WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2023

Options

Replies

• laltt
    laltt Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Machka9-wow! That elbow took a hit. Glad it isn’t broken but the swelling, bruising and pain, I’m sure will take a bit up heal.

Heather-love the pictures!
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Michele I just use what MFP gives me for the time I did the exercise. It may be high, but it's consistent. It actually bothers me that turning up the resistance on my bike won't get me more calorie credit for a twenty minute ride, but if I'm losing weight, then I can't complain.

Annie in Delaware
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    <3
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    Machka - I’m glad your elbow isn’t broken, hoping it heals fast.

Katla - it’s smoky in our area too, but no fire handy.

Heather - glad you got to be where you wanted to be. It’s great that they followed up, hopefully they make some procedure changes.

Rosemarie - It’s good you are keeping busy today, it must be a difficult day.

Rita - the biggest hugs for you.

Rebecca - I wouldn’t use the term simple minded to describe you. I think the simple things make you happiest, but certainly not simple minded. :)

LeeAnn - pretty pictures, are they taken on your walking trail?

Flea - what a great trip.

I called my doctors office twice today to get the letter she told me would take a few days two weeks ago. I’m very concerned as my employer could technically dismiss me now for job abandonment since my first note expired. I’m praying I get the letter tomorrow.
    The stress of all of this is terrible.

I went to ceramics tonight and finished a little piece I started last week. Technically it is a match holder, but the back is cut out so that I can use it for a tea light holder.
    72cfwbyjkyee.jpeg

Next week I’ll finish a dragon for my son in law for Christmas.

Tracey in Edmonton

Tracey- can you go to the doctor's office and remind them that you need the letter, like last week!. Stay there until they give it to you.

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,854 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Machka - I’m glad your elbow isn’t broken, hoping it heals fast.

Katla - it’s smoky in our area too, but no fire handy.

Heather - glad you got to be where you wanted to be. It’s great that they followed up, hopefully they make some procedure changes.

Rosemarie - It’s good you are keeping busy today, it must be a difficult day.

Rita - the biggest hugs for you.

Rebecca - I wouldn’t use the term simple minded to describe you. I think the simple things make you happiest, but certainly not simple minded. :)

LeeAnn - pretty pictures, are they taken on your walking trail?

Flea - what a great trip.

I called my doctors office twice today to get the letter she told me would take a few days two weeks ago. I’m very concerned as my employer could technically dismiss me now for job abandonment since my first note expired. I’m praying I get the letter tomorrow.
    The stress of all of this is terrible.

I went to ceramics tonight and finished a little piece I started last week. Technically it is a match holder, but the back is cut out so that I can use it for a tea light holder.
    72cfwbyjkyee.jpeg

Next week I’ll finish a dragon for my son in law for Christmas.

Tracey in Edmonton

Tracey- can you go to the doctor's office and remind them that you need the letter, like last week!. Stay there until they give it to you.

That's what I would do ... and have done.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,078 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    We went to the ATM caves today. No cameras allowed, as it is a sacred Mayan site with human bones. Lots and lots of pottery. I tried to copy a link for you, but I guess I'm too tired to remember how. The top of my feet are screaming at me. Three river crossings before we got to the cave, than a swim into the cave. Hike, swim, scramble through the cave, then remove shoes and scramble, wade and hike more. I learned a lot about what archeologists think some of the rituals looked like, but I am beat. I've literally been to hell (Xibalba)and back.

Flea, tonight in Placencia

https://belizing.com/ATM-Cave-Belize/

I found this link and it was very interesting
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    :) Our car shopping plan is starting to progress. My Sunday walking friend has asked to buy our current car. She will have cash available to buy it next month. Today we took money we had in savings and drove to the credit union 40 miles away to pay off the loan on our car. The drive was beautiful. We haven't been to Port Townsend in years so it was especially beautiful. Of course, it's summer so the traffic was heavy. It's still a few weeks until my friend will have the money to pay us and until the required cash distribution comes from my IRA so the sale of our car and the purchase of a new one is still a few weeks away.

:'( What troubles me is that by selling our car locally rather than trading it in to the dealer when we buy the next car, is that the dealers are in Seattle. The logistics of getting there may include me driving home in our current car and Jake driving the new car. Not what I want to do.

:)Annie, have you thought about listing a piece of nighttime chocolate as part of your food plan so it doesn't seem like a weakness or bump in the road? or your daily prize for some special extra exercise?

:)Heather, I like the parts of your trip where you wear slacks and a warm jacket. That is more my style than the fancy dress up clothing. Could someone go on your cruise without the dress up clothing and just be casual the whole time?

<3Machka, Your elbow looks so sore and it's my experience that the older we are, the longer things take to heal. I wish you patience and you wait out the healing process.

:)Rebecca, you and I both are happy doing the simple things. It's a great way to live.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,039 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Katla a beautiful hummingbird for you, Yay!

Flea what a marvelous trip! And so active!

A touch of smoke here, but nothing like before. Today I need to work on cleaning my car, installing new wipers, and figuring out the steering wheel lock that I bought. And then horseback riding.

Have a great day ladies!

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,537 Member
    Options
    Michele I just use what MFP gives me for the time I did the exercise. It may be high, but it's consistent. It actually bothers me that turning up the resistance on my bike won't get me more calorie credit for a twenty minute ride, but if I'm losing weight, then I can't complain.

Annie in Delaware

Kinda bums me out when I c that I only burn around 100 calories when I’ve ridden 5 miles on a spin bike. :0/

I found that I will burn usually 90-100 per mile when I run.

I know the healthier you are the more efficient your body uses energy/calories, but geez.

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,049 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Much better air here today. We have had 23 air quality alert days this year. I wear my N-100 mask when I garden during these times. Walks with DrewB are short. House is shut up to hopefully keep poor quality air out. DH wants windows open. I tell him I am the one who dusts and dusting every other day just is not practical. Perhaps I need to hire a house cleaner to help. I have gotten through because he is better at keeping house closed during these times.

A N-100 mask looks like a gas mask. I bought it when I painted over the asbestos tape on son's duct work. If you paint asbestos it seals it in and no chance of it flaking. That is what causes the problem with it when it flakes. Still I was not going to take any chances when I was doing the project. I also bought an air cleaner too. I have used that too during this air quality business.

The air is like you are sitting in front of a campfire 24/7. Awful!!