What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    ddsb1111 wrote: »
    I volunteer as a Big Sis for 2 AMAZING boys, ages 10 & 14. They come over 2 days a week now and I’ve been thinking about how I can make dinners feel special and memorable and hopefully it will be something they’ll add to their lives when they get older. The tricky part is, my husband was the cook in the family so I figured, why can’t we learn together? I’ve been with them for about 7 months and they were incredibly picky eaters. They would only eat McDonalds, but would then dissect the burger and eat the pieces separately. Now, everything we bring to the table they’re SO EXCITED to try and never ask what the meal is beforehand. I’m just amazed by them and their resilience. Today we made home made bread and even though it will be in the fridge for 12-24 hours I wanted to share anyway. Here’s a pic after it’s been on the counter for 3 hours. And another pic of what we’re going for. I’ll post some more meals as we make them. Thanks for letting me share, it’s making my heart so full.
    tjl74amxlekr.jpeg
    2j9z0w5n01d5.jpeg

Wow, that bread looks so good !!!
  • ddsb1111
    ddsb1111 Posts: 739 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Wow, that bread looks so good !!!

That’s what we’re going for! 🤞🏻
  • janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    o5qtpd12pn3x.jpeg
    Garlic toast and some pasta salad to use up some veg I had hanging around in the fridge.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,619 Member
    Options
    On the other hand, dinner at mom's retirement home was gross. I only ate coleslaw and the dessert of fruit salad. The fish and chips had been clearly deep fried at the start of the dinner service and then held under a salamander for 45 minutes, when we turned up.
    7ybonx1m4imk.jpeg
    5ovuuweg8rrh.jpeg