June 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Did a short 3 mile run this morning after a glute and ab workout. Had a family graduation party at lunch time and I used that as an excuse not to do a long run today. Planning on one for tomorrow.

@AlphaHowls - Beautiful pictures!
    @katharmonic - I've been wondering about you. Glad you checked in with us and really glad you have the reconstructive surgery behind you and are on a path to healing again.
    @Scott6255 - I would be struggling in those temperatures too. Good job on the 11 miles.
  • ScienceofTeaching
    ScienceofTeaching Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I fell behind on posting here... Again!

I've been out camping with my parents, so lots of walking around the campground and elsewhere. I only logged a few of the walks, but I was definitely getting exercise! My mom has been really struggling with side effects from the meds she's on the keep cancer in remission (almost 3 years now!!) so I've been spending a lot of time with her.

@SummerSkier I keep joking that I have so many hobbies that I don't have enough time to go to work. I like to crochet, and often pair that with binge-watching a TV show while I stitch away at a project. I play a few instruments, and I get hired by a local symphony and local schools to play for musicals. School theater is always a blast, especially working with student musicians who are always so excited to get to play a live show. I also play board games/card games, but that's really more my husband's fun activity that I join in more to spend time with him than because it's my favorite. :)
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,970 Member
    Options
    June 1: Walk = 2.00 miles - trip to Hot Springs
    June 2: Wun/Walk = 2.00 miles - also mowed mom's lawn
    June 3: Walk = 2.00 miles - also mowed my lawn
    June 4: Walk = 2.00 miles
    June 5: Walk = 1.00 mile - Run = 2.25 miles - driveway laps
    June 6: Walk = 2.50 miles - Run = 2.00 miles - treadmill intervals plus tree debris for almost an hour
    June 7: Walk = 200 miles - treadmill
    June 8: Walk = 1.45 miles - Run = 1.80 miles - driveway laps
    June 9: Wun =2.25 miles - driveway laps
    June 10: Walk = 2.00 miles - Run = 1.50 miles - treadmill intervals
    June 11: Walk = 2.00 miles

28.75/80 miles goal

Posting two days today.

Yesterday I had intended to do a long run early, before heading out for my great niece's second birthday party. But, I slept a little later than intended and mom wanted to do some shopping on our way through town, so I cut it short. I did quarter mile intervals on the treadmill...walk/ran at 3.8/6.0,5.0, (3 x 5.5) mph. Six mph felt too fast, five mph was too slow, so my Goldie Locks speed was 5.5 mph. It felt fairly easy.

I didn't sleep good last night, so, after lunch, I took a nap before heading out for 2 miles of driveway laps late this afternoon.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,970 Member
    Options
    @ScienceofTeaching Hugs to your mom. I know that is hard. Sounds like you got lots of activity in your days.

@katharmonic That sounds like a great walk and that Stella really enjoyed it. I might have been tempted to wade in with her. :lol: