Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,540 Member
    Options
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    Heather another pretty painting! I like how the yellow accents make it cheerful.

I got the electric bill paid. Yay! And put the whole thing on automatic deduction. Yay! My stress level is recovering. I can do without a lot of things, but I need power and Internet. And Teddy, who was barking at the unseen enemy that had me upset.

Annie in Delaware

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,842 Member
    Options
    I have 3 pictures for the ‘And Today Is:” post. I had to b/c it covered art, cooking, pizza, and eating sour foods! More effective in pictures! Enjoy your day! RVRits
    8jvw3it415cu.jpeg
    pyyvp600iugr.png
    ji33r9b1v7pw.png
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,698 Member
    Options
    Rita-God Bless you
    Annie- you got this..1 day at a time
    Well I got a call from Sean he probably won't be coming to lunch poor guy. With his eye the way it is he is prone to migraines which then makes him feel yucky all over.so I told him to lie down and I bought him thing you keep in the freezer and put over your head and eyes when a migraine comes on.6pcz6w6vzesy.jpg
    This pulls down over his eyes and helps with the migraines
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,336 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Long post in spoiler logging my financial history. Skip if you like, but you can learn a lot about me by reading. Thanks for all your support and empathy. I love you ladies!
    My money management skills were pretty good until my first marriage. All the money I had saved went toward my diamond and wedding rings. Our income was doubled but so were expenses. Two years after marriage, I had had a miscarriage, then a live birth. We waited 4 years while we built a house before having another. We did but the last was a ‘surprise’. I was nursing the youngest at the time and didn’t expect to get pregnant. I just accepted it as Gods will. During this time, the house wasn’t finished as my then DH was doing everything himself. My MDD was born with dislocated hips and was prone to infections, lots of money went to doctors as well as the house. When my last was born, we were still dealing with the MDD’s health issues, then added me having to leave work at 5 months due to sciatica issues that made me fall from sudden pains. Working in a glass plant was dangerous, so falling was much more dangerous. So finances were stretched very quickly during that time. Jump ahead 10 years, we have things caught up, but divorce was happening due to his abuse. We had some money in the saving account, which he promptly took out when he got the papers. He also sold a motorcycle that was mine, he had his Harley, and kept that money too. So I was left with 3 small children a $1000 mortgage, no wood for the wood stove so electric flew up to $600 for one month (this was in mid 1980’s so add in inflation) which all I could not keep up, so fell behind. Started selling what I could. Met my second husband (married 5 years later) who didn’t make as much as my X did, but helped the best he could. I was so far behind at that time (add in lawyer costs, court costs, etc.) there was no catching up. Bankruptcy ensued and we moved to TN. The year of the move, we got married, I lost my job of 22 years due to the company closing, I had tendinitis surgery, and the bankruptcy went through. So moved to TN with no money a DH and 1 child. My oldest was 18 and went off by herself. My MDD chose to live with her dad (that is a whole other story). So I’ll stop there. Long story short, a move back to CT for more money, job loss there to a closing (again!) stuck with 2 houses, couldn’t sell the TN one and bankruptcy once again. Jump ahead once again and took early retirement. Was able to sell the TN house and only broke even. Sold the CT house and made a small profit which paid for the RV and paid off the car loan. Now, we are still playing catch-up from all that mess but treading water. No savings left but all bill accounted for. Not having any housing costs is really helping up get out from under.

RVRita

Rita - can we call you "The Come Back Kid?" Thank you for sharing your story. You show a lot of strength and perseverance that has brought you far. So glad you are with us in this group! <3

Lanette B)
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    for those who are thinking about getting an air fryer, check this one out-
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/bella-pro-series-2-qt-manual-air-fryer-matte-black/6412320.p?skuId=6412320&amp;irclickid=y:aRbIyVBxyPTmGz47wiYyUCUkFT9B29I128T80&amp;irgwc=1&amp;im_rewards=1&amp;ref=198&amp;loc=BeFrugal.com&amp;acampID=0&amp;mpid=33477

Start with a smaller, less expensive one to see if it is something you really will use and upgrade later if you want.
    If you are signed up with BeFrugal and go through their link it is a bit cheaper
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,842 Member
    Options
    🥰❤️
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did the 20-40-60 workout on the treadmill then walked to Food Lion to get potatoes that are on sale for Vince for dinner, the guy who did the trimming of the bushes (I’d told him that for 2 years Vince has been saying “they need to be trimmed”, it never happened just like I predicted) and put down the mulch. Gardeners: Preen is stuff that deters weeds from growing but doesn’t hurt the plants, right? Because one thing I am OCD about is weeds. I see a weed and I have to pull it. So I’d rather put Preen down on the slope where he put down the mulch so weeds don’t grow. Then went to Aldi.

Lisa – love what you’ve done with your craft area.

Pip – you have the same popcorn maker that I have! I’m looking for an airfryer lid (just the lid) for the IP to give Jess for Christmas at a decent price. The only one I can find is on Amazon, and they’re asking $150. For a few more dollars, you can get a new IP. So I’ll just keep looking for one. Every place I’ve found they’re out of stock. Love the color of Lucy’s new collar

Rebecca – poor Athena! That looks nasty. Hope she’s OK, I’m sure she is

Lanette – Bryan just said that Leo eats a lot (like Bryan did) and giggles a lot. I’m hoping that being a parent he now realizes that it’s not a piece of cake. You try your best. I’m not getting my hopes up because like you said, I’ve been disappointed before and I don’t want it to happen again. Denise did text us a picture of PJ in his Spiderman costume. When we were there, he was watching a Spiderman show. Personally, I thought it was too violent for him at that age. But he’s not my child

Kylia – so glad you found those keys

Margaret – regarding your friend who needs to drink water: I find that if I eat something like popcorn or a protein pancake or dried chickpeas, that makes me want to drink. That’s nice of you to have her talk about other things besides her illness

Annie (not Annie DE) – congrats on your new home

Now for Annie DE – (((HUGS dear)))). You have so much on your plate. Glad you got your electric bill paid

joyfulandactive – welcome! Glad to hear that your cancer is in remission. What kind of career are you training for? Many of us on this thread don’t do the “friend” thing, but we’re all friends checking in here. Glad to have you join us

Allie – I had heard that eating ice cream helps with migraines. Don’t know since I’ve never had one (thank goodness). I think it has something to do with the “brain freeze”. Guess it couldn’t hurt to try…..lol Can you think of a better reason to have to eat ice cream???????

Rita – you may fall down, but you always get right back up. So very proud to call you my friend

At the gym I realized that I have coupons to use the Y for free. That’s where they have the olympic size pool and I used to take the deep water aerobics. I have to talk to the gal who is at the front desk (who used to let me go in for free before Covid) to see if these passes are still good.

Maybe I’ll work on the kitchen towel for the lady who helped my father.

Michele NC

Yes she's fine now.💖👍🏼
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Today was cookie making day for sons birthday present. I figured since we're down, we might as well bring him the cookies I normally make. They turned out well. Oatmeal with a broken up bar of Lilly's dark chocolate. I made 2 dozen.😁
    c8atwfy3mx1d.jpeg
    Excited for this weekend.💖
    Rebecca
    Wa
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Today was cookie making day for sons birthday present. I figured since we're down, we might as well bring him the cookies I normally make. They turned out well. Oatmeal with a broken up bar of Lilly's dark chocolate. I made 2 dozen.😁
    c8atwfy3mx1d.jpeg
    Excited for this weekend.💖
    Rebecca
    Wa

I just picked up some Lilly's white chocolate- I have never used the brand with less sugar- It was cheap (3/$1) want to try making some of our Christmas fudge with it.
    Is it any different than regular cho. when cooking with it?
  • pipcd34
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did the 20-40-60 workout on the treadmill then walked to Food Lion to get potatoes that are on sale for Vince for dinner, the guy who did the trimming of the bushes (I’d told him that for 2 years Vince has been saying “they need to be trimmed”, it never happened just like I predicted) and put down the mulch. Gardeners: Preen is stuff that deters weeds from growing but doesn’t hurt the plants, right? Because one thing I am OCD about is weeds. I see a weed and I have to pull it. So I’d rather put Preen down on the slope where he put down the mulch so weeds don’t grow. Then went to Aldi.

Lisa – love what you’ve done with your craft area.

Pip – you have the same popcorn maker that I have! I’m looking for an airfryer lid (just the lid) for the IP to give Jess for Christmas at a decent price. The only one I can find is on Amazon, and they’re asking $150. For a few more dollars, you can get a new IP. So I’ll just keep looking for one. Every place I’ve found they’re out of stock. Love the color of Lucy’s new collar

Rebecca – poor Athena! That looks nasty. Hope she’s OK, I’m sure she is

Lanette – Bryan just said that Leo eats a lot (like Bryan did) and giggles a lot. I’m hoping that being a parent he now realizes that it’s not a piece of cake. You try your best. I’m not getting my hopes up because like you said, I’ve been disappointed before and I don’t want it to happen again. Denise did text us a picture of PJ in his Spiderman costume. When we were there, he was watching a Spiderman show. Personally, I thought it was too violent for him at that age. But he’s not my child

Kylia – so glad you found those keys

Margaret – regarding your friend who needs to drink water: I find that if I eat something like popcorn or a protein pancake or dried chickpeas, that makes me want to drink. That’s nice of you to have her talk about other things besides her illness

Annie (not Annie DE) – congrats on your new home

Now for Annie DE – (((HUGS dear)))). You have so much on your plate. Glad you got your electric bill paid

joyfulandactive – welcome! Glad to hear that your cancer is in remission. What kind of career are you training for? Many of us on this thread don’t do the “friend” thing, but we’re all friends checking in here. Glad to have you join us

Allie – I had heard that eating ice cream helps with migraines. Don’t know since I’ve never had one (thank goodness). I think it has something to do with the “brain freeze”. Guess it couldn’t hurt to try…..lol Can you think of a better reason to have to eat ice cream???????

Rita – you may fall down, but you always get right back up. So very proud to call you my friend

At the gym I realized that I have coupons to use the Y for free. That’s where they have the olympic size pool and I used to take the deep water aerobics. I have to talk to the gal who is at the front desk (who used to let me go in for free before Covid) to see if these passes are still good.

Maybe I’ll work on the kitchen towel for the lady who helped my father.

Michele NC

We bought that originally to take camping.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 7min 30sec, 58elev, 2.88ap, 85ahr, 102mhr, 6.12mi= 552c
    Strava app = 750c
    Walk home to gym- 12.13min, .53mi= 55c
    Strava app= 66c
    Treadmill jog- 38.55min, 144ahr, 180mhr, 3mi @ 6.0sp, .50mi @ 6.4sp, 7.0 & 8.0 for last .50mi, 9.44min mi, 4mi= 400c
    Walk gym to home- 12.41min, .56mi= 62c
    Strava app= 69c

Total cal 1069