NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,918 Member
    Options
    @cbabie I love PB. Yes, it was both time-consuming and detailed ugh. It did give me a headache yesterday. LOL, you just popped out of your momma a full-grown adult? :D Thank you!

@theslightedgeforever Thank you for the recipe, that looks better than my black bean burger recipe so I saved it. That's great you are down from 10 days ago! Yes, been tracking so that's good. I will try to eat smaller portions. That's good you are doing better with water. I need to up my water, it's been horrible lately.

Hi all. My huge project is at the tail end and is now down to a bunch of chip-away projects. So, I am able to work from home today. To celebrate being almost finished, I brought the team donuts yesterday and yes, I had 1 1/2. They were from a local donut shop that just opened and they were worth it. I was so tired I didn't feel like cooking at dinner so we got stuff for sandwiches. I gained 1.6 lbs this week, which is exactly how much I've gained in 30 days.

Water yesterday: 20 oz

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."

qfg7mgidf41l.jpg
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    Morning all, I ate the same thing yesterday, that I had the day before. That's cause it was easy and baby has been very fussy and he is starting to stand. I have to watch him every minute, cause if he falls..well we have hard wood floors. I can't wait until THIS phase is over. I had tried to do stretches on the floor day before yesterday and that was a BIG mistake. I am paying dearly for it.

@trooworld So glad you get to work from home today. Also you were just paying your respects to the local market by consuming the 1 1/2 doughnuts. LOL. I love doughnuts, but they don't love me anymore...but sometimes yes it's just worth it. Yes I came out a grown adult...LOL My mom wanted to make sure we did everything on time, were smart not dumb and well I was just the first born. :)

@theslightedgeforever I love that black bean recipe. I am going to make it, now I will be the only one eating it..but who cares. I miss my veggie burgers I used to buy and have on hand. Yea on the loss!!!

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Oh gosh, that must be stressful having to constantly watch him so he doesn't fall. I'm sorry you are in pain. lol...yes about the donuts. I was feeding the local economy! :D These were nice and fluffy. Well, you and your sister are very smart, so your mom would be proud (I am sure you are on time too).

Hi all. I had a great time last night. We went to this Mexican restaurant that specialized in tequila and mezcal and we had appetizers and drinks. The service was horrible but the food and drinks were good. After that, we went to a play and it was really good. I enjoyed myself. Today, I'm going up to LA to see an art exhibit with coworkers. It should be fun, too.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."

lmi2frebl9uw.jpg
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi all, im here but im sick so havent eaten much for a coup,e of days.

Hoping for a good sleep tonight.

• cbabie
    Options
    Afternoon all, I did terrible eating yesterday. I had some news that put me in an emotional eating stage. Not good that I did that, but I did and am moving on. I am working on "taming" my hair today. I need to do something for ME. I don't want to cut it, but can't stand it..we will see. I have been looking at some new "looks" in my Mary Kay ap as well...just need a change.

@trooworld I laughed at myself, I was speed reading your post and saw after the drinks we went to play...I was thinking what did you play? Hide and seek? See if you can catch me? LOL. So I reread it and saw the "a play" lol. Glad you are enjoying your weekend. Yes I hate to be late for anything..ask my grand daughter who ALWAYS waits til the last minute. LOL

@tamevv Hope you feel much better soon...being sick is just not fun.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Tamevv Oh bummer! I hope you feel better soon. Hugs.

@cbabie I'm sorry about your day yesterday. I hope you can figure out something with your hair. A makeover sounds like fun! HAHAHA no A play! I am enjoying my weekend, although it is going by very fast.

Hi all. I had a great time in LA. We took the train up and walked SO MUCH. First, we went to Little Tokyo for lunch and had ramen. Then we went to the Jean Michel Basquiat exhibit and that was inspiring. After that we went to Bottega Louie, which is a restaurant that specializes in desserts. I had a chocolate-filled beignet and I got some macarons to go for my husband. We took the train, we took the city bus, we walked around. I left the house at 6:50 am and got home at about 7:45 pm. It was a long day. Here are a few pictures. The silver building is the Disney Theater. No, I did not track.

Water yesterday: 50 oz

sh0ws4t8r4fu.jpg
    j5tim0h8uiyf.jpg
    89cngoyui2ne.jpg
    fhm4wva3lfzl.jpg
    dx40ff3b3bfi.jpg
    izagotbyvce7.jpg
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hi all. This will be quick, I don't feel well: I've got vertigo. Somehow, I need to make it to work (we are shorthanded today). Here's my tracker for yesterday. Have a good day.

0oz77oblnizb.jpg
  • Tamevv
    Options
    @cbabie what did you do with your hair? Mine is getting unruly not too - need some inspiration.

@trooworld hope you’re feeling okay? I’m improving, thanks. The ramen looks delicious.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Afternoon, I ended up not doing anything I wanted to do. LOL It's usually the norm for me. I did get some "sauce" (deep mask for hair) at Sally's on Saturday and put it on. It feels a little better, but still looks like an old lady fuzzy hair. I haven't eaten well either. I jumped on the scale today and I am maintaining.

@trooworld I am sorry you are feeling well. Looks like you had a blast on (Sunday?) great pictures. One of the meds that they are trying to get me on, side effect is vertigo...I am not sure how I feel about any of it...LOL

@Tamevv I wish I had some inspiration for you for your hair. I am still looking for the perfect cut...you know the one where you get out of bed looking great! I used to have almost a crewcut type hair cut...loved the low maintenance, but I would have to get a hair cut every week and not happening LOL

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Tamevv Thanks, I'm a little better thanks to meds. I'm glad you are improving. The ramen was sooooo good!

@cbabie Can you do what you want to do today or another day? Yay for maintaining, better than a gain! Thanks, yes I did have a blast on Saturday. Oh gosh, I don't know if I would be able to take that side effect.

Hello all. I did not make it to work yesterday, too dizzy. I did take an Uber to urgent care and got some meds which help a lot. I am going to work today.

bskb9922gml0.jpg
  • Tamevv
    Options
    Howdy. Long day today but good day, but I’m tired tonight.

@cbabie yep it’s usually at this stage I get over it and just cut it off in the shower. Trying to convince myself to let it grow a bit but it’s annoying. I had long hair till mid 20s and all I ever did was tie it back - definitely prefer short hair, but like you, only happy with it for a week till it grows out again!

@trooworld hope it was a good day at work.

• cbabie
    Options
    Afternoon all, I actually got dressed, put make up on and it made me feel better. I have not worked outside of the home in almost 4 years and I think part of me has never let go and embraced the staying at home. LOL. But everyday I seek to find a better food to eat, put habits in place that will remain in place that are good and get rid of the ones that aren't.

@trooworld so glad the meds helped and you can get to work today. Everyday is made up of choices and you are making good ones.

@tamevv Sometimes tired is good...we know we did live life,..sometimes if for medical reasons not good. LOL. I am glad you had a good day and yea I know I like my hair longer...so I am just trying to be patient. (NOT ONE OF MY STRONG POINTS). LOL

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Tamevv I'm glad you had a good day and I hope you slept well. Thanks. Didn't end up going.

@cbabie It's amazing how much better getting dressed and putting on makeup makes you feel, eh? Thanks, I didn't end up going, more below. Not making such good choices (see my food log below) but I keep trying!

Hi all. I was just too unstable still to drive an hour away so I worked from home yesterday. I am not feeling much better this morning so I will likely work from home again today. The meds definitely help a lot but not enough. My husband made chocolate chip cookies and got Ben & Jerry's ice cream the other night. At least I didn't eat the whole pint lol.

hdj4gwtkeukc.jpg
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I went to Goodwill yesterday with baby girl and she said..what am I going to get today? Clothes, a new toy? I laughed and said someone has you trained. I don't go there much, but my middle daughter does. :). She came home with a new doll house for Chelse.. Then later last night she said I want to be an artist...she is very creative who knows. I was just asking myself how does she know what an artist is? Oh they grow so fast. I did a little better yesterday, but still no exercise and tracking..not sure what happened to me. I think I am just frustrated.

