WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2023

Options

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    DH home from cricket and really appreciated his Tandoori chicken. :D We have one piece left to fight over for lunch tomorrow.
    My friend G had to drive for 8 hours to see her granddaughter! Now the other grandmother also has covid! They have been meeting outside. She is thinking of stopping overnight on the way home, because it was all a bit exhausting at 74. I know I could never do that.
    The floors in my son's living room and family room are finished! Underfloor heating. :) Hooray!
    670465wc9bdf.jpg
    su7pov4e4554.jpg

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Floors are beautiful! Looks like the place is coming along nicely. Probably not soon enough though.πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ’–
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,618 Member
    Options
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Rebecca ~ I'm not sure if you had already changed to lamps to outside decos or not. Anyway, they sure looked good.

Heather ~ Nice floors! The house will be beautiful when it is finished.

Evie ~ Enjoy your holiday. Four years was a long time not to see your son.

Lanette ~ Your chickie stories are so interesting.

Reading but no notes taken!

Carol in GA
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Partial walk w/family- *turned back w/Lucy after 2mi* 1hr 19min 8sec, 26elev, 3.03ap, 82ahr, 210mhr, 4.03mi= 370c
    Strava app = 494c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats- 2hrs 8min 53sec, 318elev, 100aw, 18.7amph, 98ahr, 131mhr, 40.09mi= 651c
    Strava app= 741c
    Zwift stats- 2hrs 8min 55sec, 100aw, 53arpm, 18.66amph, 40.1mi= 741c
    Walk to donate blood, get nails done n bk- 21.32min, 1.04mi= 113c
    Strava app= 128c

Total cal 1134

First time riding since I came back , so I pushed out 40 miles
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    evie1958 wrote: Β»
    L
    Debbi and Rebecca, I tried mochi once, could not get past the glutinous mass that surrounded the ice cream! As Lisa would say "urk!"

We are leaving today to go on holiday, we haven't seen our youngest son for almost four years, so we will be traveling across a few provinces to get to where he is. Neither hubby nor I slept all that well last night, good thing we aren't going too far today, hopefully since the trip will be started, we will sleep better tonight.
    I will have plenty of electronics with me, so will be able to keep up with reading, don't know how much commenting I will be doing tho. I will be thinking of all of you tho as we go thru our various ups and downs.
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island

The mochi isn't too bad if you eat it more frozen but I totally understand the texture thing.
    It really depends on the brand for me. Some use a lot less mochi and some the mochi isn't so sticky

I am like that with the yam threads my mother in law puts in sukiyaki- to me they are like unflavored gummy worms. She used to tell me to eat them because they are good for me. Then I looked up in a Japanese cook book- basically no nutritional value. Now I skip them and eat the meat, tofu and cabbage.

Have a wonderful time seeing your son. I can't imagine not seeing my son for that long. Mine still lives at home and was hard not seeing him for the week he went away with his girlfriend for their 5 yr "anniversary".

Debbie

• dlfk202000
    Options
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Hello, my chickens,

Unexpected drama:
    After my daughter's rough beginning, it got worse... She flew through Salt Lake City, and long story short, ended up doing CPR on an older gentleman in the airport. It took more than ten minutes for emergency services to get there (in a smallish airport!), and she was pretty sure as she was working on him that the old man wouldn't make it after they took him away. One man got there after she did and helped swap out compressions, as well as finding an AED... but they won't start an already stopped heart, they're only built to shock a fibrillating heart back into rhythm.

She was so frustrated and angry, bless her. When she saw him on the floor, apparently two of the folks staring down at the man said they had medical knowledge, but were doing nothing. So she did. I'm so proud of her, and she said she knows it wasn't her fault, but this may well haunt her. And now she has to cope with a curious seven-year-old daughter who may well never forget it either. She and her two youngest are on a ten-hour flight now to Hawaii, and my heart is there, in mid-air with her.

Enough of this day... time to go dive into an unfamiliar recipe... :wink:

Love,
    Lisa in AR

Lisa- so sorry your daughter had to deal with that and the lifetime memory they will all have.
    Is there any way she will ever find out if the gentleman made it or not?
    Mom felt the same way when she had to do CPR on dad but didn't stop until the ambulance got there almost 20 minutes later.

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,384 Member
    Options

Tracey, this link took me to "Teddy Chews" - lots of reels featuring a golden retriever. Cute doggie! Liked where the vet said he could only have 1200 calories a day and his reply - OK and how many at night? :D

Sounds like me, lol.

Is this really you? :p

Lanette B)
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    Mochi is most definitely an acquired taste. I like Mochi with fruit in the middle too. Our Asian has them in tangy fruit flavors, covered in fruit Mochi and a dusting of tapioca flour.
    Heather, well my thoughts are with them. We have moved many times with all three sons in tow, during the holidays. One year or tree was just a tabletop one with a couple presents each. We were together and life happens.πŸ’–πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Mochi is most definitely an acquired taste. I like Mochi with fruit in the middle too. Our Asian has them in tangy fruit flavors, covered in fruit Mochi and a dusting of tapioca flour.
    [
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

I wasn't a fan at first of mochi but the fruit flavored ones are really good. I also like the ube ,brown sugar and peanut ones too.
    I would have to say the same thing about sushi-
    The first few times I had it(and I ONLY eat vegetarian or cooked sushi-no raw fish for me), the nori would make me sick to my stomach. Now, shoot, I eat it plain as a crunchy snack a pack or two at a time.
    My favorite is wasabi nori.

Debbie

• pipcd34
    Options
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,644 Member
    Options
    :)