WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2023

Options

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Alfie decided to wake me up at 5:15 .. im thinking maybe I'll try and go back to sleep
    Debby- haven't heard of stop pain spray,i have Voltaren that i should slather myself in..

https://www.amazon.com/Stopain-Strength-Continuous-Relief-Relieves/dp/B08FFG8VMC?pd_rd_w=ye7zk&content-id=amzn1.sym.c15e5526-d433-4ac0-a393-a3f3f7218fab&pf_rd_p=c15e5526-d433-4ac0-a393-a3f3f7218fab&pf_rd_r=TCDJ7FKAFBFD5JEN8CQ4&pd_rd_wg=LV0hP&pd_rd_r=18eb62fa-de9f-44ff-9f4e-f8ce36bf2814&pd_rd_i=B08FFG8VMC&psc=1&ref_=pd_bap_d_grid_rp_0_1_ec_t

I ordered the other one with lidocane so will let you know how it works compared to the Stopain.
    We go through a lot of the Voltaren too.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,876 Member
    Options
    Books VS Movies—- If I watch a movie before or after reading the book, I am usually disappointed in the movie. I discovered this back when Inferno and Jaws came out. Saw the movie then read the book. The books had much more detail and some scenes they omitted in the movies. I still do this, I just finished watching a series on TV and now have gotten the books. Many of the Stephen King book-to-movies I’ve seen have been the same for me. Also the Dan Brown books. I tend to imaging the characters with the actor from the movie when I read the books if I’ve seen the movie first.

Everyone has their own thing!

RVRita
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,876 Member
    Options
    PS.. How many of you use check registers to keep track of your spending? I’ve been using one the bank gave me and ordered some bigger ones from Amazon. So far I like getting back to the old way. Keeps me closer to my budget and ensures the bills get paid!

RVRita
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Well darn cat was playful last night and attacked my foot at 1 am. Went to the bathroom and felt a cooling sensation on my foot and noticed it. I hopefully didn't leave a stain on the bottom of the bed! Crazy cat!
    Rebecca
    Shedd, OR

Got scratched, not that bad, this morning while trying to feed the cats. I was putting the food in the catio which is off our bedroom window. My kitten thought he was starving and tried to walk past me on the ledge and fell off, nails scratched me from my lip down my neck. Haven't looked at it but doesn't seem too bad.
    One of them got me night before last- didn't remember it but see the scratch on my foot.
    Wanted to sleep in a little longer today. Son was supposed to be off work, dh called in sick(first time, he says ever, but at least, first time in the past ten years for sure-because they are messing with his schedule making it impossible for him to do everything by himself which is how they wrote the schedule-trying to get him to quit) AND he told his mom he was working the shift he was supposed to so set her meds up last night so he didn't have to go today. All that, SHOULD have made it so I could sleep in, no one getting up waking me up, but the cats woke me up. Too many sleeping on or next to me. One kept head butting me. Got up and fed all of the inside ones-still need to feed the outside cats.
    Church is starting 1/2 hr later today so another reason I was going to sleep in.
    Oh well, I will sit here, having my tea, catching up on here and do some other computer work and enjoy the quiet. Hope dh sleeps at least a few more hours. He had actually worked himself up about this so much that he was sick.

We did all the shopping, hopefully, yesterday so planning on roses and weeding today.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    :)

Katla in Illinois where it is windy today.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,761 Member
    Options
    Machka - how do you get home when you have flats on a 50km ride?

Lisa - We have been up to 32C a few days here already. It’s hard to believe we are only in June.

Carol - I enjoyed the Texas Rich series by Fern Michael’s so much I read the Vegas and Kentucky as well. The Coleman family pops up in the other two as well. It’s been years since I read them, but one of very few that stuck with me. I just read one of her books from more recent years called Betrayal and the Texas clan was briefly mentioned.

Ginny - technology is great when it works as it should. It can be awful when it doesn’t though.
    I am feeling some better, as long as I don’t think too much about work either going back or looking for something.
    I have a follow up appointment with my doctor on Wednesday.
    I remember my Mom and Grandmother ironing for what seemed like hours each week. I do have some clothes that require an iron, very few though.

Today would have been my FIL’s 80th birthday. The family in NB are having a barbecue to remember and honour him.

Heather - hopefully your wrist continues to heal.
    I don’t like when DH and I have those “ruptures” great word. I agree it’s the repair that matters.

Rita - I don’t use check registers, but really should start using something.
    My cousin uses a binder that she created herself. It has helped her tremendously.

Well I should do something with my day. It is smoky here today, not too bad yet but supposed to be worse before the day is through.

