WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2023

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,091 Member
    Options
    They will turn off the ventilator today for a dear friend of mine, and even more dear to my birth family. He was so protective of my sister's daughters, and they adored him back. They've traveled down to West Texas to help where they can, and to be there for his wife and daughters. He and his wife were still so much in love--she always called him her "Superman." He suffered a massive stroke and they couldn't get him back. He was only 51.

Edit to add: While I was writing, he left us. My sis let me know by text.
    :'(

So very sorry, Lisa. Prayers and sympathy to the family. 😪

☘️ Terri
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    (((Lisa)))
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    (((Lisa)))—So sorry for the loss of a dear friend—
    💔

Katla in Illinois
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    (((Lisa)))

Just lost a long post. It went off in cyberspace.. will try to connect tonight.

Betsy in Price Utah
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Lisa - my sincerest condolences xoxo
    Heather- or anyone else has anyone else heard from Penny?Hope all is well with her..
    Carmine missed the bus so Tracy had to take her over to school and come back to get ready for work.Thank goodness there is only 3 days more of school..but she has summer school she has to attend.
    Miles is snoozing..
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,210 Member
    Options
    Allie - I have emailed Penny a while ago, but had no reply. I too hope she is OK.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,546 Member
    Options
    They will turn off the ventilator today for a dear friend of mine, and even more dear to my birth family. He was so protective of my sister's daughters, and they adored him back. They've traveled down to West Texas to help where they can, and to be there for his wife and daughters. He and his wife were still so much in love--she always called him her "Superman." He suffered a massive stroke and they couldn't get him back. He was only 51.

Edit to add: While I was writing, he left us. My sis let me know by text.
    :'(

So very sorry, Lisa. Prayers and sympathy to the family. 😪

☘️ Terri

So sorry to hear
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Well got a note back from the dr ,triglycerides are up just a tad,rest of the labs normal including the arthritis .the autoimmune ones are still pending..there has to be an answer to all this pain..we shall see..
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    <3
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Lisa-sorry to hear of your loss. Such a young age.

Debbie-don't know if I would want to continue that job if I didn't have to.

Ginny in Ohio

If his store manager would get transferred, quit, retire,etc it isn't a bad place for him to work. He knows the job better than most that are there. It is only a 6 min drive from the house. Before the restrictions were put back in place , he was making his own schedule pretty much. She left him alone for the most part but for some reason this past week she started going after him again.

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options

Debbie: Peanut Butter Fudge or cups would be my downfall! Nice you have such a great friendship with your ex!

Best,
    Rosemarie from GA

The fudge is easy to make and is really good. I use both peanut butter powder and peanut butter mixed with the melted chocolate and sweetened condensed milk. I am good as long as I dont try the first piece. After that, I grab just one piece but do that when ever I see it if I leave it in the kitchen.
    YES it is amazing to have the special friendship with former hubby. We had no contact for 20 yrs and now we talk daily. Sometimes they are serious conversations, some are just talking about old times(we met when I was in 7th grade and he in 9th-we were each other's first on everything just about), some times we talk about what we made for dinner, swap recipes and ideas, but always check in with each other. He talks with me, to me, a real two way conversation. DH tends to talk AT me but not really listen or let me have an opinion without him thinking I am starting an argument.
    Our spouses know we talk to each other. They know this will not change. They just don't know how often we talk.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,844 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    bwcetc wrote: »
    kevrit wrote: »
    PS.. How many of you use check registers to keep track of your spending? I’ve been using one the bank gave me and ordered some bigger ones from Amazon. So far I like getting back to the old way. Keeps me closer to my budget and ensures the bills get paid!

RVRita

I don't use the bank checkbook register except for writing down check numbers and amounts as they're used (which are very few) ... no running balance or anything. Instead I use an excel spreadsheet that my husband fabricated for me and I love it.

Beth

Yep, Excel. :)

And a bills account. Money for bills goes in there automatically. Bills are paid automatically.

M in Oz

I use a spreadsheet as well for monthly budgeting, but I can’t log as I spend so am finding the ‘old fashioned’ way to be better for me. I keep a running total as well. Just digital and I tend to overspend because I don’t know exactly how much I have to spend.

RVRita
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,844 Member
    Options
    June 2023 Happiness

Word of the year: Appreciate : today I appreciate my dogs.

Exercise goals added
    Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week 0/15 (100%,100%,80%,73%,.1%)
    Walk 7,000 every day 5/30 (84%,86%,94%,93%,65%)
    6 min HIIT -1x a day start April 1- 1/30 (93%,0)
    Arm weights twice a week 1/10 (100%, 60%hurt my elbow, hurt my shoulder 30%,50%,0)
    Meditation: daily. 8/30(82%(started Feb)94%,100%, 74%)

Feeling overwhelmed and lethargic this month. Taking a break from the list above until I feel more in control. I am also having a bursitis/arthritis/tendinitis attack this month. Doctor prescribed something for me to try. Which doesn’t seem to work after using for 2 weeks.

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. lol. B 5/8–(100%,100%,0%,0%,0)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 7840 (7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 2/2 —(100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 85/208—(100%,100%,100%,50%, 83% should be 103.2 by July 1)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)41/94 w(100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,(100%,100%,100%,0%,100%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 9/15 (100%,88%,100,100%,100%,100%)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 22/12 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 6/12—(100%.100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200 (100%,100%,100%)

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

1. Decide to look for what’s good every day this month. Started with friendly people.
    2. Say positive things in your conversations with others. I will try, but people annoy me.
    3. Re-frame a worry and try to find a helpful way to think about it. This will be about my son. Not sure how to re-frame it but will find a way today. I must realize he is a full grown man and in charge of his own life.
    4. Take a photo of something that brings you joy and share it.
    5. Think of 3 things you’re grateful for and write them down. 1. My family, 2. A roof over my head, 3. Enough food to eat.
    6. Get out into green space and feel the joy that nature brings. every day!
    7. Do something healthy that makes you feel good. 2 walks so far. And therapist today.
    8. Find joy in music: sing, play, dance, listen or share. To be accomplished.
    9. Ask a friend what made them happy recently. Did this on my trip to Lubbock to get my car back finally. Was a great day!
    10. Bring joy to others by doing something kind for them. Will report on this later! Gave a family some Little Debbie cookies.
    11. Eat good food that makes you happy and really savor it. Will do! Yesterday had a salad made from lettuce, onion, peppers, and tomato from my garden. The dressing was homemade too! Mmmmmm
    12. Write a gratitude letter to thank someone. To be done!
    13. Take a light-hearted approach. Choose to see the funny side.
    14. Share a happy memory with someone who means a lot to you.
    15. Look for something to be thankful for where you least expect it.
    16. Speak to others in a warm and friendly manner.
    17. Take time to notice things that you find beautiful.
    18. Look for something good in a difficult situation.
    19. Get outside and find the joy in being active.
    20. Rediscover and enjoy a fun childhood activity.
    21. Send a positive note to a friend who needs encouragement.
    22. Watch something funny and enjoy how it feels to laugh.
    23. Create a playlist of uplifting songs to listen to.
    24. Bring to mind a favorite memory you feel grateful for.
    25. Show your appreciation to people who are helping others
    26. Make time to do something playful just for the fun of it.
    27. Be kind to you. Do something that brings you joy.
    28. Notice how positive emotions are contagious among people.
    29. Share a friendly smile with people you see today.
    30. Make a list of the joys in your life and keep adding to it.

RVRita