. Our dog is a rescue and I know she is grateful every day for having found our home. Your new dog will feel the same way. <3
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,844 Member
    Options
    Glad I can help some of you with these calendars. Helps me focus on the good things rather than the bad (and I have many bad).

June 2023 Happiness

Word of the year: Appreciate : today I appreciate payday.

Exercise goals added
    Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week 0/15 (100%,100%,80%,73%,.1%)
    Walk 7,000 every day 1/30 (84%,86%,94%,93%,65%)
    6 min HIIT -1x a day start April 1- 1/30 (93%,0)
    Arm weights twice a week 1/10 (100%, 60%hurt my elbow, hurt my shoulder 30%,50%,0)
    Meditation: daily. 1/30 (82%(started Feb)94%,100%, 74%)

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 1/8–(100%,100%,0%,0%,0)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. (7,700,100%-9851,100%—9526,100%—-9,559,100%, —8347,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 0/2 —(100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 69/208/ —(100%,100%,100%,50%, 79% should be 103.2 by July 1)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)40/94 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,(100%,100%,100%,0%,100%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 1/15 (100%,88%,100,100%,100%,100%)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 20/12 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 6/12—(100%.100%,100%,100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200 (100%,100%,100%)

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

1. Decide to look for what’s good every day this month. Started with friendly people.
    2. Say positive things in your conversations with others. I will try, but people annoy me.
    3. Re-frame a worry and try to find a helpful way to think about it.
    4. Take a photo of something that brings you joy and share it.
    5. Think of 3 things you’re grateful for and write them down.
    6. Get out into green space and feel the joy that nature brings.
    7. Do something healthy that makes you feel good.
    8. Find joy in music: sing, play, dance, listen or share.
    9. Ask a friend what made them happy recently.
    10. Bring joy to others by doing something kind for them.
    11. Eat good food that makes you happy and really savor it.
    12. Write a gratitude letter to thank someone.
    13. Take a light-hearted approach. Choose to see the funny side.
    14. Share a happy memory with someone who means a lot to you.
    15. Look for something to be thankful for where you least expect it.
    16. Speak to others in a warm and friendly manner.
    17. Take time to notice things that you find beautiful.
    18. Look for something good in a difficult situation.
    19. Get outside and find the joy in being active.
    20. Rediscover and enjoy a fun childhood activity.
    21. Send a positive note to a friend who needs encouragement.
    22. Watch something funny and enjoy how it feels to laugh.
    23. Create a playlist of uplifting songs to listen to.
    24. Bring to mind a favorite memory you feel grateful for.
    25. Show your appreciation to people who are helping others
    26. Make time to do something playful just for the fun of it.
    27. Be kind to you. Do something that brings you joy.
    28. Notice how positive emotions are contagious among people.
    29. Share a friendly smile with people you see today.
    30. Make a list of the joys in your life and keep adding to it.

RVRita
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,844 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    2. Say positive things in your conversations with others. Especially with Joe and T.
    Welcome @Rhonda21km in Ireland! Lots of walking is key, imho.
    Machka wow that’s windy!
    Terri :love: your garden/green house.
    Betsy well done on the meditation and eye pressure. Safe travels.
    Heather :love: your meadow! Foxes, squirrels, doves, nature in the midst of the city ;) Insects, not so much… :devil:
    Margaret lovely flowers and glass.
    Allie keeping Carmine and you all in prayer. So glad to hear the slide was found.
    Welcome @DCResider! Well done on the weight training, cardio and upping the protein.
    Rebecca that looks like a huge place for your sister to maintain. Tucker (and a letter from the faeries) would make me happy too! Well done, Auntie Rebecca!
    Rita sorry you felt May was rough and suffered injuries. I see a lot of 100%s so there were many more successes than not and overall May’s cumulative percentage increased over April. Brava![/spoiler]
    Vicki so upsetting about your new car. ((hugs))
    Beth “…go ahead with the siding and see what falls out” Yikes!
    Debbie “…smile, wave, say hello to each person I see on the walk. Makes my day a bit better.” That is what you can control. Well done!
    @lightstrongma Happy June to you too! Would you let us know what you’d like to be called?
    Lanette “bungee cords” the new duct tape. Hahahaha!
    Ginny I admire your management style. Supervisors should supervise and not leave their staff hanging.
    Barbie the “repeated” meme really resonated.
    Pip :love: your camp setup. Those are some lucky pooches.
    Whoops, Joe’s up, time to scoot.
    1. Decide to look for what’s good every day this month. Blue skies.
    06/01: Move: 2 sets PT w/D. dogs to powerline. steps: 4294 :P
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far: 11+5+2+5=acv, almonds, apple, artichoke, avocado, beans-chili, beets, cucumber, grapefruit, Kashi, kombucha, macadamia nuts, maraschino cherry, peanuts, pecans, pepperoncini, peppers-sweet/yellow, pomegranate juice, radish, romaine, tangerines, tea-black, wheat-Snap’d crackers/tortilla/sourdough/ginger snap. CI=1427 CO=244
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, mammo, dexa, thrift store donations, hippie hoppy happy hour zoom with C. Wt:134.5

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer. June: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.

Barbara, I was surprised I did better than April too! I met my goals but not the exercise goals. I guess I was pushing myself too hard. I have also discovered that the mattress topper I bought was causing a lot of my back and neck pain. Took it off and felt better first night! We discussed getting a new mattress and DH has agreed, so that is our next adventure. We won’t order online as I don’t want to deal with the shipping and unpacking. Also, I want to check the firmness and quality. We need something for our backs and for side sleepers.

