SEPTEMBER 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,024 Member
    Options
    @Scott6255 I don't blame you for cutting it "short" today. Those temps are horrible.

Great running @SummerSkier ! Where does your friend live that she had temps in the 50's today?
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    September 1: Walk 2.50 miles - treadmill wun
    September 2: Walk 2.00 miles - treadmill - weed eat for almost 2 hours
    September 3: Walk 2.00 miles - treadmill
    September 4: Walk 2.14 miles - Ran 1.86 miles - driveway laps and to mom's -D1W1 HM training
    September 5: Walk 1.14 miles - Ran 1.76 miles - driveway laps - D2W1 HM Plan - mowed mom's lawn
    September 6: Walk 1.10 miles - Ran 2.25 miles - treadmill - D3W1 HM Plan
    September 7: Walk 2.00 miles - treadmill D4W1 HM Plan
    September 8: Walk 0.04 miles - Run 2.10 miles - Driveway laps - D5W1Cross training + other stuff
    September 9: Walk 1.00 miles - Run 5.00 miles - treadmill - D6W1 Long Run - 6 miles
    September 10: Walk 1.00 miles - driveway laps D7W1 - Rest day
    September 11: Walk 1.00 miles - Run 2.25 miles - Fast Finish - W2D1 - also 1h17m of league tennis
    September 12: Walk 0.74 miles - Run 1.51 miles - Foundation Run W2D2
    September 13: Walk 1.00 miles - Run 2.25 miles - Speed Play Run W2D3
    September 14: Walk 1.00 miles - Tennis for 1h56m39s - W2D4 - Cross train
    September 15: Walk 2.00 miles - actually a wun keeping HR under 120 - called it cross training W2D5
    September 16: Walk 2.50 miles - singles tennis for 1h49m59s - supposed to be long run - fail W2D6
    September 17: Walk 3.00 miles - treadmill - rest day W2D7
    September 18: Walk 1.26 miles - Run 1.84 miles - W3D1 Fast Finish plus almost 1.5 hours tennis
    September 19: Walk 1.15 miles - Run 1.85 miles - W3D2 Foundation run - plus mowed mom's lawn
    September 20: Walk 1.00 mile - treadmill after church
    September 21: Walk 1.00 mile - Run 2.25 miles - Driveway Speed Play Run
    September 22: Walk 2.25 miles - Actually a driveway Wun (cross training)
    September 23: Walk 2.75 miles - Ran 2.25 miles - driveway and road - scheduled long run (fail!) +stroll

63.10/80 mile goal

Looks like I haven't posted my activity since Tuesday.

Wed I worked and ran some errands, so didn't get a chance to do anything until after church, so I just walked one mile on the treadmill.

Thursday, I did my scheduled Speed Play run on the driveway. The "speed" play was 5 x (1/2 min in Zones 5 and 1). I was pleased that the speed minutes averaged 10:29 min/mile....all were pretty much the same - even the one that was mostly up hill!

Yesterday I did health screenings (took blood pressures) at another school. I was tired when I got home - hadn't slept well for a couple of nights. So, after a nap, I did a wun on the driveway. I called that cross training, which is allowed on the plan.

Today didn't go as planned, but turned out okay in the end. I had sold my neighbor my old DR Field and Brush Mower. It's a walk behind, self propelled machine. I "walked" it over to his house this morning. I counted that as "mowing" so I could count the 0.73 miles as part of my run the year total, but it wasn't fast enough to count for my monthly total here. The DR top speed is apparently 2.7 mph. LOL

Afterwards, the neighbor and I went down and helped mom dig around a leaking frost free faucet in her yard. I think we found the issue and will get it fixed next week.

I was tired and in a mood when I got home, so rested a bit and then went out for a Foundation type run on the driveway. Today was supposed to be a 6 mile Long Run. I just didn't have it in me to even try. I walked a total of 1.25 miles for warm up and cool down and ran 2.25 miles. I tried to keep my HR under 140 bpm, but even with a lot of walking the avg was 137 with a max of 150 bpm.

Later, the same neighbor asked me over to try out some Brie chees he bought. I decided to walk over, to get some extra miles in. Walking over and back was 1.50 miles and I did it at 3.7 mph, so counts! LOL

Counting everything, my day total was 5.73 miles. That's pretty close to the 6 I was supposed to run.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,857 Member
    Options
    @Scott6255 that storm yesterday was FRIGGIN crazy. It skirted just about a mile east of my house but it was HUGE and there were reports of tennis ball size hail. The winds straight line from it were outrageous also. I feel blessed not to have gotten the hail. And in other wierd stuff half of my neighborhood lost there power but only half of it. So lights work but not AC. Lived here 30 plus years and have never had a brown outage like that. Usually it ALL or nothing. I lost power for a few minutes but got it back also.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Great running @tarun_yadavA . Had to laugh at the description of the body part you want to reduce. :wink: Aren't you glad you found this group a year ago?! I know we are glad you did. I hope you enjoy your trip to India.

@polskagirl01 I hope you start feeling better soon. A bad cold on top of everything else is tough.

Great running and congrats on meeting your goal already @Laurz9191 .

Great running @martaindale .

Oh no @Scott6255 ! That sounds painful.

That is very odd @SummerSkier about the power. Anyway, I'm glad the heart of the storm missed you.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,095 Member
    Options
    Sept total: 78.5/100 miles

9/2: 8 miles
    9/4: 4.3 miles
    9/5: 3 miles
    9/6: 3.9 miles
    9/8: 3 miles
    9/9: 13.1 miles
    9/12: 3 miles
    9/15: 5.2 miles
    9/16: 6.5 miles
    9/18: 5 miles
    9/19: 6.1 miles
    9/20: 5 miles
    9/22: 3 miles
    9/24: 6.5 miles
    9/25: 2.9 miles

It was too gross this morning so I did a treadmill run (ifit - beach in Portugal). The best thing about the treadmill is how much easier it is for me to slow down. When combined with the a/c, it makes for a true recovery run.