@trooworld LOL I laughed at "My husband made chocolate chip cookies and got Ben & Jerry's ice cream the other night. At least I didn't eat the whole pint lol". See how you found the positive? Good for you!!!
    I am sorry you are still fighting the vertigo...I have never had it, but I have been so nauseated I wanted to die... Yes keep trying...that's how we win the battle and finally the war.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Hahaha baby girl! When I was 5, I always told people I wanted to be an artist when I grew up, so you never know! I know what you mean about frustration. I'm frustrated with myself for the way I eat. Yes, I found a positive! lol Vertigo really sucks, and on top of that, I have a headache. :(

Hi all. Well, the upside of having this vertigo is I haven't had to drive up to work lol. I've been working from home. I was supposed to go to the fair with a friend tomorrow but I canceled due to vertigo. :(

6aa2nxd1sy6v.jpg
  • cbabie
    Options
    Afternoon, all I haven't exercised and ate out of emotions...oh well. At least I don't lie to myself. LOL

@trooworld I saw this today and I thought I could start saving all of her drawings.
    https://www.amazon.com/Fosdonge-Artwork-Changeable-Front-Opening-Childrens/dp/B0C4SRZQ3P
    See you looked at the positive. LOL. I hope you feel better soon

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Keep trying, don't give up! That's all you can do, right? I love that frame thing, I think baby girl will really like that you are displaying her art. <3 Yes, I looked at the positive I do that on occasion but not much lol. Thanks, I do.

Hi all. I do feel better but am still a little wobbly. Mostly better, though. I gained 1.2 lbs over this past month. It's discouraging but I will keep trying. I know why I am gaining, it is probably obvious to you guys by my food logs. I feel powerless to stop it but I will try again. I know the pieces of the puzzle but it takes great effort to put it all together. Sometimes I just don't have that kind of energy.

byo74hgjds7m.jpg
  • cbabie
    Options
    Afternoon all, it's been a crazy morning, but I am here. LOL. I want to get on my treadmill today, but the room isn't available right now...and in the afternoon I don't have the energy. LOL. I do feel better today for sure..I am hoping it stays. I ate Pizza last night...I NEVER eat it, but we had so much left I didn't want to waste it..but I paid dearly... heartburn . :).

@trooworld , You are trying and that means something!!! Don't make too little of that. You know at times I wonder if we were told if you eat more that 25% fat, 50% protein 25% carbs you will die when you go over that percentage if we would do different. I have a friend whom I used to work with and her 3rd child had a rare disease ( they found out when he was 1 or so) and then when the 4th one was born they knew what test to do..and yes she was born with it. As far as I know the 4th one is still alive, but the 3rd child passed before puberty...the disease? I don't know the name, but they can only eat so much fat, they have to measure and read everything they eat. I don't wish that on anyone, but if we had that mindset. If we truly BELIEVED that everything we put in our body has a effect whether it be positive or negative...it does effect us. Like if I had know that the sun would damage my skin...I would not have laid out in it with baby oil...(well at least I think I would not have). but some lessons we only learn after the damage is done.

Sorry for the long post. I hope everyone has a good weekend and some of the missing ones show up. LOL

Cbabie
  • txsusango
    txsusango Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi… I’m new to the group. Trooworld, are you importing WW points into My Fitness Pal? Was looking at your screen shot and just curious. I’ll post more about me over the weekend. It’s time for sleep. Good night everyone.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Thank you for coming here when you are busy. I'm glad you feel better. Oh gosh, sorry about the heartburn. I kind of wish pizza gave me heartburn, I wouldn't want to eat it lol. That's true, I should make little of my efforts. :D What you say is true, sometimes the greatest lessons are learned when it's too late, unfortunately. :( You never have to apologize for a long post...speak your mind! Thank you.

@txsusango Hi and welcome to the group! No, I am not using WW or MFP to track, I use an app called Healthi: https://healthiapp.com/ The Healthi app is free to download and use, but the free version has limited features. The free version allows you to track your food and calorie intake, as well as your activity. The Pro version is a yearly subscription that costs $59.99 annually. I have the Pro version and think it's worth it. I can track limited macros, which is helpful. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Hi all. I feel bloated today, I made baked feta pasta last night (https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/baked-feta-pasta/ ) along with garlic bread. That's enough to make anyone bloated. I don't have much going on this weekend. A dog training session today. Grocery shopping. Here is my food log from yesterday...

Water yesterday: 30 oz

jxkus44gp2uu.jpg