What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,619 Member
    Options
    We cooked at home one of our standard meals. Salad with homemade salt beef and blueberries followed by linguine with homemade pesto.
    3f69epzivl63.jpeg
    m95sqrpds6ze.jpeg
  • janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    rpeyb6q3dlnx.jpeg
    Rice, carrots, steak, celery and hummus, watermelon. The watermelon is from my CSA and so good!
  • acpgee
    Options
    Green salad with salt beef, blueberries and peach followed by spaghetti alla vodka with sauce pulled out of the freezer.
    93hoqe7t0joy.jpeg
    d7kyzsx2q839.jpeg
  • takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    From a couple days ago... Sheet Pan Chicken with Jammy Tomatoes and Pancetta by my favorite recipe magician, Melissa Clark. The tomatoes are to die for! (I used bacon instead of pancetta.)

I also had roasted cauliflower, but that took a bit longer to finish roasting so I ate the chicken first and didn't think anyone here needed to see a photo of just roasted cauliflower haha

pgpofkcwrir7.jpg
    2rq087mxizp2.jpg
  • takinitalloff
    Options
    White Beans with Celery -- this was underwhelming, I was surprised because NYT recipes typically come out great every time. I added some smoked paprika, olive oil, and nutritional yeast and that made the soup edible, but I would not recommend this recipe. I mean, look at it :D

i8x7eznbq4jd.jpg
  • takinitalloff
    edited August 2023
    Options
    A quick snack: arugula (rocket) with smoked trout, almonds, olive oil, mayo. Not particularly pretty to look at, but it tasted good and got the job done (I needed a bit of fat & protein to finish out my day).
    1flzufwxenjf.jpg
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    A quick snack: arugula (rocket) with smoked trout, almonds, olive oil, mayo. Not particularly pretty to look at, but it tasted good and got the job done (I needed a bit of fat & protein to finish out my day).
    1flzufwxenjf.jpg

@takinitalloff
    Smoked trout - often overlooked but super tasty! Nice!

ddsb1111 wrote: »
    My husband made steak, roasted tomatoes on the vine, zucchini, and mushrooms & onion. The portions were over the top but he did an excellent job.

sc28j35tdh38.jpeg
    I’m so impressed by all the gorgeous dishes posted.

@ddsb1111 - that looks delicious. We may have the same marble table too. Haha

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    Piccalilli Spiced Rice & Tomato Curry. Both from my newest recipe book, which I am somewhat obsessed with! 😂

Book is “East” by Meera Sodha.

tkyai185cxns.jpeg
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    for those of you who cook chicken breast...how do you get them tender? I've cooked them several ways & about ready to give up on them
  • acpgee
    Options
    Takeaway sushi, miso soup made at home, and some prawn crackers sold for home cooking from the asian grocer, puffed up in the microwave for a minute.
    ha2otpg5e0l4.jpeg
  • janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 435 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Evamutt wrote: »
    for those of you who cook chicken breast...how do you get them tender? I've cooked them several ways & about ready to give up on them

I found poaching keeps them tender but it doesn’t t do much for flavor. These days I poach and shred and then throw it in salads or sandwiches for lunch. For dinner I just cook it and eat it then since it doesn’t reheat well.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,771 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Evamutt wrote: »
    Any chicken recipes I make in my crock pot always turn out tender. And when I pan fry chicken tenders, I always use a thermometer and remove them from the pan at exactly 165°.