Lost 163 pounds (352 -> 189)

Options
2»

Replies

• lemondrop130
    lemondrop130 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Seriously one of the most motivational posts I have ever read!!! I really appreciate your candor and courage! Keep going!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    Great job. How long now have you been at this weight?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ___Tams___
    ___Tams___ Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Amazing, you look great.
  • ikalujny
    ikalujny Posts: 68 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Great stuff! Very inspiring.

What time did it take to cut this weight? And what was/is your calorie deficit? (i'm of same age and height)
  • Pdc654
    Pdc654 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Wow, Jeff!! Awesome!! You've done a fantastic job
  • psdavis552
    psdavis552 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Kudos! Way to go! Wow!
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Very impressive! Well done!!
  • Schila64
    Schila64 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Congratulations… but mostly , GoStros!!
  • successgogirl
    successgogirl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    :D:D Looking good.
  • rakeshrsmath
    rakeshrsmath Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Amazing.. Great Going.. Its Inspiring
  • reener1987
    reener1987 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!! Well done 👏👏👏👏
  • Brommando
    Brommando Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey @JeffBarker38 !

I'm on my way there... started at 347 and am down to 206 (6^2 male). My long term goal is to get close to your current weight and hover between 185-195.

I too fell into the long term fasting protocols.. with the biggest downside being I always felt terrible when doing any kind of training. I think the moment I realized it wasn't working for me was when I ran on a 72 hour fast and was incredibly light headed after about 4 miles. I couldn't get back home to consume carbs fast enough after that.

Anyway, congrats on the accomplishment! See you there soon.
  • Kenathor
    Kenathor Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Excellent post Jeff. Congratulations and thank you for the inspiring words.
  • MsBaz2018
    MsBaz2018 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    You should brag; yeah!! That's amazing. I can't even Imagine the type of patience it takes to day in day out be aware of how many calories you are eating and make sure it's low enough to continue losing for 1; 10; 20; 50; 80... 163!! Did you think you'd make it?
    Thanks for sharing this with us. The pictures and the health markers are really telling.
    Congratulations and good luck for maintenance.
  • mmillsrd1177
    mmillsrd1177 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    First of all -- great job. I know how hard it is when you have a lot of weight to lose -- I have gone from 440 to 340 in about three years. but.... still have more to lose ... have stayed good on the fitness side but the nutrition side has definitely lagged. I still count but not as consistently. I have continued to feel so much better -- its hard now because the body has gotten so used to this new lifestyle of fitness and better eating. Don't get me wrong -- there is no going back -- I look at old pics and clothes -- no way.

Any suggestions to get back on the "consistency" train so to speak. Keep up the great work --
  • goofy6472
    goofy6472 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Amazing results! Inspiring and great tips
  • Jenni4w
    Jenni4w Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi. I feel this is too personal… so dismiss it if so. You look phenomenal and healthy. That’s so awesome. My question is “Did you have surgery for skin removal or did you just naturally bounce back?”
  • ITVGuy2000
    ITVGuy2000 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring story. I am so close in so many ways. Friend me please.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!