WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2023

Options

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,045 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Allie that is so sad, the family is in such a crisis. It's not good for anyone.

My Dad's computer is not working this morning. The monitor is getting weak/no signal. I can barely follow the cords- it's a rat's nest back there. I feel inadequate when I can't fix it, but at least I didn't go for the chocolate. Yet. I just hope he leaves the router alone so the house internet keeps going.

I skipped my exercise last night. It doesn't take much to wear me out, and after groceries and cooking supper, I was just tired. I need to get back into that automatic habit thing. Dumbbells tonight.

Annie in Delaware

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    (((Allie))) - many hugs. Sounds truly awful for all concerned.
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,750 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Allie ... "no more therapy" for Carmine because the therapist said all she does is complain? That is exactly one of the reasons why she needs therapy. Maybe not with the current therapist as it seems they aren't able to establish a relationship with Carmine. Therapy takes time and finding the right therapist. Carmine also has to want to make her life better ... regardless of who is at fault. Sigh. Praying for you all.

Tracy ... your work situation just sounds more toxic by the moment. Thankful you have a doctor who sees the situation for what it is.

I am trying to get my food choices back on track ... not only for me but for my guys.

Beth near Buffalo
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    <3

Allie—Sending good thoughts for Carmine. I hope that she is able to get help. Beth’s comments are wise. Carmine also needs to want to make her life better. It may take time for her to feel things are going better.

Katla
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    (((hugs))) to those who need them.

Bully is exactly what he is, Kim! Just a creepy, narcissistic, bully! And that danged girl is just not good at keeping us informed. Haven't heard from her about the results from the hearing. I'm not worried, believe me. She's like this all the time. Rather selfish herself, unfortunately for us.
    Yes, Barbara. She's Caddie and Hunter's mom.
    They generally make these things quick, Tracey, even if it is "delayed". The continuance would only be for a couple days, maybe a week.

Oh my Tracey... that's kinda scary that the doctor is so concerned about "getting involved". I am glad you're finally getting a lawyer though. You really need one. I agree with Ginny, although I don't know how Canadian employment law works either. It's clearly been harrassment. Still praying for you. So glad you're on leave.

Allie, I hope she did call the crisis line. Is there any chance that Tracy would consider having Carmine put on a 72 hour hold? I mean, for her own good? Seriously. If she's that rebelious and just not listening anymore to anyone, could Tracy have her held as a danger to herself? Yeah... what Beth said... Did I really understand what you said? Did the therapist say no more therapy because all Carmine does is complain about how mistreated and horrible her life is? Isn't that what a therapist is supposed to listen to and dig into?

Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    xxowyw7oxb8u.png
  • 1948CWB
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Carol in GA
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,087 Member
    Options
    Allie: (((Hugs))) Hope it can be worked out for Carmine.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,844 Member
    Options
    June 2023 Happiness

Word of the year: Appreciate : today I appreciate my yogurt and berries for breakfast.

Exercise goals added
    Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week 0/15 (100%,100%,80%,73%,.1%)
    Walk 7,000 every day 5/30 (84%,86%,94%,93%,65%)
    6 min HIIT -1x a day start April 1- 1/30 (93%,0)
    Arm weights twice a week 1/10 (100%, 60%hurt my elbow, hurt my shoulder 30%,50%,0)
    Meditation: daily. 8/30(82%(started Feb)94%,100%, 74%)

Feeling overwhelmed and lethargic this month. Taking a break from the list above until I feel more in control. I am also having a bursitis/arthritis/tendinitis attack this month. Doctor prescribed something for me to try. Which seems to be working for my mood.

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 8/8–(100%,100%,0%,0%,0)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 7840,6796, (7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 2/2 —(100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 88/208—(100%,100%,100%,50%, 83% should be 103.2 by July 1)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)41/94 w(100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,(100%,100%,100%,0%,100%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 11/15 (100%,88%,100,100%,100%,100%)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 22/12 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 6/12—(100%.100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200 (100%,100%,100%)

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

1. Decide to look for what’s good every day this month. Started with friendly people.
    2. Say positive things in your conversations with others. I will try, but people annoy me.
    3. Re-frame a worry and try to find a helpful way to think about it. This will be about my son. Not sure how to re-frame it but will find a way today. I must realize he is a full grown man and in charge of his own life.
    4. Take a photo of something that brings you joy and share it.
    5. Think of 3 things you’re grateful for and write them down. 1. My family, 2. A roof over my head, 3. Enough food to eat.
    6. Get out into green space and feel the joy that nature brings. every day!
    7. Do something healthy that makes you feel good. 2 walks so far. And therapist today.
    8. Find joy in music: sing, play, dance, listen or share. To be accomplished.
    9. Ask a friend what made them happy recently. Did this on my trip to Lubbock to get my car back finally. Was a great day!
    10. Bring joy to others by doing something kind for them. Will report on this later! Gave a family some Little Debbie cookies.
    11. Eat good food that makes you happy and really savor it. Will do! Yesterday had a salad made from lettuce, onion, peppers, and tomato from my garden. The dressing was homemade too! Mmmmmm
    12. Write a gratitude letter to thank someone. To be done! Sent my GS a thank you note for being my grandchild!
    13. Take a light-hearted approach. Choose to see the funny side. Already happening after a very stressful day yesterday.
    14. Share a happy memory with someone who means a lot to you. Will do.
    15. Look for something to be thankful for where you least expect it. This will be fun to find things. How about turtle eggs on the beach that have to be moved to not be crushed.
    16. Speak to others in a warm and friendly manner.
    17. Take time to notice things that you find beautiful.
    18. Look for something good in a difficult situation.
    19. Get outside and find the joy in being active.
    20. Rediscover and enjoy a fun childhood activity.
    21. Send a positive note to a friend who needs encouragement.
    22. Watch something funny and enjoy how it feels to laugh.
    23. Create a playlist of uplifting songs to listen to.
    24. Bring to mind a favorite memory you feel grateful for.
    25. Show your appreciation to people who are helping others
    26. Make time to do something playful just for the fun of it.
    27. Be kind to you. Do something that brings you joy.
    28. Notice how positive emotions are contagious among people.
    29. Share a friendly smile with people you see today.
    30. Make a list of the joys in your life and keep adding to it.

RVRita
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    <3
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Woof this morning was a nightmare...not for me but for Tracy....
    She had a meltdown..Carmine is just beyond beyond.. she is doing as she pleases.. and Tracy with Kyle away is dealing with it alone..no more therapy,because the therapist said all she does is go to crab about how mistreated and horrible her life is..
    So no more therapy.. she didn't show up to the house Tracy found out she was hanging out at a local restaurant.. well at least let mom know where you are..
    She stole pills from her grandfather, so she is no longer aloud down there ,granted it was only melatonin but still.. so Tracy went through her room last night.. so Carmine came down and started going through her parents room..and so it goes..
    They can get no help anywhere financially because they make to much.. and I told her to call the crisis line..its now or never..
    It is effecting Miles for sure..

I agree with the other ladies. It sounds to me like Carmine is crying out for help. I can’t imagine how she feels knowing that her parents would go into debt to get another child, but they won’t do anything that’s going to cost them any money to help her. I’m not saying she’s right, but she had a whole lot to deal with when she was starting through puberty. She was watching her parents do everything they could to get another child. When you’re already screwed up from changing hormones, add on that it looks like you’re not enough for your parents. I don’t know how she was expected to deal with that.

It’s a horribly sad situation all the way around. If they don’t decide to do everything they can to help her, whether that’s an involuntary hold, spending the money on hospitalization/real therapy, or whatever else they can find, I fear this is going to have a very bad outcome.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Ladies
    I agree with each and every one of you..
    She went up to Seths on the bus without telling Tracy and doing whatever she pleases.and one of the reasons right now she is out of control is that Kyle isn't home.so she knows she can push Tracys buttons and Kyle isn't there to squelch it..
    Kyle is dealing with stuff of his own..
    So we shall see..
    Tracy is at the end of her rope with a 1 yr old and a teen..
    All I can do is be there for support.. at least school is done for now Summer school is online starting July 5th..we will see how that goes.

• 1948CWB
    Options
    Allie ~ Oakie and Lightstrongma have said what Tracy and Kyle need to hear. Perhaps you could send them a copy of the advise they are offering. Of course, then they might be mad at you for airing the family laundry.

I am so sorry for the whole situation for that family and you. :'(

Tracey ~ I love your Christmas ornament! I hope the lawyer you visit will be able to get you out of a bad situation at work.

Carol in GA