WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2023

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    Options
    renewtoday wrote: »
    Hi Group,

How do I join? I saw a My Fitness Pal commercial last evening while watching Yellow Stone.

It’s just what I need, so I signed up today.

Jolene
    CA

You're here and welcome!

This is an open thread in one of MFP's subforums, so all you need to do is keep posting here. :)

Machka in Oz
  • Chemal71
    Chemal71 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Would love to join you. 52 yrs old and just joined a couple of weeks ago. Would love to connect and encourage.
    Malynn from LA area.
  • Machka9
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    It's easier for me to remember a name like Sally rather than xyj567v

<3 Barbie in NW WA

It's funny ... I often remember numbers better than names. I have a terrible time remembering people's names. For a while, I figured everyone should just be given a number, it would be easier to remember. :)

Meanwhile, my husband was really good at remembering names until his accident. Since my husband's accident, I've worked much harder at remembering people's names so I could help him. It can be done ... memory can improve. But it is an uphill battle.

As an aside ... do you remember the Seinfeld episode where George thought the name Seven would be a good one for a girl? :smiley:

We have a large Asian population here, so as far as I'm concerned, I'll attempt to remember all sorts of names including Quynh, Yi, Silpa, Reshmi, Priya, Li wei, Nguyên ... and Seven. :smiley:

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    itf8h96xgy63.png

s6rn6301fn02.png
  • Machka9
    edited July 2023
    Options
    June Highlights

June was a busy, chaotic month.

* I exercised most days, but had a few days off because of travel and injury. On the days I exercised, I cycled, walked, ran, gardened, rowed, lifted weights and climbed lots of stairs.
    * We did manage to cycle a 50 km ride, but it took two tries this month.
    * Injured left arm :(
    * I lost another kg which isn't bad given that we were travelling and I usually gain weight during travel! So I'm 4 kg down from my high point in mid-April.
    * Finished planting the native bushes in the garden bed I'm currently working on. And dug up about half the bulbs. I would be out there today digging up the rest, but I'm resting my arm.
    * Attended 2 bee webinars.
    * Attended a brain injury peer group meeting.
    * Attended a cycling conference in Melbourne, Australia
    * Visited an area we haven't been to in over 5 years.
    * Flew for the first time in over 4 years.
    * Lots of colouring and reading for pleasure.
    * Reading the Bible every day.
    * Did a little bit of work on the online course I'm taking from a university in Melbourne.
    * So many meetings and webinars at work.
    * Lots of medical appointments.

It was a month of running from one thing to the next.

Machka in Oz
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the new thread Barbie.

Happy Birthday Allie!

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • Machka9
    Options
    July 1

Exercise

Cycling outside! 10C with a feels like temp of 3C.
    otn9pnf1xhyi.png

Lettuce and other produce

The news tells us that it has been hard to get the usual variety of produce we were able to find in stores a few years ago. Evidently this area has had a shortage of potatoes and lettuce, but we weren't aware of it because we grow our own. :)

Hobbies

I just purchased a whole bunch more pens for my colouring on Friday. :) I got mostly blues and greens because I go through those ones quickly.

Happy Birthday Allie

Happy Canada Day!!

Machka in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Barbie!

<3

Karen in Virginia
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,759 Member
    Options
    Barbie ... thank you for the new month! I'm hoping a red car is available and affordable for you!

Machka ... good reminders for care givers and anyone who is beginning to age. The non-skid bath mat has been an issue at my mom's assisted living facility. The shower pan is of poor design and nothing I purchased was able to grip (which I have discussed with the facility). Ended up buying water shoes with rubber treads and that seems to be helping. After suffering 2 major falls/breaks in a year, she is terrified of falling again will do anything to stay safe.

Not particularly confident in my scale, but I think I lost 2 pounds in June (or at least have stopped the upward creep). In July, I hope to extend my fasting to 21 hours per day with only a 3 hour window for eating ... 4:00-7:00. Since retiring from a physically demanding job, I discovered this week that I don't have the stamina I once did. Hope to remedy that by more intentional and consistent activity in July.

Beth near Buffalo