WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2023

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,127 Member
    Options
    Joy1580vb wrote: »
    Good evening ladies.

Had a dental appointment this morning. Just a cleaning and checkup with no issues so happy about that. Did chicken drumsticks in the air fryer for supper today and they were so good. I don’t use my air fryer very often but think I’m going to start. Storing it in my kitchen pantry now so will be easy to get at.

Allie so sorry to read about the scammer. So easy to fall for this stuff and very time consuming to get everything resolved. I don’t answer the phone unless I know the person calling. Have an answering machine and if someone leaves a message I’ll decide if I call back. We get a lot of nonsense phone calls.

Joy

Yes, I get 3 or 4 calls a day that are well worth ignoring.

And about 1 call a week that I will ring back because it is something I am expecting.

In the old days of rotary dial phones, we answered everything! Now we ignore everything.

M in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,787 Member
    Options
    Will have to talk to the cardiologist when I see him in February about the Watchman if it means getting off eliquis im all for it..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,675 Member
    Options
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,127 Member
    Options
    World Mental Health Day ...

tououjt01uxl.png
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,879 Member
    Options
    <3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,514 Member
    Options
    Today’s gratitude: while I’m frustrated to be bouncing around in the 130s again, I’m grateful it’s not the 140s that it was for decades. Woke up this morning to warm house thanks to the fire Joe started in the woodstove. We’ve already had two power glitches so really thankful for consistently warm and dry shelter.
    Lisa, caught myself giving my friend T some unsolicited advice about treating her “cold”. Backpedaled, apologized for being so bossy and asked for forgiveness. Baby steps.
    Betsy prayers for your sister and you continue.
    Rita brava for trying new calming actions.
    Heather ‘spider therapy’ [shudder]. Thanks for the Penny update.
    Tracey thanks for explaining about the hospitals and when they have to shut down their ERs. Do the doctors have waiting lists for new patients? :love: your Thanksgiving pic. Yes, Mama used to put butter on burns and gave hot salt water to gargle for sore throats. Ginger ale and heating pads for upset stomachs. Pepto for the poops. Vinegar on sunburns. Baking soda on insect bites. Iodine on cuts. Cool dishrag on the back of the neck for nausea. Our kitchen was a regular medicine chest.
    Lanette that “studies show…” meme made me laugh so loud I woke Joe! Thanks!
    Machka raw local honey at our farmers’ market cost $18/pint the last time I bought, could be more this season.
    Barbie warm birthday wishes to Jake. “our friendship means so much to me. I read everything you write and think about it during the day.” Ditto.
    Kylia “choosing bed over desserts,” Well done. Time for me to follow your lead.
    10/10: Move: 2 sets PT w/d, chair yoga, Jeopardy walking. Steps:6948
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=5 CI<CO net=268 vits=1
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, Post Office, two loads laundry. Wt:132.7

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    October: Move more: chair yoga, line dance, dailyish PT, play with dogs.
    Fuel better: less sugar, dailyish vitamins.
    Live NOW: dailyish time with Joe, readings. Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2023: Be of good cheer.
  • CarolGaGal
    CarolGaGal Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    :)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,787 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    I woke up this morning not tired..hallelujah
    And I lost a little bit of weight
    Barbie- please give Jake my very best Birthday wishes..
    Poor Tracy and Miles
    Tracy hasn't gotten sleep in 2 nights Miles was up last coughing she thinks it could be croup,well daycare can do that.. so she is home with him today. Keep them in your thoughts
    Off to the Nephrologist this afternoon,and over to get Homer out this morning.
    Looks like our Canadian friends enjoyed there Thanksgiving..
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,616 Member
    Options
    Thank you Ginny 😊
    Machka Love your honey pictures. I definitely taste the differences in my early or late year honeys that I purchase. I just bought 5 three pound jars ( sold by weight looks like a quart) They are $30 each. I go through one about a month. Cheaper than antihistamines. My house is cold for the honey though so it does tend to crystallize quickly. I try to plant for the health of bees. They ate hard workers.

Here's to a better day mentally and physically for all!

❤️
    Kylia in cold but sunny Ohio

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,675 Member
    Options
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    This meme made me smile as I sipped my coffee today. Thanks, Lisa.

I'm slowly catching up with all of your wonderful posts. Meanwhile all is good here. Enjoying being outside with Mars the Leash Loving Cat during these spectacular fall days. Hugs to you all. Time to visit the gym.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills
    Hello, my chickens,

Moving that out opened up quite a bit of room in storage, so I should be able to get the shelf units in there one by one and get them assembled and then filled. I'll need Corey's help on some of it that's just too heavy for me to shift, so as usual, I'll be winging it, figuring it out as I go along... More than one thing may go out to my trunk and off to the Goodwill.
    hotugb2uatg5.gif