WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2023

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    KJ – we just received the Poppin Tubes and I had to open it because I don’t want to have to struggle at Denise’s. I don’t even know if she has a pair of scissors! Anyway, I think I’ll order a set for me, they’re so much fun…..

Made some banana chocolate chip muffins today after the pool. Mainly because I needed some chocolate chips to take to Denise’s Remember that Rice Krispie thing I got for PJ to decorate? Well, one of the decorations they suggest is chocolate chips. Looks like I’m getting down to the bottom of the bag of bananas that I got for 26 cents/pound.

Evelyn - have a great trip! Looking forward to hearing all about your travels

barbie – of course you didn’t leave the impression that someone should avoid the news. What works for one person, doesn’t work for another. That’s one of the wonderful things about this group, we all accept everyone else for who they are, even if it’s not something like us. Some people can devour the news….for others it isn’t something for them. Everyone is different, and we respect your feelings.

Heather – the first time I experienced heated floors was when I visited my friend in Switzerland. How neat! What happens when something happens to the heating under the floor? Do they have to rip up the whole flooring just to fix it?

Lisa = I would be very proud of my daughter if she had done what your daughter did. My heart goes out to her and her daughter, tho

Walked down to Food Lion, returned carrots that I got by mistake and bought kiwi because they were on sale. I also had a coupon for almond milk. I really should have only gotten two or one of the kiwi since the almond milk is heavy. Oh well….

Played mahjongg by the pool (with my feet in the spa). Then took a shower (I sweat on the walks). Now to bed.

Michele NC
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: »
    Rebecca ~ I'm not sure if you had already changed to lamps to outside decos or not. Anyway, they sure looked good.

Heather ~ Nice floors! The house will be beautiful when it is finished.

Evie ~ Enjoy your holiday. Four years was a long time not to see your son.

Lanette ~ Your chickie stories are so interesting.

Reading but no notes taken!

Carol in GA

Not yet. The photos were examples of the lamps. I asked eldest son if he still had the Japanese lamps and he does👍🏼. If will be awhile before we can use them outside, but if he sends some of his stuff home then maybe. He will have to downside his stuff for Japan, but its not until next year that he moves there.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Rebecca: So glad you don't have to move!

Carol: I got way behind on the blog. I know your knee hurts and you have a brace. Are you having surgery?

Heather: I hope you and DH have a wonderful time in France once all the arrangements are finalized.

Allie: I hope you feel better and are able to rest!

Machka: Wow 64 degrees in the winter. I usually have the heat at 72 degrees during the day and 68 degrees at night! Maybe next winter I will try cutting back some!

Rori: Great you have a man communicating with you! How wonderful!

Evelyn: Love the bouquet!

Kayne: Welcome! Good luck with your surgery!

Debbie: Do you think your DH would benefit from an anti-depressant?

Tracey: Educating yourself to be an Education assistant! Great going!

Lisa Etc and Machka: Great news on your test results!

I got behind on reading the blog, but skimmed through the best I could! My weight is down 4 pounds now. I haven't done any exercise at all this week. Hopefully tomorrow and over the week end. I did go to Atlanta and see Wicked. I liked it. Not much is happening which may be a good thing! I need to have the house painted. This is my next big project!

Best,
    Rosemarie from GA

I was not looking forward to it. I'm kind of done moving for a bit.🙄🙃
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Mochi is most definitely an acquired taste. I like Mochi with fruit in the middle too. Our Asian has them in tangy fruit flavors, covered in fruit Mochi and a dusting of tapioca flour.
    [
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

I wasn't a fan at first of mochi but the fruit flavored ones are really good. I also like the ube ,brown sugar and peanut ones too.
    I would have to say the same thing about sushi-
    The first few times I had it(and I ONLY eat vegetarian or cooked sushi-no raw fish for me), the nori would make me sick to my stomach. Now, shoot, I eat it plain as a crunchy snack a pack or two at a time.
    My favorite is wasabi nori.

