What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,619 Member
    Options
    Chicken thigh anticuchos and corn cooked in the air fryer. We didn't have much of the rice, made because the hubby was not sure he would like the corn.
    ysps374xogf4.jpeg
  • Karliemyalgia
    Karliemyalgia Posts: 146 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Evamutt wrote: »
    Thank you for your replies, I will try those. forgot to mention the only way it's tender for me is pounding it thin, breading & frying it, but was hoping for non fry. I'll try yours too @acpgee & didn't know that about garlic

Hi there, for my tender chicken breast/strips/nuggets - I air fry them at 390 for 15 minutes, flipping halfway through. I always check with the thermometer sometimes a larger nugget may need more time so you gotta make sure it's 165 internal temp. But that makes for juicy chicken every time !

I usually take my chicken breasts and instead of pounding it, I slice it horizontally in the middle to make two thinner pieces. Not only is it thinner the way pounding it would be, but it is less grams of chicken per serving that way and it makes for quicker cook time. Overcooking chicken results in dry insides.

If you're cooking it somewhere other than the air fryer my only suggestion would be to pay attention to the internal temperatures, going with strict "cook for 20 mins, cook for 40mins" whatever the recipe calls without actually checking the internal temperatures could be leading you astray into overcooking chicken since it's a big deal you can get sick eating it undercooked vs eating undercooked beef - but I used to overcook my chicken all the time and now it's super juicy. If you don't have an air fryer I highly recommend one.

And if baking in the oven without breading I think I would try to cover it to avoid the outside becoming harder/rubbery. But if you're cooking to 165 without going much over then you probably don't need to worry much about it the outside should theoretically be soft too.

Happy eating!
  • acpgee
    Options
    Hubby made a salad of roast paprika and tomato with mozarella. Followed by linguine with pesto.
    nrrmfucqkad0.jpeg
    saed8gek1qgr.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Options
    We ate at the pan-Asian restaurant downstairs because we in a hurry to get to an open air theatre performance that we ended up skipping anyway.
    d0kholaqxgr0.jpeg
    uxoqo1jioqgy.jpeg
    zaxuzovnbh9o.jpeg
    76mav4xylad7.jpeg

• takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 1,805 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    I made spiedies... that is, I made the meat that goes into the spiedie sandwich. I ate the meat with oven-roasted zucchini and some Turkish red pepper sauce (by which I mean, Turkish red pepper paste... but I left out the bread that the recipe calls for, so it was more saucy than normal). I wouldn't make the spiedies again, because I think there are far better ways to marinate & cook meat. But the red pepper sauce is amazing.

Then I used some leftover red pepper sauce and the last of my Pecorino Romano as a dressing for tomato & arugula. Yum. Maybe I should have taken the photo before I covered everything in cheese :D

6wgtick2nlk2.jpg
    owzf0l7y975m.jpg
  • takinitalloff
    Options
    I'm continuing my quest to eat as many amazing summer tomatoes as possible :D so I tried this recipe for grilled flatiron steak with toasted spice vinaigrette. Not bad, but honestly the tomatoes and steak did not enhance each other and were in fact better eaten separately. So this recipe is not a keeper either.

l4p3pzbe7ixg.jpg
  • takinitalloff
    Options
    ... and here's a snack: 2 Tbsp peanut butter, a couple small pieces of 100% dark chocolate, and a taste of banana. 50momkipk2ze.jpg
  • acpgee
    Options
    Dinner party at my place. The same friends came over who visited the Nikkei restaurant with us a couple of weeks ago and we tried to re-create some of the flavours. Lamb shank with anticucho sauce to start. Main of salmon/avocado and california maki rolls with sides of wakame salad and edamame pods. Dessert of low fat pavlova made with yoghurt instead of whipped cream.
    fmw9ufnx185u.jpeg
    2vgpxtq7f99n.jpeg
    1ixuksjkueuq.jpeg

• MacLowCarbing
    MacLowCarbing Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    3sn1wqlwuahl.jpg

lol I'm doing the 72 hour sardine challenge :D
  • acpgee
    Options
    Leftover maki for breakfast. I wish I had taken them out of the fridge earlier, as they were too cold.
    a26er64ii7oz.jpeg