What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    @BarbaraHelen2013 What a gorgeous salad 🤩 I said ooooh out loud when that picture loaded.

Everyone else's food looks yummy too.

@MacLowCarbing Next time an egg doesn't comply, decapitate it and then scoop it out with a spoon :)
  • MacLowCarbing
    MacLowCarbing Posts: 350 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    @BarbaraHelen2013 wow, such a beautiful looking feast!

I'm on one of my sardine fasts this weekend; woke up last 3 days with arthritis/back pain getting worse and worse each day. This morning I had to take some prescription-strength NAISDS so I figured it was a good time to do a sardine fast & get the inflammation under control.

I'll spare you the pictures of tiny canned fish fried in coconut oil.
  • janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    rq1vuc75uphm.jpeg
    Cleaning out my fridge this morning and stopped for a snack: bell pepper w cream cheese and za’atar (my current food obsession), and some sausage.
  • janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    9vl74q1jrgyu.jpeg
    Chicken Caesar salad from work the other day. Can’t resist
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,619 Member
    Options
    I forgot to post lunch.
    gt28ojcs24gw.jpeg
  • takinitalloff
    edited October 2023
    Options
    ... Now this, on the other hand! Another recipe by Rachael Ray: Braciole with mushroom-tomato gravy. Finger-licking good. I used cream cheese instead of bread & milk to keep the carbs down, and omitted the flour. The side is spinach sautéed in olive oil & garlic. Definitely a keeper, although I have to say this is not a 30-minute recipe (it's from her book 30 Minute Meals 2). @acpgee Nice seeing you enjoying all the good food Italy has to offer! Don't mind me, I'm just over here pretending :D
    ocnlk3qo57pg.jpg
    0pel5mcd0636.jpg
  • takinitalloff
    edited October 2023
    Options
    ... and another one by Rachael Ray: green minestrone. A simple veggie & bean soup, easy to make and real comfort food for these cooler days. This is my bean dish for the week (meal prep for the win!). I left out the pancetta/prosciutto (not needed) and the pasta.
    n15wq78gvi6q.jpg
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,219 Member
    Options
    Poached salmon with Dijon-dill sauce (recipe by Rachael Ray). I threw together some romaine + red bell pepper + cucumber as a side, instead of the bread & potato sides the recipe calls for.

All that fancy poaching in wine and herbs didn't yield much flavor, and then the sauce/dip? overpowered it all anyway. A waste of good ingredients if you ask me, and too much clean-up when I could have just made a plain salmon to eat with the sauce (which I do like). So I'm going to keep the sauce recipe, but the fish was not worth the effort.
    8sl91q6pqbed.jpg

A simple dish of salmon poached in wine can be fantastic. Did you use farmed Atlantic salmon? That might explain the lack of flavor. I limit how much salmon I eat these days because their populations are imperiled, and I never eat farmed salmon. When I do eat salmon, I eat wild Sockeye, Coho (Silver), or Chinook (King) salmon. Note that in this context "wild" fish are wild CAUGHT at sea, but they may still be hatchery fish. They just aren't raised on a fish farm. There are strict limits on recreational or commercial harvest of native (not from a hatchery) salmon and steelhead.

Before they are released from the hatchery, their adipose fin is clipped. A legal fish has to have a healed adipose fin scar.