Team UK - seeking a revival!

Options

Replies

• LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    So what is this 30 day shred ? is it hard to do ?

30 day shred is a 20 min workout DVD (plus warm up and cool down) done by Jillian Michaels (US biggest loser trainer). It is a circuit-based workout - I think it's 2-3mins weights, 2 mins cardio, 1 min abs then repeat twice. It is tough, I especially thought it would be tough for someone just starting out with exercise. I think it's quite good though. You need some hand weights but best of all, you don't need a lot of space (def an issue for those of us in London flats!) and of course, since it's inside it's not weather dependent. Oh and it has 3 levels, I haven't read (or watched?) the actual instructions but I think most people tend to do each level for 10 days making it a total of 30 days.
  • stargirl99
    Options
    Hi everyone :smile:

Hope I’m not too late to join?

I’m 25 and from Glasgow so it would be great to have some more friends in the UK. I have only recently joined MFP but it’s great for tracking my food and exercise and has really increased my motivation again, especially since joining one of the challenges.

After a further few half hearted attempts I decided last summer to make a change to my diet and significantly increase my exercise levels. I didn’t want to be ‘on a diet’ so I’m sensible about what I eat and the amounts and still allow myself treats every now and then without feeling guilty. Since last summer I have lost nearly 2.5 stone and aiming for another stone by Christmas. It’s been fairly slow but I wanted to make changes I could maintain so as long as it’s going in the right direction I’m happy. My goal is to lose around another 40lbs and I can’t remember ever being that weight so I will see how I feel when I get there!

I started off with a lot of classes like Body Combat and Zumba but have recently been going to the gym more as well. I have just started to run on the treadmill (well, running for a couple of mins and walking until I recover each time) so enjoying making (slow!) progress with that. I get sore knees if I push it too hard with the exercise which can be frustrating sometimes. Found 30 Day Shred too tough on my knees so didn’t make it past Level 1 although I was heavier when I tried it. When I see all the great results people on here have had with it I am tempted to give it another go.

Anyway, enough about me - hope you are all having a good day!
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Morning all!

Got through my turbo fire yesterday, got a 25 min HIIT to do today...a bit nervous about it to be honest!

great to see some of my Brit friends on here! Go Team Brit!!
  • aimibean
    Options
    Count me in... :D
  • jonny310580
    jonny310580 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join please as well :)
  • NitaCeeCee
    Options
    morning all :drinker:

haven't long got up ( i know its almost 11 :blushing: ) and woke up to a sore throat. i really hope my daughter hasn't got one too or my sister will have a lot to answer for lol
    still, gonna have some breakfast then jump straight into some exercise. might even re-attempt c25k again (slowly does it)
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Vanessa, I'm in please! 40 years old, two grown up kids and a part-time 7 year old (partner's little girl). Part-time partner too lol as other half is in the Navy and often working away. Work full time, been on here since July and just around half way through now with the weight loss. My main aim is to have a healthy BMI but size 12 and fit wouldn't be bad either!
  • hannydee
    Options
    I need to get back on with the 30ds, when I had the house to myself, it was ok but now I dont, well I get a little paranoid jumping around like a crazy person!

Hehe, I used to be the same, but now I've decided that I don't care if my parents take the rip out of me for doing it when they're in the house. I did it one evening last week and my mum kept walking in on me and laughing saying "Urgh you're sooo sweaty!" I just say "Yeah, well you would be too if you joined in!"
    Thankfully they're both out at work today so having just walked the dog I'm now going to do some Ripped in 30 and maybe a bit of my Pilates DVD to cool down after :) Can't be bothered to drive to the gym today so that will have to do me!
  • imustbegood
    imustbegood Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Morning Team UK - just stumbled across this thread this morning, hope its not too late to join!

My name is Katia and I'm 33. I'm Canadian but have lived in England since 2001 with a break in Germany from 2007 till now. We move back to Berkshire this November. I am really looking forwards to it! I have 3 children aged between 4 and 8 and now that they are all in full time school, I'm looking to getting myself in shape and losing the saddlebags!

I am into doing the Jillian Michaels dvd's at the mo, just finishing the 30 Day Shred (last day tomorrow wooohooo!) and starting the Ripped in 30 October challenge next week :)

Want to wish you all good luck in your journeys and please feel free to add me for mutual support :happy:

Hi Katia - my last day is Sunday on the shred - whats the Ripped in 30 October challenge ???
  • Louise12
    Louise12 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hi Team uk!!!

Im Louise12 :flowerforyou: I lost 3 and half stone before joining mfp ! now i would like to get to my goal of 10st .. im currently 10st 5... i dont know when i last saw 10 stone on the scale! lol. But i lost most of my weight by healthy eating and running ! then i discovered Jillian Michaels since joining this site :tongue: .Anyways im from west london,originally from cumbria.Im getting married in 7 weeks so i would be over the moon if i could hit my goal by then.

Eeek! lets do it!
  • imustbegood
    Options
    Hi everyone how are you all today? I've been running my oldest to school this morn then taking my two youngest to a toddler group in a min my three year old is starting nursery from tomorrow so I'm going to have afternoons with just me and my one yr old and you guys have inspired me to buy the 30ds to do while he's there.

Other than that I seem to be on a plataux at the moment and spend my time going from 145lb-150 and back each day really got to try and get out of it.

I had the weirdest brecky this morning of porridge with a spoonfull of peanut butter I was really dissapointed it didn't taste that great lol. What have you all had?

I wait to everyone is in bed before I shred.... even the dogs and cat evacuate the room when they seem me turn it on and get out my weights !!! LOL

Breakkie this morning was Honey Nut Shredded Wheat - no milk as we had hardly any left so I let the kids have it instead !!!
  • imustbegood
    Options

Have u previously done all of the 30 days of the 30ds ??

No, I haven't. I was about half way through level 2 then I had a week off... and then I did the crazy thing I did today haha

So u havent come across level 3 yet then !!! Planktastic and Jumparific !!!
  • imustbegood
    Options
    So what is this 30 day shred ? is it hard to do ?

Have u previously done all of the 30 days of the 30ds ??

No, I haven't. I was about half way through level 2 then I had a week off... and then I did the crazy thing I did today haha

Its a Jillian Micheals workout DVD - go to Amazon and search 30 day shred and it should come up :)

It is a hard workout but the results are fab
  • SlimSadieG
    SlimSadieG Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Can I join?! :flowerforyou:
  • imustbegood
    Options
    Hi, I'm Vanessa, I'm in please! 40 years old, two grown up kids and a part-time 7 year old (partner's little girl). Part-time partner too lol as other half is in the Navy and often working away. Work full time, been on here since July and just around half way through now with the weight loss. My main aim is to have a healthy BMI but size 12 and fit wouldn't be bad either!

Part time partner - sounds perfect !!!!!! LOL - only kidding ;)
  • julie4760
    Options
    Morning everyone, forgot to post this earlier been busy catching up with my new team mates and dancing around the lounge, my neighbours are ready to call the medics lol, have a great day everyone and feel free to add me if i'm not already on your friends list, off to face the world as i'm working tonight xxx
  • Kerrycoll
    Kerrycoll Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Would love to join, need all the help I can get :happy:
  • imustbegood
    Options
    I need to get back on with the 30ds, when I had the house to myself, it was ok but now I dont, well I get a little paranoid jumping around like a crazy person!

Hehe, I used to be the same, but now I've decided that I don't care if my parents take the rip out of me for doing it when they're in the house. I did it one evening last week and my mum kept walking in on me and laughing saying "Urgh you're sooo sweaty!" I just say "Yeah, well you would be too if you joined in!"
    Thankfully they're both out at work today so having just walked the dog I'm now going to do some Ripped in 30 and maybe a bit of my Pilates DVD to cool down after :) Can't be bothered to drive to the gym today so that will have to do me!

Excellent plan - I am the same - I am usually puffing, panting and grunting like a pig dripping with sweat - such an elegant look !!! I do however shut the curtains now the nights are darker and I have to have the light on !!!!
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Lydia from Aylesbury I am 35 and have 2 girls, 4 and 2. I am 6' and was 16 st /102kg at Easter. I've lost 33lbs / 14 kg since then by changing what I eat (esp portions!) And increasing exercise, most usefully with half an hour of personal training a week. My main goal is to be fit and healthy and a good example for my kids but have about half a stone to go to be a 'normal' weight. also want to reduce body fat %! Biggest nsv was buying a size 14 skirt recently having been a 16 or tight 16 for years! I know the bigger challenge for me will be maintaining..
  • SlimSadieG
    SlimSadieG Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Maybe I should have introduced myself...! :blushing:

My name's Sadie, I'm 24 and I live in lovely little town called Market Harborough in Leicestershire. However, I spend a lot of my time in Cambridge, where my other half lives and we are currently looking for a house! (Nightmare...)

A couple of years ago I was 8.5 stone, but earlier on this year I had got to 11.5 stone.

I lost my Mum nearly 2 years ago and I feel that the majority of my weight gain has been due to comfort eating/stress etc...

I am now down to just under 10.5 stone and am working on getting back to my old body!

Please feel free to add me as a friend to share support!

Sadie xx