I bought some tshirts yesterday, I think I’ll design something to put on them for DH. I don’t know why, but I’m having trouble keeping up with his tshirts in the laundry.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,253 Member
    Options
    Tracey - I got the vocabulary from Esther Perel. Boy, is she good! Talks soooo much sense. She is on podcasts, Instagram, books, and even has a card game. She is so realistic about relationships.
    She says that ruptures are essential in all relationships, but the important thing is the repair, which strengthens the relationships. We are all human. I really respect her.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    PS.. How many of you use check registers to keep track of your spending? I’ve been using one the bank gave me and ordered some bigger ones from Amazon. So far I like getting back to the old way. Keeps me closer to my budget and ensures the bills get paid!

RVRita

I don't use the bank checkbook register except for writing down check numbers and amounts as they're used (which are very few) ... no running balance or anything. Instead I use an excel spreadsheet that my husband fabricated for me and I love it.

Beth
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,201 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,928 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    kevrit wrote: »

RVRita

I don't use the bank checkbook register except for writing down check numbers and amounts as they're used (which are very few) ... no running balance or anything. Instead I use an excel spreadsheet that my husband fabricated for me and I love it.

Beth

Yep, Excel. :)

And a bills account. Money for bills goes in there automatically. Bills are paid automatically.

M in Oz
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    In my little checkbook register that stays with my checkbook, I only write down the check numbers and amounts. It is very few, maybe 3 a month. In my big checkbook register from Amazon that stays on a shelf in my office, I write down every checking account transaction, most are debit purchases, but automatic deposits and bill payments as well, and keep it meticulously balanced to the penny. Meanwhile, I use YNAB to keep electronic running totals of all my accounts, including my two credit cards, with each transaction labeled by budget category. It’s overkill, but it works for me and I love it.

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Lisa-sorry to hear of your loss. Such a young age.

Debbie-don't know if I would want to continue that job if I didn't have to.

We actually have had some rain today and looks like may have more starting in a bit. The birds are loving the wet ground and food.

So far today-sore throat much improved. Didn't want to jinx myself mentioning it earlier.

Ginny in Ohio
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,726 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Well ,got my computer back,will have to have Seth come down and help me figure it out.. i know everythings in there.. just trying to figure it all out..
    Dan stopped and took the garbage out,I took Carmine up to Seth's house.. gave him a graduation card with what I owed him for doing the computer and 50.00 for Graduation..i told him and his parents when I dropped off the computers yesterday about some stuff but told them to keep it on the QT.. and Seth said something about Carmine being mad at me for something..and thats all he said to her.so of course.. she got all cranky with me about why are you telling him stuff you don't even know him and she was giving me the death stare..
    But she is all smiles and friendly up there.. go figure..turns on the nice switch.
    Next Sunday I have to take Dan to the airport early,and then watch Miles while Tracy and Kyle go for a couples massage for there 5th anniversary
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    B)

Katla
  • Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Heather: Hope your wrist continues to heal! What a lovely ballerina!

Tracey: sorry about the gash in the tire! Glad it all got resolved!

Mary: So Sorry for your tire changer adventure with the camper!

Betsy: Peace to you in scattering your husband's ashes

Lisa: 11 acres would be a lot for me! Sounds lovely though! Hello to Egg!

Debbie: Peanut Butter Fudge or cups would be my downfall! Nice you have such a great friendship with your ex!

Barbara: Yes, a month before the infection came. Seems to be resolving with Keflex!

Allie: Miles looks like he is getting bigger as he stands beside his chair now!

Kim: You have been productive since your Mom left!

Machka: Good going on the 10km brisk walk!

Katla: So glad you were able to take a walk with your DH in the garden!

Lanette: Sorry you had a period of feeling some isolation. My family is all up North and my son in Atlanta so I feel isolated each day. I have some friends but could use a few more. I think some point I may need to change churches
    because there is no one really my age at the church.
    I have the book A World of Curiosities to read!

RV Rita: Sorry you have pain. I am thinking of you!

Today I ventured out to see a French film with sub titles: Other People's Children...it was very good...not excellent.
    Afterwards I went to Panera for an ice coffee. I didn't walk today and hope to do so first thing tomorrow morning.
    I expect my son on Tuesday and will work the animal rescue Tuesday and Wed. I am listening to the audio book
    Demon Copperhead by Barbara Kingsolver. A friend didn't care for it, but I like it well enough and I have a niece that enjoyed it.

I enjoy beaches in the early evening when the sun is going down and they are less crowded. I grew up on the beaches of Cape Cod, but have been to St. Simon's Island and Hilton Head while living in GA. I haven't been to the beach in I don't know how long...5 years maybe.

Best,
    Rosemarie from GA