Friends & Weight Loss

Options
Hey there!

I'm Lyuba, and I'm excited to join this community. I’m 33 years old, a mom and have a goal to lose 15-20 lbs. I’m 5’1 and feel like if I so much as look at food I gain weight. 😂 I’ve finally been able to get a good workout and running/walking routine started and figured this would be the perfect way to add to this.

I'm looking for friends and accountability partners to add so we can share our challenges, and experiences to keep each other motivated and accountable. 💪

I'm open to any tips, suggestions, or advice that you may have to offer. Whether it's sharing healthy recipes, recommending effective workout routines, or simply lending an ear during tough times. 🤍

Let's motivate each other and make this journey a success together! 🌟

Replies

• Nova
    Nova Posts: 9,988 MFP Staff
    Options
    Hi, welcome to the community!!

There are some great threads created by our members, stickied to the top of each category that may be helpful. Just look for "Most Helpful Posts - whatever the category name is"

For example:
    Here are some frequently asked questions that may be helpful too: FAQ's

Another option is that you can join any groups that may be interesting or relevant: MyFitnessPal Groups
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hello! I’m here every day. Feel free to add me if you’re still looking to add to your friend list. x
  • paulgancasz
    paulgancasz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m just starting back on this and I would luv some friends and support
  • RunPuddles
    RunPuddles Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m also a mom and a runner! I’d love to be friends and help motivate each other!
  • Lillith2019
    Lillith2019 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey! I have been using this app for 4 years now. I just never post. I’m a runner and lifter. Feel free to add me. More support is always welcome.
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can do this!!! :)
  • evileyefirefly
    evileyefirefly Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I'm also looking for more friends to assist in keeping me accountable. Feel free to add me.
  • Frens0614
    Frens0614 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Me too please! 3 months postpartum, runner. I’m 35 and the heaviest I’ve ever been. Can’t seem to shed the baby weight, and 90% is because I can’t stop eating. Would love a friend to work with to motivate each other
  • Jared62170
    Jared62170 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello Lyuba,

We can help you to calculate your BMR and your TDEE to get a good amount of calories in order to be able to keep it in the long term.
    I've got your age, I've got your height, but I'm missing your current weight in order to do the calculation.

This journey will be a success.