Gryffindor Common Room

Options

Replies

• TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Weight this morning 124.2lb, which was a bit of a shock - I've been a bit over on my calories for a few days, but not by enough to have put so much weight on. Hopefully the scales will be a bit more cooperative next week!

OWLS - 0
    NEWTS - 35
    House Points - 541

GOALS
    Start of September 127
    Start of October 124

WEIGHTS
    25th July 130
    1st August 129.5
    10th August 128.5
    15th August 127.9
    22nd August 127
    29th August 127.3
    5th September 125
    12th September 123.2
    19th September 123
    26th September 124.2
  • nattiepeach
    nattiepeach Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hello Griffindors!!

CW: 161.9 lb - down 2 pounds!! Yay!!
    GW: 158.4 lb by Oct 1st

OWLS: 30
    NEWTS: 25

HP: 290

xxx

You can totally keep posting your weights in kilograms if you like, sweetie! I just calculate percentage lost, so it makes no difference :)

Nevermind. Please do post in pounds if you don't mind!

Not a problem, i dont mind doing a quick conversion :)

CW: 160.6 (down 1.3 lb yay!)
    GW: GW: 158.4 lb by Oct 1st

OWLS: sadly 0 - so sorry i didn't even get to watch the video, let alone do the exercise this week. Just started a new business after my day job so my focus wasn't on Griffindor...sorry team mates!
    NEWTS: it was meal planning right? well I planned at least 4 meals in advance this week, so thats 20 :)

HP 120

Sorry, I'll do my best to be a good Griffindor this week :)
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Gryffinidors! Just wanted to appologize for being MIA the past 2 weeks. I had an epic battle with a black widown infestation in my house. I got bit 3 times and turns out I'm severely allergic and had to spend some time in a muggle hospital. Where's madam Pomfrey when you need her. But, I'm feeling better and adjusting to my new spidey senses and ready to get back to being a productive and contributing Gryffindor.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Can anyone give me a link to add a gryffindor crest? I am so lame. I followed the directions exaclty, I thought. I downloaded 2 pics to my computer, then added them to facebook. I copied the URL and added to my signature line changing the IMG to img. I am not sure what I did wrong. The only thing I can think of is that I didn't actually post it on my page, just in my profile pics. Do I actually need to put in on my wall? Any other ideas about what I might be doing wrong?

When I added the prefect badge from the link it worked like a charm (pun intended).

When I add pics to facebook, I have to right click on the picture, and click Copy Image URL. Try using that URL instead of the one when you first click the picture, because the new picture viewer facebook uses doesn't work the same as just clicking on a picture. Does that make sense?
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    I GOT SORTED INTO GRYFFINDOR!!!!! Yay! FINALLY got my invitation, I'm so annoyed I didn't get it until now, but I guess they've been having issues on the site because of all the activity. But at least I got into Gryffindor! That is so cool. And I'm happy with my wand, as well. That's as far as I got, attempted a practice potion, but it was taking too long and I had studying to do.

That's fantastic!!! I didn't fuss too much about my wand, because those are replaceable. You only get sorted once :) The potions do take a long time, but it's so fun. Did you like how you go through the story?
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    I just found this on facebook and while I never copy and paste all that crap, this one I couldn't resist. I am really ROFLMBO!!:laugh:

I had to share with my fellow Gryffs.

The Girl you just called a Mudblood? She spends hours practicing spells hoping people will like her. The boy you just stupefied? His parents use the Cruciatus Curse on him regularly. That kid you just pushed? He is trying to use the killing curse on himself. That guy you just made fun of for crying? His mother was killed by a Death Eater. Put this on your status for an hour, if you are against Bullying in the Wizarding World. You never know what it's like until you fly a mile on their broom.

This is hilarious! I love satire-y things like this. Haha!
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Bump! Congratulations on your new thread!!
  • blondie2285
    Options
    Finally found the new thread!

Week 9 - 132.5!! The scale moved!! 1.1 pounds down! Yay!
  • ElisaHelena
    Options
    I GOT SORTED INTO GRYFFINDOR!!!!! Yay! FINALLY got my invitation, I'm so annoyed I didn't get it until now, but I guess they've been having issues on the site because of all the activity. But at least I got into Gryffindor! That is so cool. And I'm happy with my wand, as well. That's as far as I got, attempted a practice potion, but it was taking too long and I had studying to do.

That's fantastic!!! I didn't fuss too much about my wand, because those are replaceable. You only get sorted once :) The potions do take a long time, but it's so fun. Did you like how you go through the story?

It is driving me nuts that I entered my email into Pottermore a while ago and I have not gotten my invitation!. I am getting very sad about it too. Are they supposed to take this long.
  • ElisaHelena
    Options
    And I thought I was going nuts by posting and posting and not seeing it in the other page.

Here are my numbers:

Weight: No change
    OWLS: 35
    NEWTS: 40 (or OWLS 40 and NEWTS 35 cant remember which is which)
    HP: 120

Thank you.
    Elisa
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options

It is driving me nuts that I entered my email into Pottermore a while ago and I have not gotten my invitation!. I am getting very sad about it too. Are they supposed to take this long.

Did you play the hidden quill game or just enter your email to be notified when Pottermore is open? I got in on the second day of the hidden quill and it still took forever to get in. They're working out the kinks, I guess :(
  • MericoX
    MericoX Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in for Week ending 9/25 (Sorry it's late!)

CW: 238.5 (meaning 1.5lbs lost)
    OWLS :0
    NEWTS: 10
    HP: 114
  • ElisaHelena
    Options

Phew!! that made me feel better.
    I can't wait!!! Patience...patience..
    Thank you Bronwen

Did you play the hidden quill game or just enter your email to be notified when Pottermore is open? I got in on the second day of the hidden quill and it still took forever to get in. They're working out the kinks, I guess :(
  • peariel
    peariel Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Yay! I can't believe I made Prefect! :blushing: Sorry I'm late to post!

Here are my numbers this week:

GW Oct 1: 145

Week 1: 154.2
    Week 2: 157.6
    Week 3: 155.2
    Week 4: 157
    Week 5: 158
    Week 6: 161
    Week 7: 158.6
    Week 8: 156
    Week 9: 155.2
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I'm going to jump early on the whole recipe thing so I don't forget but I love spinach and artichoke dip.... and I loved this recipe personally and according to me it was better the next day

Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip
    from skinnytaste.com
    Servings: 15 • Serving Size: 1/4 cup • Old Points: 2 pts • Points+: 2 pts
    Calories: 73.3 • Fat: 4.4 g • Carb: 3.4 g • Fiber: 0.9 g • Protein: 5.2 g • Sugar: 0.6 g
    Sodium: 244.7 g
    Ingredients:
    13.75 oz artichoke hearts packed in water, drained
    10 oz frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed
    1/4 cup chopped shallots
    1 clove garlic
    1/2 cup fat free Greek yogurt
    1/2 cup light mayonnaise
    2/3 cup Parmigiano Reggiano
    4 oz shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
    salt and fresh pepper to taste
    olive oil spray
    Directions:
    Preheat oven to 375°.
    In a small food processor, coarsely chop the artichoke hearts with the garlic and shallots.
    Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl. Place in an oven-proof dish and bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes, until hot and cheese is melted. Serve right away.
    Can be made one day in advance and stored in the refrigerator before baking. Makes about 3 3/4 cups.

tried this yesterday and it was yummy!!! thanks for this one
  • starjam25
    starjam25 Posts: 4,725 Member
    Options
    Didn't do as much as I hoped I would....
    CW: 137.0
    GW: Oct 1 = 135
    Owls-Newts = 120
    HP = zero (hurt my foot and couldn't do much of anything)

Better next week!
  • nattiepeach
    nattiepeach Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    End of the Month Healthy Sushi - 225 calories

1 sheet Nori seaweed
    1/2 cup cooked and chilled brown rice
    25g sliced avocado
    30g canned tuna (use fresh tuna around pay day)
    thinly sliced cucumber

Lay the Nori on a bamboo mat and spread the rice around half the sheet and squish it flat. Arrange the tuna, avo and cucumber in a row across the rice and roll the seaweed around it all as tightly as possible. Slice into 6 pieces and enjoy with soy sauce and wasabi. Easy on the wallet and the calories
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    If you like creamy delicious treats, this recipe is AWESOME! I also made a crab rangoon version of this with crab meat and a little soy sauce in the filling instead of tuna.

Tuna Melt Bites PER SERVING (1/3rd of recipe, 5 pieces): 143 calories, 5g fat, 452mg sodium, 11g carbs, 0g fiber, 1g sugars, 14g protein -- PointsPlus™ value 4*

Ingredients:
    One 15-piece box frozen Athens Mini Fillo Shells
    3 wedges The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese
    One 5-oz. can albacore tuna in water, drained and flaked
    Spices: salt, black pepper

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Place shells on a baking sheet sprayed lightly with nonstick spray. Bake in the oven until shells are golden brown, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.

Place cheese wedges in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds, or until softened. Stir until smooth. Add tuna and a dash each salt and pepper. Mix well.

Evenly distribute the cheesy-tuna mixture among the baked shells, about half a tablespoon per shell.

Now eat!

MAKES 3 SERVINGS
  • lojoend
    lojoend Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Not a very good week I guess. Haven't been feeling too well.

Check-in:
    Weight - 187.2
    OWLS and NEWTS: none
    House Points: 660
  • Letty_c
    Letty_c Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Check-in!
    Weight: 218
    owls: 40
    newts: 10
    HP: 220