RVRita
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    2. Say positive things in your conversations with others. Especially with Joe and T.
    Welcome @Rhonda21km in Ireland! Lots of walking is key, imho.
    Machka wow that’s windy!
    Terri :love: your garden/green house.
    Betsy well done on the meditation and eye pressure. Safe travels.
    Heather :love: your meadow! Foxes, squirrels, doves, nature in the midst of the city ;) Insects, not so much… :devil:
    Margaret lovely flowers and glass.
    Allie keeping Carmine and you all in prayer. So glad to hear the slide was found.
    Welcome @DCResider! Well done on the weight training, cardio and upping the protein.
    Rebecca that looks like a huge place for your sister to maintain. Tucker (and a letter from the faeries) would make me happy too! Well done, Auntie Rebecca!
    Rita sorry you felt May was rough and suffered injuries. I see a lot of 100%s so there were many more successes than not and overall May’s cumulative percentage increased over April. Brava!
    Vicki so upsetting about your new car. ((hugs))
    Beth “…go ahead with the siding and see what falls out” Yikes!
    Debbie “…smile, wave, say hello to each person I see on the walk. Makes my day a bit better.” That is what you can control. Well done!
    @lightstrongma Happy June to you too! Would you let us know what you’d like to be called?
    Lanette “bungee cords” the new duct tape. Hahahaha!
    Ginny I admire your management style. Supervisors should supervise and not leave their staff hanging.
    Barbie the “repeated” meme really resonated.
    Pip :love: your camp setup. Those are some lucky pooches.
    Whoops, Joe’s up, time to scoot.
    1. Decide to look for what’s good every day this month. Blue skies.
    06/01: Move: 2 sets PT w/D. dogs to powerline. steps: 4294 :P
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far: 11+5+2+5=acv, almonds, apple, artichoke, avocado, beans-chili, beets, cucumber, grapefruit, Kashi, kombucha, macadamia nuts, maraschino cherry, peanuts, pecans, pepperoncini, peppers-sweet/yellow, pomegranate juice, radish, romaine, tangerines, tea-black, wheat-Snap’d crackers/tortilla/sourdough/ginger snap. CI=1427 CO=244
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, mammo, dexa, thrift store donations, hippie hoppy happy hour zoom with C. Wt:134.5

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer. June: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.

It is a large plot where the home sits. Then the monstrous, yet glorious beds around the trees. One tree is a magnolia tree with big leaves that crumble when you try to rake them up. I personally think she loves weeding, just forgets to stop, gets in her zone I guess. She's 68, so she needs to pay attention to herself too. The simplest things like taking the garbage and recycling bins takes a tractor to haul them down to the end of her long road! Plus there's maintaining her 1875 house. She needs a gardener to just trim the bushes, and mow the property like she likes. Then maybe weed monthly. She can still weed, but it will be for her enjoyment. Keeping that property watered it a whole other macrame' of madness. She needs her gator to pull those around. I am utterly useless helping around the farm. Funny story last summer. She's got the tractor with the scooper thingy, and there's a pipe she motions me to get from the garage. Then she yells, "put it in the bucket"! I take the long pipe and stick it in a large bucket of other things near the entrance of the garage. " No, no, MY bucket, *motions to her scooper thingy*"!!! She was laughing, then I got to giggling. So you see, I am like a fish out of water at her place.😂😂
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Husband sent me a story about a bear wandering thru a nearby neighborhood. Its in Strawberry point which is across town, but still, our island is only 10 miles wide so... He must've swam over from the mainland.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Was so excited when I got out of work, just HAD to go in the pool. Sunshine...first time in a long, long time.

Rebecca – love what your sister does for those kids. I don’t understand, either, why Kyle would throw out the slide.

Allie – that booboo on Mile’s leg looks like it’s just calling out to be kissed and made all better. He’s a true peach. I’m so glad Tracey found the slide

Just went for a walk around the block. Hopefully, after dinner Vince will pack the car. I’m sure we won’t go for our walk

Barbara and Terri – same here, Vince is a terrible shopper

Vicki – how great that that guy came back. So sorry your car was hit, tho

Carol – I know this is rough...but it looks like you’re just going to have to come here to see the ceramics!! lol Update: I just tried to take pictures but they didn’t come out real good. Some of them came out very small.

Friday here: getting ready to go to Steve’s. Did a step DVD then went for a walk around the block

Rebecca – Sometimes I get so frustrated. I haven’t gained any weight in years. Always between 130 and 135. Have been for years. Today I’m down. But lately Mother Nature has been doing her thing and things are going south. Some of the pants that used to fit me, don’t. Only in the waist. Same with shorts. How frustrating! That’s so nice that you can and will send those pants to your friend

Rhonda – welcome

I’m still proud of myself that despite working, I still exercise just about every day. Even if it means just walking around the block. On the days that I don’t work, I usually do a DVD at home. <pat, pat>. I do find that I can get out of shape easier. But I also can get right back into shape easier. Like today I started sweating sooner than I used to. But my heartrate still came down fairly quickly.

Gotta get ready. Later lovelies

Michele NC

Awe, don't be so hard on yourself friend. LIFE happens. Be forgiving to your body, and understand its always in a state of flux. Always changing to the seasons, temperature, stresses. Hold onto the clothes but put them in a box. Out of daily view, so you do punish yourself. If after a time, if you realize your body frame can't wear it, then donate it. Sure I have some clothes that are my "goal" clothes. For me though, I only try those on after a good eating, and exercising trend. Don't try on weekly that's a lot of undo pressure.💖👍🏼 By the way, your weight is what my dreams are made of.🤗💖👍🏼
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa