WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,330 Member
    Options
    Luckily, our phones and tablets always know what time it is, both where we are, and anywhere in the world. I have some of your locations marked on my World Clock on my tablet.

I haven't had a dryer for nearly 30 years. Things do take an age to dry in the damp weather, which can be annoying. I hang stuff in the utility room on an overhead rack, on a pulley, and I air stuff in the dining room. Sheets etc I air on the banister rail upstairs. Fortunately, DH and I wear our clothes, apart from underwear, for several days, and sheets etc I change infrequently. But , like Machka says, I do have to plan a few days in advance. We have guests next weekend, so I have washed the towelling robes that I like to put out for them, and the bathroom mats. Electricity is hugely expensive these days in the UK. Plus I want to use as little energy as possible in general.

My kitchen sink is looking much nicer now. I have a matt black dish soap dispenser, and I've bought new dark grey microfiber cloths. Next time I will buy cotton ones, because microfiber are extremely bad for the environment. I wasn't thinking. :| Anyway, it pleases me to look more coordinated. DH thinks I'm bonkers. :p If he would put things away, it wouldn't matter, but I don't think I can retrain him now. So a colour match is the next best thing. My eye is easily offended. ;)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Luckily, our phones and tablets always know what time it is, both where we are, and anywhere in the world. I have some of your locations marked on my World Clock on my tablet.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I always have the times for 3 locations on my laptop ... Hobart, Vancouver and one other.

But since we were in Canada for a lengthy time, I changed them. I've reset them now to include Auckland, so I know where I am right now.

My phone has been showing me Hobart and Vancouver this past month.

But it doesn't feel like 8:30 pm ... especially since the sun only just set! I got used to the sun setting earlier and earlier in Canada.

I'm not one to check the time a lot ... I tend to go by feel. I quit wearing a watch one day in 1997, and just starting figuring out the time in other ways. :) I'm rarely late.

Machka ... somewhere in the world!

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    uw6fx4t84wic.jpeg

1. Make a list of new things you want to do this month.

I have a massive list of things to do. Always. I'm never bored.
    In November, however, we're organising a cycling event mid-month, and then there's another one right at the beginning of December.
    My garden needs mid-spring work.
    I need more mid-spring exercise.
    Lots of things!!

2. Respond to a difficult situation in a different way.

I try things ... and then I go to Google to find different things to try.

3. Get outside and observe the changes in nature around you.

I am outside whenever I can. Love nature! And one really nice thing about returning to Tasmania is that we're going into summer. :)

4. Sign up to join a new course, activity, or online community.

How about I just finish the course I started some time ago.

5. Change your normal routine today and notice how you feel.

My November 5th didn't exist. How's that for a changed routine!

6. Try out a new way of being physically active.

Today, my physical activity was standing in line and walking.

7. Be creative. Cook, draw, write, paint, make or inspire.

8. Plan a new idea or activity you want to try out this year.
    16. When you feel you can’t do something, add the word ‘yet’.
    17. Be curious, learn about a new topic or an inspiring idea.
    18. Choose a different route and see what you notice on the way.
    19. Find out something new about someone you care about.
    20. Do something playful outdoors - walk, run, explore, relax.
    21. Find a new way to help or support a cause you care about.
    22. Build on new ideas by thinking “yes, and what if…”
    23. Look at life at someone else’s eyes and see their perspective.
    24. Try a new way to practice self-care and be kind to yourself.
    25. Connect with someone from a different generation.
    26. Broaden your perspective: read a different paper, magazine, or site.
    27. Make a meal using a recipe or ingredient you haven’t used before.
    28. Learn a new skill from a friend or share one of yours with them.
    29. Find a new way to tell someone you appreciate them.
    30. Set aside a time to pursue an activity your love.
    31. Share with a friend something useful you learned recently.
    32. Use one of your strengths in a new and creative way.
    33. Try out a different radio station or new TV show.
    34. Join a friend doing a hobby and find out why they love it.
    35. Discover your creative side. Design a friendly greeting card.
    36. Enjoy new music today. Play, sing, dance or listen.
    37. Look for new reasons to be hopeful, even in tough times.

Machka in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,327 Member
    Options
    🎉 Happy Birthday 🥳 Ginny

Tracey: 🥰 the little houses

Just a quick visit this morning. I have Creative Writing at 10.30 and Monday Painters at 2pm

☘️ Terri

Pg 14
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Today’s gratitude: electricity and internet ;). Misty stroll with Joe and the dogs to the mailbox.
    Belated happy birthday Ginny and to JanetR wherever you are.
    Lanette, talking faster when Joe’s done listening doesn’t work for us. I’ve learned to edit what I need him to hear down to no more than three bullet points, then stop talking. ‘Nother reason I’m so thankful for all the wise women here. Here I can express myself in my comfortable pattern, start at the beginning, build the details to whatever conclusion. Doesn’t work with Joe ;}
    Rosemare you are doing a great fostering job. Those are some lucky pups!
    Welcome @mwalley67 ! Lots of encouragement here. When activity is hard, baby steps are best. Any little bit you can do gets the blood flowing and lubricates the joints. When I really don’t want to get up out of my chair, music helps me to move. We’re with you!
    Attagal Annie!
    Heather how frustrating for you not to be able to walk/run your usual. Seems like the hips and/or thigh have been troublesome quite awhile. Is Physical Therapy a possibility?
    Betsy yikes indeed! Wish I knew more about ipads and apple products. Maybe Machka?
    Rebecca is that moisture under the kitchen floor?
    Rita thanks for the explanation and sorry you’re suffering. :love: the potatoes, how big were the pots?
    Debbie ((hugs)) Hope FanExpo is successful for you.
    Pip Brava!
    Machka “13 hour flight from Canada”? Oh I’m so happy for you and Rowan!
    Kylia “grass where there shouldn’t have been” :laugh: :naughty::laugh: Great bonfire and Bronco pics, thankful the charger was found… ;) What Rebecca said about your front yard. Five acres are a lot to mow!
    Michele You sound very happy about the renovated Y, Have you decided to switch to it?
    Karen :heartbreak:
    11/5: Move: 2 sets PT w/dx2, dogs to mailbox and powerline, Jeopardy walking. Steps:6602
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=26 CI<CO net=128 vits=1
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, cancelled AD Games Club subscription, renewed ’88 van registration, vimeo church, toothbrush replacement head warranty subscription what a scam, AF, ptT, ptS, M, Joe’s DMV van renewal and spare toothbrush head. Wt:131.6
    Whoops, Joe’s up and watching Oklahoma. Time to sit with him a bit.
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    November: Move more: chair yoga, line dance, dailyish PT, play with dogs.
    Fuel better: less sugar, CI<CO, dailyish vitamins.
    Live NOW: dailyish time with Joe, readings, start meditating. Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2023: Be of good cheer.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,330 Member
    Options
    Karen - I was so mesmerised by the video that I forgot to say how much I appreciated it. I find it so amazing when we see those bright-eyed children. <3 HUGS

I took the last of my antibiotics this morning. My whole digestive system is out of whack, and I'm sure the joint pain and stiffness are due to my microbiome being decimated. It should bounce back in a few days.
    Tonight is halloumi curry, and I'm popping out in a minute to buy tomatoes, and spinach if they've got any on a Monday morning. Delivery days are Tuesday and Friday. I'm going to add some cauliflower today, because we have one in the fridge.
    The sun is shining and we have no wind!!!

I still feel in resting/waiting mode. And that's fine. I'm listening.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!
    I'm up at 5 am, must be the morning after time change.

Annie in Delaware
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,615 Member
    Options
    Good morning,
    Tracey Forgot to say I love the little houses. You are so crafty.
    Allie lforgot to hit save on my last post before changing pages!
    Karen Thank you for sharing. Hugs continue.
    Barbie Thank you for the compliment. I don't feel organized about most things, but continue to improve.
    Barbara I don't normally mow as I have no time. We have someone to do it until fall. My SIL said she was shocked to see me on the mower-grumble. I should have said ....if I could leave work early, I would do it more often. But nope, I said I love to mow but DH wants to do other things when we are off. When not cutting up leaves it takes me about 2 hours on the zeroturn. It took me over twice that long as I go backwards over the leaves then back over same row to shred them further. That method leaves very little leaf debris on grass.
    Machka I am so happy that you got to visit family! I know you have been longing to for awhile. Your organization and attention to detail amaze me. The funny thing is I had just noticed a change in your postings and was wondering what was up-hehe. How did your DH handle the trip? I am assuming Roddy had a caregiver and is overjoyed to have you back.
    Ginny HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂!!!!!

My Kentucky grands are coming up in 2 weekends to bake cookies and hang with us. I love that at 14 and 15 they still enjoy doing that. That grandson is getting a personalized bat for Christmas. We talked about it last night. He is designing it and sending me the details. No it won't be a surprise, but it is something he will continue to use. He is both thankful and excited.

Have a wonderful day! You all inspire me to be the best me.
    <3
    Kylia in Ohio for one more warm day
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,673 Member
    Options
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,404 Member
    Options
    MFP Weekly Check-in for November 6, 2023

Rita in Roswell NM - Stayed the same as last week. Lots of ups and downs with water weight due to MCC attack. Should even out soon so I can get a REAL weight!

Debbie in Napa Valley, CA - down one pound - 151.8

Kylia in Ohio - This week I am going with 128.3. 5 out of 7 days were that weight. The others were water weight from either eating out or processed. I don't want to see 130 again as it took too many years to break out of that plateau!

Lanette SW WA State – weight is holding steady. Feeling good with walking more, eating protein at the beginning of the meal, etc. Happy with downward trend from this past summer.
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,500 Member
    Options
    Allie - Thank you, baby girl, what a lovely compliment! Well done to you on the car lease or loan decisions that suit what will make you feel safe and unlikely to break down stranded by the side of the road. We are all such different people, one of the things I love about this ongoing group. You're a better woman than I am... I'm pretty sure that I never vacuumed my car in the four years I owned it! I can be such a grub about some things. I'm going to try to be better with the Kicks. :smiley: Hey, it could happen. :)

Love ya!
    Lisa in AR

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,936 Member
    Options
    2023 New Ways November

Word of the Year: appreciate—Today I appreciate law enforcement.
    Meditation: daily. 3/30 (82%(started Feb)(94%,100%, 74%, 93%,100%,100%)

Recommended exercise: cardio 5 days 30 min 0/23
    Strength all muscles 2 x 0/8 a week
    Flexible (yoga, stretching) /8 a week 10 min
    Balance 5 days 10 min /20

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(300%,100%,100%,100%).
    81 days SOBER!
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. (7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%—7465,100%—6328,90%—6059,87%—6458,92%,-6847,98%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 1/2 (10,00%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 225/208—(733%,100% My mom called me for a change.)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)91/94 (100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,175.6,173.4, 172.2, 173.2 (600%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 2/23 (681%,100,100)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 45/12
    (100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 10/12—(100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25+25 (100%) I put the money in, but end up taking it out.
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107, 157,0,0,0
    500%) This has stopped. Spending too much.

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met—-99%
    July met — met 81%
    August met—met 99%
    September met——99%
    October met —90.7%
    November met—
    December met—

1. Make a list of new things you want to do this month. 1. Start Christmas shopping, 2. Work on my happiness, 3. Walk the mall at least once. 4. Read a new book
    2. Respond to a difficult situation in a different way. I will see what comes up, but the daily readings I do have helped a lot already! Did this!
    3. Get outside and observe the changes in nature around you..Supposed to be in the low 80’s (f) here today and the week to come so will have plenty of time to do this. Didn’t do this today, sick.
    4. Sign up to join a new course, activity, or online community. I’ll have to look around for this. Thinking about something to do with MCC. I joined 2 new groups on FB.
    5. Change your normal routine today and notice how you feel. Will do!
    6. Try out a new way of being physically active. I will have to think about this. Maybe do a YouTube video.
    7. Be creative. Cook, draw, write, paint, make or inspire.
    8. Plan a new idea or activity you want to try out this year.
    9. When you feel you can’t do something, add the word ‘yet’.
    10. Be curious, learn about a new topic or an inspiring idea.
    11. Choose a different route and see what you notice on the way.
    12. Find out something new about someone you care about.
    13. Do something playful outdoors - walk, run, explore, relax.
    14. Find a new way to help or support a cause you care about.
    15. Build on new ideas by thinking “yes, and what if…”
    16. Look at life at someone else’s eyes and see their perspective.
    17. Try a new way to practice self-care and be kind to yourself.
    18. Connect with someone from a different generation.
    19. Broaden your perspective: read a different paper, magazine, or site.
    20. Make a meal using a recipe or ingredient you haven’t used before.
    21. Learn a new skill from a friend or share one of yours with them.
    22. Find a new way to tell someone you appreciate them.
    23. Set aside a time to pursue an activity your love.
    24. Share with a friend something useful you learned recently.
    25. Use one of your strengths in a new and creative way.
    26. Try out a different radio station or new TV show.
    27. Join a friend doing a hobby and find out why they love it.
    28. Discover your creative side. Design a friendly greeting card.
    29. Enjoy new music today. Play, sing, dance or listen.
    30. Look for new reasons to be hopeful, even in tough times.

RVRita in Roswell, NM

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,936 Member
    Options
    Up to pg. 14. Busy this morning. Catch up later.

RVRita
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Karen, you have two very talented brothers. The video is amazing and the art is breathtakingly beautiful.

Michele, all of my metal pans’ handles get hot unless they have some kind of protective coating. I’m sorry you were burned.