Debbie

I like the teriyaki nori. My eldest son ate mostly anything when we were in Japan when he was a child. He would eat the dried fish snacks. He loved grossing his father out crunching on them, my husband saying ew!!! Also the rice candy with the rice paper "wrapping" you could eat. He also loved the various savory seaweed wrapped, or decorated crackers.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,947 Member
    Options
    Rosemarie- YES, I think dh would really benefit from some meds. He went to a psychiatrist not long after his brother died. She wanted to put him on them then, that was 13 yrs ago. He didn't want to.
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Some of my favorite things at my local Asian store:
    buqz6hxb7g81.png
    pr779mtbnzkk.png
    ay5xaiq2yka0.png
    My fruit mochi, my light cheese cake, and sesame crackers
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,824 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options

Tracey, this link took me to "Teddy Chews" - lots of reels featuring a golden retriever. Cute doggie! Liked where the vet said he could only have 1200 calories a day and his reply - OK and how many at night? :D

Sounds like me, lol.

Is this really you? :p

Lanette B)

No just the sentiment of the dog is me. Same as you. 😀
    Tracey
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,211 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    DH is home today because of the rain. He's quite glad of the break because it's a lot of driving at his age, 77. He only keeps going over to where we used to live, for the cricket, because his friend goes. Otherwise he would go locally. Roadworks are always causing havoc.

Max is coming over after an early lunch. We will go to Hove Museum just down the road, which we haven't been to in all the time we've lived here! We keep meaning to, and just never get round to it. DDIL is taking the girls to the cinema. I hope she will find a back way to avoid the jams in town because of the hotel demolition. Everyone thinks the fire was an insurance job.
    Before that DH will do his Thursday fruit and veg shopping. :D<3 I'm fancying sausages with cabbage and cherry tomatoes. It's that kind of chilly, damp, weather.
    I'll be copying and pasting. And nagging DH about the insurance for the French trip. I also have to order my repeat prescription. I'll do that now. :)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,870 Member
    Options
    Regarding reading the news and other articles ... I realised that I tend to do it when I am on the bus or when I am waiting. Waiting for the bus. Waiting for an appointment. Waiting for my computer to finish updates.

Once I am at work or at home, I no longer have the time for such luxuries. And yes, I look at that sort of reading as a bit of a luxury.

I'm thinking about this topic because I just read an article while waiting for the bus.

M in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    Options
    OK ladies, here we go. Debbie - I saw your stats yesterday and added them, hope that was OK. If anyone else wanted to be listed, just add yourself. Also, anyone who has been at goal for a period of time and wants to share, that info is most welcome :) Lanette

MFP Accountability Post for July 24, 2023

Debbie in CA ……. -.6 lbs……. 22 lbs to goal

Lanette SW WA ……. - .5 lbs……. 6.5 lbs to goal. Based on my stats a year ago, when I was in better shape, I also have a goal to lose 2 inches from my hips.
    ☘️ Terri: maintenance since Nov 2019
    Maintenance range 130 <> 135 lbs
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    Options
    Very behind. 😝 Story if my life 😂

Pg 61
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,211 Member
    Options
    The maintenance guys have been outside painting the lines on the road, (parking bays etc). DH had to park our car around the corner last night, because there has been a notice up since last week. As it is raining, we wondered if they would come, but they've done the opposite side of the road. I hope they finish today.
    Weather truly miserable. Wet, windy, chilly.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,870 Member
    Options
    DH home from cricket and really appreciated his Tandoori chicken. :D We have one piece left to fight over for lunch tomorrow.
    My friend G had to drive for 8 hours to see her granddaughter! Now the other grandmother also has covid! They have been meeting outside. She is thinking of stopping overnight on the way home, because it was all a bit exhausting at 74. I know I could never do that.
    The floors in my son's living room and family room are finished! Underfloor heating. :) Hooray!
    670465wc9bdf.jpg
    su7pov4e4554.jpg

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Nice floors!!