Loserville Challenge 3 (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Heads up for those of us ahead in time. What are the exercise challenges for this next week? I may have to go into the city again and want to be prepared.
    Todays prayer please let the scales be nice to me tomorrow. (not feeling it though)
  • rachypompa
    rachypompa Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    How about these ... we did these the other week ...

Exercise challenges for the week ... one per day with one rest day, though feel free to do them all on one day and then chill out if you like!! LOL!

1. 50 jumping jacks & 20 windscreen wipers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omeqA3O4DUk)
    2. 20 burpies & 25 tricep dips
    3. 30 kick squats & 30 push ups (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo)
    4. 30 ab crunches & 30 jumping twists
    5. 50 high knees & 30 chest flys on the floor (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v0KAd8U9ZY)
    6. Walk/ run/ jog a mile that you wouldn't normally have & 50 toe touches (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBOlJfUhjuU) & 2 sets 21s (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXc98BhRSyQ&feature=related)

Can't wait to have to drink my water and stay under my calories, I've had such a poor week this week. Weighed in for the start of bootcamp this morning and I was 3kg up from the end of last bootcamp ... which is 2kg up from last week ..... eeeeeek.
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Sounds good to me, Rach. No actually sound hard but that's good. Not looking forward to weigh in tomorrow I know I have worked hard but I am not feeling it. Week before TOM and for me that is when I put on but you would think that with all the hardwork there should still be a loss. Oh well guess in about 8 hours I will know how I went.

Rach I admire you for doing boot camp. And now that the weather is nicer I'm sure you will drop that weight quickly.
  • FizzingWhizbee
    FizzingWhizbee Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Can't wait until Monday to get back with the weekly challenge. I've hated it this week. Not doing anything has made me feel really down this week (which is something I never thought I'd hear myself say) so I'm really looking forward to it.

Jen - Keeping my fingers crossed for you. TOM is a right bugger.
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    200gram loss. woohoo. I am being sacastic. :angry: :grumble: :ohwell:

Honestly I worked harder than that and I know its a loss and a loss is good but I want to have a whinge. I know its probably due to TOM's distant arrival. But I was working so hard to see a big loss. Hopefully I will see the results of my effort after this week. But now another week of working hard begins.

I don't know about anyone else but I like a bit of healthy competition. I love the spreadsheets and would like to see them used by us all more regularly. I know myself was not able to enter till I got home friday night. But it would spur me on to try harder if I could see what others were doing. So I would like to suggest that we daily enter at least on our home page and maybe even here. I'm sure if I saw that Claire had done her push ups and kick squats for example, it would give me the push I might need that day to do them. Or if Beccy tried a new exercise and put it in, it would help us all try and maybe by even sharing the idea would help each other. After all this is about weight loss, good health, motivating and helping each other. So losers lets get our act together and do it. If you can't do any exercise that day maybe log a nutrition tip or reminder to help us all.

Its time Losers to clean up our Village and get it working for us.

PS, One of our residents Hanna is still missing. Anyone have any news on her where abouts?
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Copy of letter sent to Hanna.

Dear Hanna,
    As Mayor of Loserville (self elected and decided it just now) it has been noted that your absence has been far to long. You are respectfully invited to come back to Loserville immediately. This village relies on us all pulling our weight (no pun intended). This village aims to win 'Best Village of the Year'. Ok so there is no other village competing that I know of it, but that doesn't matter.
    We must win and need you to help us. Village of the Year is not only determined by most weight loss, but the village that was there for each other, that learns the most, that is caring and creative.
    We the Losers of Loserville await your arrival. The Town Band is rehearsing for your Parade.
    Yours respectfully and missing you heaps.
    The Mayor
    jellyfishjen or maybe now known as goingnutsjen
  • rachypompa
    Options
    Wooohooo!

Thank you mayor, that sounds marvelous!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aq0fwi7BJUivdERVU0V6OWVnUWpMZVdwenhya1NxekE&hl=en_US#gid=3

I've filled in our names for this weeks challenge, I've done the order that we posted on this page, so this weeks teams are ...

Tami and Nicki
    Jen and Coutrtney
    Me and Claire
    Becky and Hanna

If Hanna doesn't come back in time then we'll link Becky into another pair ... for bonus points!

So remember ...

5 points for being under or within 50 of your calorie goal
    5 points for drinking enough water, you just fill in your point and your partner's points will be updated automatically.
    1 point for trying out an exercise you haven't done before or for a while
    calories burned/ 500 = points
    % weight loss x 2 = points

3 points for each of the 6 daily challenges that you do ...

1. 50 jumping jacks & 20 windscreen wipers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omeqA3O4DUk)
    2. 20 burpies & 25 tricep dips
    3. 30 kick squats & 30 push ups (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo)
    4. 30 ab crunches & 30 jumping twists
    5. 50 high knees & 30 chest flys on the floor (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v0KAd8U9ZY)
    6. Walk/ run/ jog a mile that you wouldn't normally have & 50 toe touches (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBOlJfUhjuU) & 2 sets 21s (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXc98BhRSyQ&feature=related)

Week 1 winner was Nicki! Whoop whoop ...

Week 2 winner is Jenn ... by miles! LOL!
  • chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Super! Looking forward to the challenge again - coughing like a trooper but will still get to the gym this week as well as my 2 classes...

Hello new team mate Rach! *waves*
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Umm well after after such warm beautiful weather to cold and wet and dreary and then the unexpected visit of nephew and his girlfriend. I cooked a feast for lunch, and pikelets with jam and cream for afternoon tea. And yes I ate up. so I think I have already gained the measley 200 gms I lost.

Courtney, you and I are going to rock this challenge. We need a team name. How about "AwesomeTwo" or "Better then Ever" or "Try and Keep Up"
  • FizzingWhizbee
    FizzingWhizbee Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Are you ready to kick some *kitten* Tami? Can't wait to start tomorrow.
  • rachypompa
    Options
    Well I'd be over the moon with a 200g loss Jenn! I've gained 2.5kg!?! I'm sure that can't be quite right, I have had a bad week eating wise but I think TOM has played a part in that gain too.

I've had a few Eureka moments this week .... I felt slow and heavy running on Saturday, and as I struggled along I thought, this is NOT how I want to feel! I want to feel sprightly and energetic, and eating properly does make me feel that way! My trousers are starting to feel a bit tight, and I thought I've not come all this way just to go back to where I started from ... so ... here we go! Consistency is the key, I know if I'm consistent I will lose weight ...

*waves* at team mate Claire! Woohooo! I am going to eat sensibly and exercise hard out ... not just for this week, but I'll start with this week!
  • chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Well TOM is here in force and I feel AWFUL! Have a hideous dry tickly cough and a banging headache... Will def be under cals today as I feel really sick! :sick: :cry:

Will do my best to get to the gym this morning Rach.. Don't want to let my teammate down on the first day!!!:ohwell:
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    Rach i woudl liek to suggst you link Becci with Jenni. My cruise vacation begins on Thursday and I won't be back until Monday. I will kick som butt unti then though.

Jenni - I like Try and keep up! but as stated above i will be out Thursday- Sunday. I will do my best for you until then.

I had a wondeful weekend preparing for my cruise and cleaning my house. The house is really begining to look the way i want it too and that makes me so happy.

I hope everyone has a great week!
  • rachypompa
    Options
    Done - I've made Courtney, Becky and Jenn a three way team
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    I am so ready to kick some *kitten*!! And I lost 10.4 pounds since last Monday....so I am ready to keep that going!!!!
  • fuhrmeister
    Options
    Rach - thanks for making the change. it's much more fair for Jenni and Becci

Tami - great job. Glad to see you back in the game.

I'm over half way done with all my exercise challenges. :) Got to get them in before the cruise eating.

Have a great evening ladies!
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Nicki I am so sorry -- didn't see the exercise challenge so I messed that one up for Monday! I will do better the rest of the week :flowerforyou:

TOM hit hard today after being 9 days late....I think it is making up for lost time, cramps are horrible. Hoping exercise tomorrow will help with it. Guess we'll see.

Other than that today has been a good day....off to read for a while then going to bed....talk to ya all tomorrow.
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Hi All. Quick hello while at internet cafe with daughter as she types up her CV. Needs work. They have just cut her hours from 48 hrs a fortnight to 28 hours a fortnight. Thats the problem with casual work. Doesn't pay the rent. So she is in a bit of a panic, mind you she has already been offered work by one of the promo companies she use to work for. Good money but not always nicest work. Odd hours like 10pm to 3am promoting alcohol brands in bars etc. All though they also get some day work at home expo's etc.
    I am also not happy with the company as I have been asking for extra shifts and instead they have just put on another girl ( a friend of the boss) and of course gave her the best shifts. Its confusing but where Samaras hours were cut is in a differrent area, they have decided no one needs to do that job. Her stupid supervisor filled in her hours while she did the movie rather then get someone in to do them. So now they feel the supervisor can do it all the time.

Anyway trying hard not to emotional eat. Samara and i got up early this morning and went for a C25K walk/run. Silly me put on the chest strap, watch etc and away I went, forgot to clip monitor to chest strap. So am using a previous c25k atttempt. This is the first time I have done it outside not on the treadmill. So that's a first for me. We also walked to the park first and home again. Trying to exercise out our frustrration.

Tami you are doing very well.

Courtney enjoy your cruise. Have never been on a cruise.

Becky, I will do my best not to over eat and give into the stress this week.

I really would like to just crawl up a log and hide. (Is this an aussie saying, I think).

Ugh, hope i see light at the end of the tunnel soon.

:yawn:
  • rachypompa
    Options
    Awww Jenn big super huge hugs coming at you guys. Don't you just hate poor management, such a pain in the bum, anyway sounds to me like you'd both be more appreciated elsewhere. Never heard of crawl up a log and hide, but don't, you need to go get 'em girl!

Tami, you can catch up with the daily challenges, the idea is that it's one per day, but you can do all 6 on one day if you so wish.

I've just done lots of jumping jacks to get me back to within 50 cals of my goal. I had a chocolate brownie at the cafe today and that put me over. It's been a while since I have made up for my overeating, for weeks now I've been 'giving up' when I went over and going even more over, so that shows that I'm getting my head in the right space again. PHEWEEE!

Another good day under my belt, thats two in a row ... YES!
  • fuhrmeister
    Options
    Jenni - sorry you and your daughter are stressing. i wish her lots of luck. And when you want to eat somthign bad stop adn ask yourself if it's really worth it.

Also, This will be my second cruise. I got sick on teh last one so i was quarentine snad given a credit. We're hoping this one will go better. It looks like we will get a lot of rain though.

Rach - good for you not giving up. You can do this. Day 3 of beign good will be today :)