WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,380 Member
    Options
    Did Kelly Coffee Meyers Body Sculpt Workout DVD and then since it was raining out did Leslie Sansone’s 5 Day Slim Down DVD. Then went to WalMart. Made the chicken bacon ranch pasta salad for bowling tomorrow (they’re celebrating the birthdays and also having the Christmas party). Plan to make the pierogi later today since it’s raining out and we can’t decorate outside

Beth – you’ve had so much to deal with. So sorry to hear about your mom

Ginny – I’m sorry about your SIL’s housemate. Please take care of yourself Hope you feel better fast

Heather – Vince enjoys decorating the trees and decorating outside. I enjoy the outside and stringing the popcorn – not so much the decorating.

M – there are 3-1/2 more trees downstairs. The house is 5,000 sq ft

Annie – my MIL made the original elf costume when I was probably in my 20’s. She made the “dress” out of this really clingy material and was it ever short! When I was in my 20’s I could probably get away with that. Not today. So I had someone make a new “dress” for me. Behind me is the tree she made. Yea for you walking! Glad to see you are keeping up with your exercising despite everything. You do what you can when you can and that’s important.

judefit – wb! Evening binge snacking is my downfall, too. I try to do some craft at night or go downstairs away from the kitchen

Luanne – welcome! Shenandoah Valley is such a pretty area. My cousin lived in that area. Also loved driving thru it when we’d went to Reston

Lisa – I really like how your sunroom looks like it was built with the house – not an addon. Looks very inviting.

Heather – I’d say that your picture is more than OK

Michele NC
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Today is: Protecting all animals and humans today! Take the time to listen to a chorus/choir today!

bikibuozgj1k.jpeg
    0drlzfb86fl4.jpeg
    cbw79m2pr255.jpeg
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Some of our trees. I'll post the rest after they are finished being decorated

The disney and Charlie Brown tree that rotates

o21p2271uqm2.jpg

The Christmas Vacation and M&M tree. It rotates. I made the tree skirt

9sa5gag1opvw.jpg

The Charlie Brown tree: (I just thought it was cute)

7ur9fayaqxeb.jpg

Our Main tree. This was my first attempt at crochet (probably about 25+ years ago)

fepn6tdh5etc.jpg

Our small tree. I made the tree skirt. Vince made the ceramic tree (it's 3 separate pieces)

urv5f2i2qy7c.jpg

I also strung all this popcorn. Remember that I'd start in May so that I can do it on my deck? Well, this is the result.

Michele NC

You make a sweet, smiling elf.💖👍🏼🤗. Love all your trees, the strung popcorn really does add that extra bit of uniqueness! Then with the handmade skirts just so sweet!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Joy1580vb wrote: »
    tne2twal195u.jpeg

Here’s a pic of my little Christmas village. The cats are wrinkling my snow blanket but at least they aren’t chewing or knocking anything off….at least so far….I have 5 cats.

Love your Christmas village!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    These are the first three garden beds I hacked up with the mattock and dug out all the weeds.

Now they've got veggies coming up!

vpf2f1exrqay.png
    0pcgdv7aaxws.png

Great job on the garden beds! You will have a harvest before you know it? My sister has garden beds in large galvanized tubs. Some are cinder block ones. She has lots of rabbits, foxes, and nutras. So I know if she didn't have the beds she'd be fighting them. Now I am not positive rabbits don't hop into her tubs now.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,783 Member
    Options
    Im watching Home Alone 1 and 2.. they are a hoot..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,669 Member
    Options
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,113 Member
    Options
    Joy1580vb wrote: »
    Good morning, ladies.

Michele your trees are stunning and you look so cute in your elf costume. I don't do a big tree anymore as I don't have the energy but decided that I needed a bit of something to compliment my tabletop tree so opted for the Christmas Village and I know that I will enjoy building on it in the coming years.

Lisa your sunroom looks so nice and looking forward to pics of the inside.

Machka, as an avid gardener I have to ask what is coming up in your beds?

Beth, so sorry to hear of your mother's fall.

Starting on my baking this afternoon. Will be making butter tarts as well as coconut ones. Have the pastry made so not too much of a chore. Giving my sister a call this morning which I know will turn into about a two hour event. Enjoy catching up with all her news.

Enjoy the day.

Joy

Snowpeas in the bed closest to the footpath stairs. Then beans. Then cauliflower in the bed that doesn't show much yet.

Machka