WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2023

Options

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Heather I love the shadows in the distance. It really gives depth.

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,264 Member
    Options
    Great Post, Lisa. <3 I feel so much better when I'm thinner, that I'm a danger to myself! It's only now in later life that thin doesn't equal hyperactive sex mad temptress. :p Again because of my abused childhood. At the moment I am looking 'comfortable ', or 'motherly', so no danger of me going off the rails. I am working on the return of the sex goddess, though I am thinking more 'raddled old hag'. :p>:):p
    So true that our bodily 'covering' is a deep matter.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • Anniesquats100
    Options
    Welcome Jenny!

I think most of us eat when our emotions run high. I'm slowly learning to grab an extra yogurt instead of a sugary treat, to quit after one, and to go exercise the calories away. Counting calories has really taught me the difference between a 100 calorie snack vs ice cream, etc. I can recover from 100 calories over, but the bigger treats I regret for hours. They say the pleasure from eating a treat lasts less than fifteen minutes.

I also have the impulse to hide my treats. Logging everything really helps me to be more logical about eating. Getting invested in meeting my calorie goals gives me the temptation to just not log. But now I know better. My program is working so I'm not going to change it now.

Good luck to you on your journey! Remember to allow yourself time for trial and error, and learn from your mistakes.

Annie in Delaware
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Barbie ~ What a snazzy looking car and so happy you got your favorite red.

Debbie ~ I don't blame you for not wanting Ezzie just one day a week.

Heather ~ Your trip to London sounded like a great day but I bet you were very tired when you got home. I would never have that much energy.

OK...I wrote those comments yesterday and now have had 4 more pages to cover!

Lisa & Heather ~ You are both very insightful about your old/new eating habits. My wine habit in the evening is my menace.

Rebecca ~ Your pen pal gift is a beautiful thing to do for a young person. Love your flowers from your husband.

Allie ~ Sorry that you are feeling hurt because you weren't invited to the family gathering. I have had occasions like that.

KJ ~ Hope you recover quickly. One year strep was going like wild fire through my classroom and it took me two dr. visits to bet over it.

Karen in VA ~ Where are you?

WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW POSTERS! :)<3:)

Carol in GA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Did Denise Austin Quick Burn Cardio DVD then went for my walk then to WalMart. I went slower today because I have these cramps in my stomach. I know it’ll go away (like right now they’re not as severe as they were this morning). I’m not going to track because I know that I’ll be trying to eat things that will hopefully settle my stomach, like yogurt.

Speaking of yogurt, I tried this Chobani low sugar. It says it has stevia and monk fruit extract in it. I reminded myself that I really don’t like the taste of the stevia. So the second container I added honey just to mask the taste of the stevia.

We’re supposed to go to a baseball game today. Guess I’ll take my own food so I can have something lighter.

Pool party went, I thought, well yesterday. I have these grass skirts that I put around the garbage cans and this year the skirts fell down. We wonder if it’s because this year is the warmest it’s ever been. Fortunately, the rain held off until most everyone was gone. Vince guess we had about 40 people here. I do wish people would stay longer, but I also understand that some people don’t like to drive at night. I know that I’d prefer not to

I got the cake for Newcomers ($20) and a box of cookies for Vince. Normally, I don’t buy cookies but because we bought them, I could use my $5 coupon which made the cookies 49 cents plus I’ll get $2 or $3 off my next purchase at that store. So I think it was worth buying the cookies.

Rebecca – how sweet of your husband to bring you flowers . How sweet you are to get all those things for your pen pal!

For some reason I couldn’t sleep last night so I got up. Now I’m so tired!

Ginny – it’s been muggy here, too. When I go for my walk, lately I’ve been taking my water bottle with me. I’m thinking that I need to take some sort of bandana for my sweating.

