Team UK - seeking a revival!

Options

Replies

• carolineb81
    carolineb81 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Im caroline, im 30 and have 2 children - a 21 month old and a 10 week old. My goal is to get fit again and to get back to the size I was before my first pregnancy, I had both my children quite close together so I didnt lose all the weight from my first pregnancy before I got pregnant again.

A lot of my goals are really about fitness rather than weight (although as I get fit I hope obviously to loose more weight as well!) I used to run 10k 5 times a week before I got pregnant and loved being fit, that was almost 3 years ago now though and I want to get back to it.

At the moment I am doing 30 day shred (day 16) and also just started couch to 5k (week one). Once I have finished 30day shred going to move onto another of her DVDs to do along side the couch to 5k. My exercise is limited to when the children are in bed or hubby is off work so I do 3ds while they are having afternoon nap and I go running before hubby goes to work. Eventual plan is to be running a lot more everyday.

Eating wise Im not too bad, I ate soooo much while I was pregnant, i was literally eating all the time! I have lost 33lbs so far and got another 35 to go :)
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jane. I live in the Midlands. I'm a psychologist by training, and work as a university lecturer. I have one lovely daughter, who is nine, and frankly the best kid in the world. I also share my life with two very energetic jack russells who take quite some walking. I have a fair bit of weight to lose, but am re-acquianting myself with the joys of gym and running. I'm more intererested in being fit and healthy than I am in being skinny (though being slim would be a nice outcome of the fitness thing!)
  • Donners185
    Donners185 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Laura, I've been on MFP for about a year but have only started taking it seriously for the last 3-4 months. I've lost 58lbs so far but i still have roughly 70lbs to go, although this may change when i get closer to my goal weight. I try to work out 4-5 days a week but it will prob get harder during the winter. Would love to be part of team UK for motivation and support. :smile:
  • margo36
    margo36 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm Margarete. I'm 62 and have no kids. I have struggled with my weight all my life. I want to lose at least 30 pounds although my partner says I'm look Okay as I am. I live in rural area in Hertfordshire and have three dogs. Jack a Dalmation 13 yrs old, Prince a Black Belguim Shepherd 5 yrs old and Daisy a Dalmation nearly 3 yrs old. My partner John is 34 yrs old and we have been together for 3 yrs. We are off to Thailand after Christmas so I definetely need to lose some weight before then. I'm semi retired and work part time as a relief Manager in a Bookies.
  • wendiekins
    Options
    I'm Wendie, wife/mother/house elf and avoider of full length mirrors!!! I was very poorly for about 7years and piled on about 3 stone through general fatigue & inactivity. Now my health has settled to a manage-able level I am determined to lose the weight I gained and find the old me again. I've never been a dieting kinda of person before as I've been diabetic most of my life so have had a fairly healthy diet but I've managed to lose about 20lbs from Jan-Jun this year by cutting out fatty processed foods, then went on holiday, ate all the wrong foods and sorta gave up! I still have about another 30lb or so to go so a friend pointed me to MFP and after a week Ive lost 3 lb so am feeling back on track again. It'd be great to have a few motivating friends to help me along this journey so am glad to have found you all.
  • kaizo
    kaizo Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join! Not sure what i have to do tho? I'm Sarah, i'm 29, married stay at home mum to a 3 year told and a 1 year old. I've lost just over 50lbs so far and have at least another stone to go! Looking forward to bein part of team UK!
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Trish, 36 years old and been on MFP for 10 weeks. I've lost 7kg so far and hope to reach my first goal by December. I have a lot of heft to shift! My ultimate goal is to be healthy (I've had some health complications over the last few years) but am hoping that getting healthy will get me pregnant. 12 years TTC is starting to wear thin :laugh:
  • ecoyle
    Options
    hi

I'm Emma I am 27 years old from Scotland i am a stay at home mum to a 2 year old. i just started using MFP 16 days ago before then i didn't really do exercise apart from swimming and walking but have started doing the C25K and 30 day shred and also a bit of the wii fit. I would just like to lose a few pounds and get back to my pre-pregnancy size lose the pouch hehe

i would love to join your group and make more friends :)
  • crux
    crux Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I’m Chris, 38 married with a 13 year old daughter. I used MFP to get back into shape over the past few years following quitting smoking.

Now my goals revolve around lowering BF%, gaining some more muscle and racing endurance events. Those different goals are not natural bed fellows, so diet is ever important and MFP helps me keep on track.

In the past week I just really started using the social side of this site for the first time. Went for almost 18 months without ever looking into friends and the support they bring. I’m still finding new parts of MFP that I never knew about after adding some friends this week.
  • Monkeylost
    Monkeylost Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi ya, I'm Melly been on on MFP for just under 3 months I'm defo in.

I've gained weight over the last 5 years as I've had a two hip replacements, I've been on crutches all that time and unable to exercise I'm 38 and at the point where I've had enough of my crutches and have decided that the weigh has got to go! I've lost 21lb so far and want to loose another 30 at least.

Anyone feel free to add me, most of my pals are in America and are not online when I am. I spend the first 40 minutes of each morning having a catch up with them. They have all been amazing inspiration but I do need friends in my time zone too. Xxxx
  • moonlightuk
    moonlightuk Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, count me in please.
    I'm 48, have 4 children...well they are growing up quick and youngest is 14, also have a 2 year old grandson. The last couple of years I have got that dreaded middle age spread...and ALL of it seems to have gone on my middle :(. Have been doing this for 3 weeks now and have started swimming every day and going to the gym 2 or 3 times a week. Will be great to have people in the same time zone to talk to. Look forward to getting to know you all, please feel free to add me as a friend, Susan
  • SuperScrabbleGirl
    SuperScrabbleGirl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Yes! UK PEOPLE!

I've just hit 30 pounds, I've got another 70 to go but I'm very positive about my weight loss this time.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    What does the team do? Is it just add everyone as friends and they say well done everytime someone logs something?
  • IronSmasher
    Options
    Actually, I've just been quoted £468 for my MOT, I probably shouldn't be playing with others...
  • julie4760
    Options
    I'm a mom of 4 living in the West Midlands and I work nights as a senior carer in an EMI unit. Gave up smoking years ago and ever since my weight has gone up every year and my poor old bones are objecting so time to make changes permanent now before it's too late. Feel free to add me, I sure could do with some support.I do log in daily and I try my best to get through everyone, my aim hopefully to make a difference, good luck everyone x
  • evelyngrice
    evelyngrice Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'm in :)

My name is Evelyn & I am nearly 20, living in London with my best friend. Studying at University, and loving every minute of it!

I am currently 185llbs but want to get down to maybe 160llbs, if I can get lower then that would be brilliant of course.
    My first weigh in is on Friday, and I am really excited about it!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Actually, I've just been quoted £468 for my MOT, I probably shouldn't be playing with others...

Oh my god! What is wrong with your car????
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Wow Laura, 4 boys! You must have your hands full :)

Well done with your work so far!

I do and thank you.
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options

lol, thats the point where I scrapped mine...and bought a new used one:sad:
  • IronSmasher
    Options
    I've put 80000 miles on it, and apart from two suspension coils, I've only bought consumables for it so far, so I guess I shouldn't grumble.