LESS Alcohol ~ JUNE 2023 ~ One Day at A Time

Options

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,572 Member
    Options
    I am Dawn, I live in South Eastern British Columbia.
    I joined this thread in November of 2018, a daily drinker at the time
    My primary goal with drinking less is weight loss.

My usual goal is 16-20 AF days for the month,
    I had 18AF days in May.

I do this diary style, I normally post the next morning.

Saturday June 24 - 2 drinks pretty much immediately after work. Sunday off, I have lots to do in the yard, plus need to tidy/clean before my house appraisal on Tuesday right after I finish work. Planning af until Tuesday evening.
    Sunday June 25 - Drinks. Not planned, but no regrets. Got lots done in the yard, took a break from the sun when the sweat was dripping into my eyes and had a blended Gin cocktail. Another drink several hours later. Geez, the month is coming to an end, I had better get at least 3 more AF days!

Rolling total: 13AF day out of 25 days.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    edited June 2023
    Options
    @globalhiker

I am really happy that you are back to running all of the time. Pure freedom?
    You say that you probably need a happier life, I believe that you are working on that, and writing it down will keep that in the forefront of your mind. Choose happiness?
    We are LA here, a piccolo of champagne is a nice thing to have once in awhile I think.
    In fact, I may put one in the fridge (I buy them in 3-packs) for after my home appraisal today.

@MissMay
    I am doing a re-fi to consolidate mountains of debt and start fresh, hence the last step, the home appraisal.
    I just had to pay my property taxes yesterday, ouch.
    As much as I love love love the autonomy of living on my own, home ownership and upkeep is very expensive. I will see where I am at in August and may consider taking in a tenant although I really don't want to. I will have 3 jobs during that time, but scale back to 2 jobs 6 days a week from September on. I think/hope that without having to pay exorbitant interest anymore that I can do it without having somebody else living in my space. We'll see.
    Haha, I would wreck your old gardens with my junky way of gardening, and I would be apoplectic with the deer eating all of the hard work.

@Michieb125
    I adore what you have in your backyard. So beautiful!
    I love what you say about your Sundays. Saturdays are normally my day to do that even though I have went to work for quite of few of them recently. I get both Saturday and Sunday off coming up for the first time in awhile, I am going to keep in mind what you say about using that to re-centre.

@itladyee
    How fun to go to a baseball game!!!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options

I had 18AF days in May.

Monday June 26 - AF - I just keep cleaning and cleaning before my home appraisal. I have to just stop now and say that is enough. Foregoing getting the toothbrushes out for the baseboards lol, I have run out of time. Planned drinks for tonight after work and the appraisal. Planned AF Wednesday and Thursday. Right down to the wire for my 16 this month, but I will get there.

Rolling total: 14AF day out of 26 days.
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    June 26, 2023
    A = 13
    AF = 13 (back to even)
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @globalhiker

No, not moving, just trying to do a re-fi.

It sounds like you are really going through something right now.
    Big hugs!!!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options

I had 18AF days in May.

Monday June 26 - AF - I just keep cleaning and cleaning before my home appraisal. I have to just stop now and say that is enough. Foregoing getting the toothbrushes out for the baseboards lol, I have run out of time. Planned drinks for tonight after work and the appraisal. Planned AF Wednesday and Thursday. Right down to the wire for my 16 this month, but I will get there.
    Tuesday June 27 - Drinks, as planned. Now to re-clutter my house up so that I can find stuff : - ) Taking the day off to regroup before that no longer is an option once I soon start another new job.

Rolling total: 14AF day out of 27 days.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    Michieb125 wrote: »
    Since retiring, I became an avid walker and hiker, and weaved in Pilates and yoga home videos now and then. I’m excited I joined a well established gym yesterday in which I have been eyeing for while. It is close by, has a robust class schedule with yoga, Pilates, and barre in addition to all the standard equipment and aqua fit. Looking forward to popping in and out a couple of times a week to continue my body recomposition. This year has been about leaning out with weight loss, becoming stronger and reducing health risks as I get older.

Sending encouragement to those who need it. We can find our way with LA because we have this fantastic group (thanks to @MissMay).

June goal: 20-22 AF days
    2 glass limit
    June stats:
    AF - 17
    A - 9

I love at-home yoga too. My go-to is Adrienne but I like Kassandra too. Which ones do you like best?
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,554 Member
    Options
    @annjuodakis6276 WELCOME to our LESS Alcohol group.

The evil circle pattern of alcohol is what you described. It gives us the illusion that after we work so hard to meet our fitness and health goals, it says "hey one little drink won't hurt".

We have all been here, and to tell the truth the devil still sits on my shoulders poking me with his pointed spear telling me to have another(for him)👹

We have a great intro on page one with tips on how to help though this journey. But the best way is to get in here and communicate.