Jenny – wb

Well, off to the baseball game

Michele NC
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    July 2023 Jump Back Up
    Word of the year: appreciate. Today I appreciate honest people.
    Meditation: daily.16/31 (82%(started Feb)94%,100%, 74%, 93%

Walking and exercising slowed down because of record heat this month. Emotionally and physically feeling better otherwise.

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 8/8–(100%,100%,0%,0%,0%,0%)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 5989, 6411, (7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%—7465,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 2/2 —(100%,100%,100%,100%,100%, 100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 142/208—(100%,100%,100%,50%, 83%, 100% should be 137 by August 1)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)58/94 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,(100%,100%,100%,0%,100%,100%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 11/15 (100%,88%,100,100%,100%,100%,93%)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 26/12 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 6/12—(100%.100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107, (100%,100%,100%)

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met—-99%
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

1. Take a small step to help overcome a problem or worry. I am working on helping my son through this tough time by being in contact with his case worker and tracking his location.
    2. Adopt a growth mindset. Change “I can’t” into “I can’t…yet”. I try to never use those words. I follow Yoda’s ‘Do or not, there is no try”
    3. Be willing to ask for help when you need it. I will. My back hurts today so will easily ask for help when I need it.
    4. Find something to look forward to today. Missed posting this yesterday. So today I am looking forward to my therapy session.
    5. Get the basics right: eat well, exercise and go to bed on time. Will do!
    6. Pause, breathe, and feel your feet firmly on the ground. Will meditate today to help me do this.
    7. Shift your mood by doing something you really enjoy. I really need to do this today. Did not do this. Had a bad day all around yesterday.
    8. Avoid saying “must” or “should” to yourself today. I will try.
    9. Put a problem in perspective by seeing the bigger picture. Trying to see my son’s decisions through his eyes.
    10. Reach out to someone you trust and share your feelings with them. I did not do this.
    11. Look for something positive in a difficult situation. My son is bonding with his uncle and grandmother.
    12. Write you worries down and save them for a specific “worry time”. I will try to remember to do this. Write them in my journal.
    13. Challenge negative thoughts. Find an alternative interpretation. I worked on this. I also learned a breathing technique to help.
    14. Get outside and move to help clear your head. I do this every day, but the triple digit heat is preventing it.
    15. Set yourself an achievable goal and take the first step. I have to think about this.
    16. Find fun ways to distract yourself from unhelpful thoughts.
    17. Use one of your strengths to overcome a challenge today.
    18. Let go of the small stuff and focus on the things that matter.
    19. If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.
    20. When things go wrong, pause and be kind to yourself.
    21. Identify what helped you get through a tough time in your life.
    22. Find 3 things you feel hopeful about and write them down.
    23. Remember that all feelings and situations pass in time.
    24. Choose to see something good about what has gone wrong.
    25. Notice when you are being judge mental and be kind instead.
    26. Catch yourself over-reacting and take a deep breath.
    27. Write down 3 things you are grateful for (even if today was hard).
    28. Think about what you can learn about a recent problem.
    29. Be a realistic optimist. Focus on what could go right.,
    30. Reach out to a friend, family member, or colleague for support.
    31. Remember we all struggle at times. It’s part of being human.
    RVRita in NM
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,482 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Rebecca, I knew you'd have sound advice. You're a peach!

Just think fasting time is healing time. Its a time when your body is cleaning house so to speak. Being hungry isn't an emergency, it will pass. 👍🏼💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Fitbee-when I was out getting walk in this am I walked past a man walking his little dog who commented "Getting it in early before the storms". We are having rain and it is muggy!
    Machka-sorry to hear about knee. I know it takes a lot to keep you down. Hope rest and maybe therapy will take care of problem.
    Dr. Katiebug-I like the chicken/apple sausage also. However, I currently stuck on Johnsonville turkey links. 80 calories for two of them. I've been know to use them for a random protein snack during the day also.
    Rebecca-your pen pal experience is very interesting to me-I have never really seen it in action.

Yesterday was a restful day. Got in walk, shopping, laundry. Also took a nap (which is unusual for me). Stopping by church this am to talk about needs in the community. Will do my walk after that I think instead of fitting in before. Speaking at 8:30 service and 10:30 so there goes my morning. But I will survive!

Want to get a good stretch session in so off to start the day with my meditation first.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

In action, its an interesting exchange for certain. I have 17 pen pals currently. Some we write twice a month, some just once a month, and the international ones every couple of months. We have been through, deaths, divorce, depression, but also births marriages, and joys. So the whole gambit of emotions with them all. At first we talked surface stuff, the weather, what we're doing, our favorite movies, or books. Then slowly over the years got into the nitty gritty of things. I had joined a "snail mail" Facebook group in 2018 and put a general bio on there, and got private messages from a group of people, and we exchanged addresses. Out of maybe 30 people these 17 have stuck with me. Most are my age, in their 60's, but my gal I am sending new apartment stuff to is 21. A couple are in their 50's. No guys though! Oh and we do not discuss politics or religion. If we do its just in the general sense.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    WA
    If any of you wish to be my pen pal too, just get with me on the mail system here and we can exchange addresses. I am a very talkative person, so writing does hone those writing skills, and I even spell things correctly.😁
  • Anniesquats100
    Options
    Lisa how brave you are to do all the inside work. We are lucky to have you sharing with us, you are a great example.

Rita glad your son is doing better. Interviews are great!

Michele Wow forty people! That's a big party! Glad it went well.

I have an extra 200 calories to burn off, so I will be riding my bike some more. I don't think of Sundays as cheat days exactly, it's more about eating what my parents want to eat: red meat. Sad that I still do a bit of that. But only one day a week.

Now it's nap time, except there's another big rain storm. Teddy gets scared and is all over me.

Annie in Delaware
  • Whidislander
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did Denise Austin Quick Burn Cardio DVD then went for my walk then to WalMart. I went slower today because I have these cramps in my stomach. I know it’ll go away (like right now they’re not as severe as they were this morning). I’m not going to track because I know that I’ll be trying to eat things that will hopefully settle my stomach, like yogurt.

Speaking of yogurt, I tried this Chobani low sugar. It says it has stevia and monk fruit extract in it. I reminded myself that I really don’t like the taste of the stevia. So the second container I added honey just to mask the taste of the stevia.

We’re supposed to go to a baseball game today. Guess I’ll take my own food so I can have something lighter.

Pool party went, I thought, well yesterday. I have these grass skirts that I put around the garbage cans and this year the skirts fell down. We wonder if it’s because this year is the warmest it’s ever been. Fortunately, the rain held off until most everyone was gone. Vince guess we had about 40 people here. I do wish people would stay longer, but I also understand that some people don’t like to drive at night. I know that I’d prefer not to

I got the cake for Newcomers ($20) and a box of cookies for Vince. Normally, I don’t buy cookies but because we bought them, I could use my $5 coupon which made the cookies 49 cents plus I’ll get $2 or $3 off my next purchase at that store. So I think it was worth buying the cookies.

Rebecca – how sweet of your husband to bring you flowers . How sweet you are to get all those things for your pen pal!

For some reason I couldn’t sleep last night so I got up. Now I’m so tired!

Ginny – it’s been muggy here, too. When I go for my walk, lately I’ve been taking my water bottle with me. I’m thinking that I need to take some sort of bandana for my sweating.

Jenny – wb

Well, off to the baseball game

Michele NC

He gets them from a plant nursery up the street. Even though the Safeway plant area is closer, he is all about funding the local businesses. The fact that it was for no reason at all, was sweet.🤗💖
    I have taken this pen pal under my wing so to speak over the years. Its been nice to see her get more brave in the world and be on her own. I have always told her I never wanted to mother her, as she has a mother already. But to be her Auntie works. Kids nowadays need all the adult cheerleaders for them they can get.👍🏼💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa