NOVEMBER 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options
1161718192022»

Replies

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Apples 🍎 I don't really pay attention. Most of the apples I've had in Poland are yummy.

Pizza 🍕 I'll take meat lover's as my favorite, but like a variety. Hawaiian is OK for me, pizzas that look like someone dumped a salad on top are good, peppers within reason... just PLEASE do not put corn on it and label it " Pizza Amerykańska", as I don't know any Americans that eat it that way. Poles will also serve pizza with a kinda-spicy ketchup. I'll pass on that, too.

This morning I baked cookies (to freeze for school Christmas market, church, and family) for 3 hours before my energy just left me. It felt like powering down a machine. So I quickly threw lunch together and took a nap. I'm glad I've been able to sleep lately, as I think it's what my body needs.
    2b3m16c09nmx.jpg
    Green swirls are plain sugar cookies, crescents are butter pecan/walnut, and the others are an adaptation of peanut butter Hershey's kiss cookies, using part PB and part gingerbread nut butter (and chocolate bar because I don't have the kisses).

I would need a nap also after all that baking! Glad you felt well enough to do it. And corn on pizza? Unheard of!
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    It has been raining all day today...the final day of RTY 2023. I can't believe I did it (all running miles). When I thought about doing it at the end of last year, I thought it would be cool goal to try for in 2023. But by the end of January, I was thinking there is no way I can keep this up. In a few months it became easier, and then a couple months after that it was just normal. I don't want to sound all preachy or whatever, but don't ever tell yourself you can't do something. If you want it bad enough, you really can do anything. OK, I'm done. I'm going to go eat and sleep for a week 😜

exercise.png

Congrats @Scott6255 !! Amazing year!!
    Thanks for the inspirational note as well!
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    I hadn't realized that there were so many Aggies in this group. It is a small world.

Dec 2025 BCS Marathon & Half Marathon at College Station might be a sentimental favorite. Go Aggies!
    How about this as an MFP monthly running thread racing meetup calendar:

2024 La Jolla Half Marathon
    2025 'somewhere in' Texas Half Marathon
    2026 'somewhere in' London Half Marathon
    2027 'somewhere along' US Eastern Seaboard Half Marathon

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,065 Member
    Options
    Great running @Scott6255 ! Sounds like you have a very smart daughter. I'm sure you are proud of her and your son.

@Teresa502 I'm impressed that you got out and ran in 18F weather!

@tarun_yadavA My favorite pizza toppings are pepperoni and mushrooms. When I was in the AF in OH, my husband and I would order the same pizza delivered a lot. One day I noticed that the abbreviation they used for it was PMS and died laughing. It did make me feel better during "that time of the month." :lol: Least favorite: hummm. I'm not a real fan of any of the dessert pizzas, but then is it really pizza if it is all sweet and no Italian sauce at all. Oh, anchovies. Just NO to those.

@Laurz9191 Pretty snow. Your route is so flat!

@Zakkery86 Great running and that sounds like an awesome job to have.

Three days in a row @daria0919 is great! Congrats on running more in Nov than you did in Oct! That's fantastic!

Nice running @kgirlhart and love the deer!

Good luck on your HM this weekend @BeverlyW1108 !

You did great making your goal with all that other stuff @Teresa502 !

@mnsmov15 Congratulations on your step goal and being consistent. That's awesome.

You are doing great @martaindale!

@polskagirl01 Those cookies look great! Glad your energy held out until you finished and glad you are sleeping better.

Hahaha @scott6255! Big congratulations on running 2023 miles! That is amazing.

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,065 Member
    Options
    Nice job with your walks @shanaber. You almost made your goal. I am hoping you feel well enough for a few walks in Dec. Big hugs to you.