Hubba Hubba for the Holidays (CLOSED GRP) - Part 2

Options

Replies

• gr8grl68
    gr8grl68 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I go through phases . . .sometimes I weigh myself daily, first thing in the morning. Other times it's once a week. I think for me, I need to stick with the scale for now.

This past week hasn't been great--alot of business lunches--and even a breakfast, so needless to say, I am not looking forward to Monday's weigh in . . .and when I have these lunches, I can't use my "lunch hour" for the gym . .. ARGH!

Oh well . . .one day at a time . . . .

Have a great weekend everyone! :)
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Well Blah. Had my first gain, but I KNOW what caused it and I intend to not let it happen this week. I go back to Cycle 1 of the 17 Day Diet tomorrow, so I'll be expecting a much better weigh in next week.

09/05: 152
    09/12:150
    09/19:148
    09/26:148.3
    10/03: <<<>>>
    10/10:
    10/17:
    10/24:
    10/31: <<<>>>
    11/07:
    11/14:
    11/21:
    11/28: <<<t>>>
    12/05:
    12/12:
    12/19:
    12/24: <<<>>>
  • Christina1090
    Christina1090 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

The last few weeks have been really hard for me. I fell off the bandwagon really bad this last week. My eating was ok, but I quit going to the gym at least 3 days a week. Dealing with a bat of depression since being home from my vacation over Labor Day weekend. But I know I need to turn things around and get serious about my goals. I will be going back to Virginia for Christmas to see my boyfriend...and I really want his mouth to drop when he sees me at the airport :)

Any tips on keeping focused? I am a vegetarian, living in a non-vegetarian household...so it's been hard to eat healthy. Oh, one of the reasons I quit the gym last week was because it was getting boring. I wanted more variety in working out. Or working out so that it didn't feel like a workout, if that makes sense. Today, I jogged along a trail by my house for almost a mile, and then uphill walking for another mile...followed it up at home work a half hour of yoga, and then three hours of walking around downtown up and down hills.

Anyway, I hope everyone else is doing well and keeping up the good work! It's all so worth it :)
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    happy sat
  • julidav
    julidav Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Challenge Goal Weight: 163.6

09/05: 179.6
    09/12: 182.4
    09/19: 178.8
    09/26: 176.8
    10/03: <<<mini goal weight 175.6>>>
    10/10:
    10/17:
    10/24:
    10/31: <<<mini goal weight 171.6>>>
    11/07:
    11/14:
    11/21:
    11/28: <<<mini goal weight 167.6>>>
    12/05:
    12/12:
    12/19:
    12/24: <<<challenge goal weight 163.6>>>

I lost 2 pounds this week!
  • trimformecmb
    trimformecmb Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Challenge Goal Weight: 160

09/05: 182
    09/12: 180.6----1.4 lbs lost!
    09/19: 180.0---0.6 lbs lost!
    09/26: 180.0 holding steady......
    10/0 <<< goal 176t>>>
    10/10:
    10/17:
    10/24:
    10/31: < goal 172>>>
    11/07:
    11/14:
    11/21:
    11/28: <<<goal 165>>>
    12/05:
    12/12:
    12/19:
    12/24: <<<goal 160t>>>

HAve a great week everyone!!!!
    No change this week, but really planning on how to make up for it next week.....

i have a thought for a challenge
    how about pulling out a pair of "skinny jeans" or a fantastic outfit you would like to see yourself wearing for Christmas , vacation or at the end of this challenge.......and put them on every week that you post.....let's see the non-scale victories!!!!
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Lets shake our selves off and refocus. I know I have too. My weight this week is 144. Im up three pounds. I ate everthing in sight. I find when Im mid cycle I get the major sugar salt munchies. So. I'm dusting off the cob webs and going back to the C25k. I saw alot of progress and it didnt kill me.

Have a great week!!
  • trimformecmb
    trimformecmb Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    nice work!!!!!
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    good morning ladies,

i had gone to bed last with the intention of getting up this morning and working out, but my youngest(21) son lives with me(he's in college)and had a late night, i dont really sleep until i hear from him or when he gets home(you would think that after 2, the 3 would be easier, not so)anyways, woke up late a little late and with a headache, so i am going take a rest day from exercise....i happy with my week, my numbers have in the green everyday, water has been excellent, and have burned over 3500calories, so i should see some sort of loss tomorrow(weigh in day)....

looking forward to some football and just having a light day.....i hope you all have a wonderful sunday.. :flowerforyou:
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Lets shake our selves off and refocus. I know I have too. My weight this week is 144. Im up three pounds. I ate everthing in sight. I find when Im mid cycle I get the major sugar salt munchies. So. I'm dusting off the cob webs and going back to the C25k. I saw alot of progress and it didnt kill me.

Have a great week!!

lady.. this week WILL be better....:flowerforyou:
  • petiteerrant
    Options
    Back to 126.4 after a weekend away. Not too pleasant...I'm actually about to head out for a guilt run lol
  • chelsea32291
    Options
    Hey ladies, I really need some advice. Today started my TOM and ive been eating everything in sight. Im 400 over, so im feeling a long workout later. How do you all suppress the cravings and what snacks do you eat instead? Im already expecting a gaon for tomorrow, since I always gain during my time, but I need help for the rest of the week!
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    HI All! I have to admit, that for the first time since early July, I am nervous for the weigh in! Since I got back on track in July, I have never posted a gain - I stayed the same a couple of weeks (literally down to the ounce which is odd)...

I was at my sister's (out of town) with my DD5 to help my BIL, Sis, & their DD2 (my sister is 33 weeks prego w/twins, was in the hospital 3 times last week to stop pre-term contractions, and has insulin dependent Gestational Diabetes)... add in that all the IV's they gave her seemed to go directly to her ankles & feet... Yikes!

So, me being there let my BIL get out for a bunch of errands - but I was too nervous to leave my sis alone in the house - and her DD just turned 2, so you have to watch her non-stop (not to mention they don't put her to bed until 10ish, and I was frustrated that my workouts never happened - but they were so thankful for my help, I couldn't complain).

I pre-cooked & brought dinners... packed some healthy snacks - but found myself doing nervous nibbling ... and then when I got back home, I sort of had a run-in with some chocolate cake & cookies my hubby brought back from a party. Ugh!

I am glad we have had our wagon discussion - because I have mine right here with me - I may be clinging, but I refuse to fall off!

So, I have the alarm set for an early AM workout - will be planning my workouts for the rest of the week shortly.... and we'll just have to see what the scale says in the AM!

Hope you all have a wonderful week!

Hugs,

Amy
  • AmyByExample
    Options
    Hey all,

The last few weeks have been really hard for me. I fell off the bandwagon really bad this last week. My eating was ok, but I quit going to the gym at least 3 days a week. Dealing with a bat of depression since being home from my vacation over Labor Day weekend. But I know I need to turn things around and get serious about my goals. I will be going back to Virginia for Christmas to see my boyfriend...and I really want his mouth to drop when he sees me at the airport :)

Any tips on keeping focused? I am a vegetarian, living in a non-vegetarian household...so it's been hard to eat healthy. Oh, one of the reasons I quit the gym last week was because it was getting boring. I wanted more variety in working out. Or working out so that it didn't feel like a workout, if that makes sense. Today, I jogged along a trail by my house for almost a mile, and then uphill walking for another mile...followed it up at home work a half hour of yoga, and then three hours of walking around downtown up and down hills.

Anyway, I hope everyone else is doing well and keeping up the good work! It's all so worth it :)

As far as focused - coming on myfitnesspal.com & catching up with all that my co-challengers are up to is inspiring - I also like to check out the success stories. Another thing I do is to browse some online stores for outfits I would like to wear once I am at goal weight & envision myself wearing that dress (dorky, I know!)

For workout boredom - for one, I cannot workout without my ipod (I have one of those $50 mini ones). I just flip thru until a song strikes my fancy, and that gets me going. I also like to play with the treadmill hitting a 3.4-4.0 speed (whatever feels good that day) then each minute up the incline until I reach the top, then back it down 1 incline each minute until I'm back at the bottom. I'll do the same with speed - marching up from a 3.5 & up to as fast as I feel I can sustain for a minute, then work my way back down.

What about trying a class? Last year, I challenged myself to try 1 new machine, exercise or class a week. It was fun & really pushed me out of my comfort zone.

Hope these help!

Amy :)
  • AmyByExample
    Options
    Hey ladies, I really need some advice. Today started my TOM and ive been eating everything in sight. Im 400 over, so im feeling a long workout later. How do you all suppress the cravings and what snacks do you eat instead? Im already expecting a gaon for tomorrow, since I always gain during my time, but I need help for the rest of the week!

I am struggling with this for the first time in 3 months. I don't know what kept the cravings at bay the other times - so if anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears too!

(the only thing I can think of is chewing gum & upping the fluid intake)
  • Christina1090
    Christina1090 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

As far as focused - coming on myfitnesspal.com & catching up with all that my co-challengers are up to is inspiring - I also like to check out the success stories. Another thing I do is to browse some online stores for outfits I would like to wear once I am at goal weight & envision myself wearing that dress (dorky, I know!)

For workout boredom - for one, I cannot workout without my ipod (I have one of those $50 mini ones). I just flip thru until a song strikes my fancy, and that gets me going. I also like to play with the treadmill hitting a 3.4-4.0 speed (whatever feels good that day) then each minute up the incline until I reach the top, then back it down 1 incline each minute until I'm back at the bottom. I'll do the same with speed - marching up from a 3.5 & up to as fast as I feel I can sustain for a minute, then work my way back down.

What about trying a class? Last year, I challenged myself to try 1 new machine, exercise or class a week. It was fun & really pushed me out of my comfort zone.

Hope these help!

Amy :)

Thanks Amy...I'm slowly getting back into it. I talked to my boyfriend a few times over the weekend and he helped cheer me up, as always. Also, I had to go to David's Bridal this weekend and try on a bridesmaid's dress for my sister's wedding (next September). A year and a half ago, I was barely in a size 16 dress....today I was in a 10 (I'll need a 12 if I stay the same weight...but it almost zipped completely up!!!), so that was a nice ego booster.

Anyway...I'm going to start doing some working out outside of the gym. Too much repetition and it bores me. I do have my music with me too, and that helps, I definitely couldn't do it without it.

I wish I had the energy to keep going w/o it being a struggle. I'll get up at 4:30 to go to the gym by 5, then go to work from 7:30-4:30, home by 5, then I log in for school and do that for a few hours, have some dinner, and pass out. 16+ hour days!! Enough complaining!!!

Thanks for the advice :) Now that I know I will be going back east for Christmas (not thanksgiving) I will be working harder to get to my end goal.

Thanks again!!!! :)
  • jklm
    jklm Posts: 281
    Options
    Well...I'll stay with the scale, but I can understand why some want to skip it for awhile. My doctor was pretty adament that I needed to pay the most attention to what and how much I was eating if I wanted to lose weight.
    I work at telling myself the scale is just about the facts, nothing else. It doesn't show the number of calories I've burned all week and it doesn't show the extra calories I didn't eat all week either. It only shows the weight I am at that exact moment. I'm okay with finding out that fact AND I'll continue giving myself credit for the calories I burned all week and the extra calories I didn't eat that week, too. As long as I'm sticking to my plan...I can deal with today's scale rollercoaster.

Current Weight: 199.2
    09/05: 201
    09/12: 201
    09/19: 199.8 *ONEderland!*
    09/26: 199.2
    10/03: <<<mini-goal - 197>>>
    10/31: <<<mini-goal - 192>>> :
    11/28: <<<mini-goal - 187>>>
    12/24: Challenge Goal Weight: 182
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    FitJ1210 - "Kristen I'm still staying if that is ok?" That's fine. Please post inches lost, when you can, and I'll incorporate it into the chart.

nwohler - "already below my first mini goal. YEAH!!" Yay! Good for you!

fatchristine - Nice challenge idea!

jklm - I got your message.

Sorry this is so short. Crazy weekend! Good luck on your weigh ins tomorrow!!
  • Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hey, sorry I've not been around much this week. I rediscovered my love of cross stitch and have been busily stitching away. Not had a very good week with eating and exercising and I stayed the same weight this week.

Still 213lbs.
  • cba4994
    cba4994 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    09/05: 155
    09/12: 155
    09/19: 154
    09/26: 153
    10/03: <<<mini goal weight>>>
    10/10:
    10/17:
    10/24: