WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    SO enjoying the house to myself this afternoon.
    Went to church , grabbed a snack and started a little decorating- did a little more outside. Dh did most of it. Did a little inside with more decluttering and decorating to do in the living room then onto the kitchen to start packing up the treats to take to Zumba tomorrow night. My main thing is the living room. TOO much stuff in here.
    Tree has been up since Wed. and only one cat(the newest/youngest) has touched the tree a couple times, just gentle touch and I spray him and he runs away. The rest have left it alone- a miracle with 9 in the house.
    Dh is in San Jose with his friend- guy is buying a car and needed a ride. Do not understand him. Going down to buy a used car from a private seller and doesn't bring cash. The seller is going to take cash and Paul's old car with a blown transmission(he is a mechanic) but Paul goes down there with no cash or his old car. No idea how he is going to tow it all the way down there. I do know, dh will not be the one towing it. Not going to chance ruining his own transmission. It is on him to get it to the guy.
    All I know is I am here by myself, enjoying the quiet.
    I will have to call MIL and lie to her, tell her dh is sleeping and won't be over there this afternoon. He hurt his back at works so should be home sleeping. Gave him one of my norco and rubbed Voltarin on his back before he left. His car has heated seats which helps. Yesterday I went with him shopping then to drop the groceries at his mom's so he didn't have to carry them up the steps.
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies-just noticed someone post in November-they can't get bookmarking down. I tired to explain it but I stink at that-can one of you (for some reason Lisa, Machka, Barbie come to mind!)

Thanks,

Ginny
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,625 Member
    Options
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,037 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did Kelly Coffee Meyers Body Sculpt Workout DVD and then since it was raining out did Leslie Sansone’s 5 Day Slim Down DVD. Then went to WalMart. Made the chicken bacon ranch pasta salad for bowling tomorrow (they’re celebrating the birthdays and also having the Christmas party). Plan to make the pierogi later today since it’s raining out and we can’t decorate outside

Beth – you’ve had so much to deal with. So sorry to hear about your mom

Ginny – I’m sorry about your SIL’s housemate. Please take care of yourself Hope you feel better fast

Heather – Vince enjoys decorating the trees and decorating outside. I enjoy the outside and stringing the popcorn – not so much the decorating.

M – there are 3-1/2 more trees downstairs. The house is 5,000 sq ft

Annie – my MIL made the original elf costume when I was probably in my 20’s. She made the “dress” out of this really clingy material and was it ever short! When I was in my 20’s I could probably get away with that. Not today. So I had someone make a new “dress” for me. Behind me is the tree she made. Yea for you walking! Glad to see you are keeping up with your exercising despite everything. You do what you can when you can and that’s important.

judefit – wb! Evening binge snacking is my downfall, too. I try to do some craft at night or go downstairs away from the kitchen

Luanne – welcome! Shenandoah Valley is such a pretty area. My cousin lived in that area. Also loved driving thru it when we’d went to Reston

Lisa – I really like how your sunroom looks like it was built with the house – not an addon. Looks very inviting.

Heather – I’d say that your picture is more than OK

Michele NC

You've got a massive house!

Ours is 1100 square feet plus about half that of somewhat usable space in the basement.

Machka
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,037 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)Michele, You look wonderful in your elf costume. How creative to be able to update it for your more mature self.

:)Heather, I read the book you recommended about emotionally immature people. It helped solidify a lot of things I'd thought before. I also heard the author interviewed on a podcast which added to my understanding. What you said about reading a book struck home with me and I was reminded of a great children's book that I read to my students. The book is "Petunia" by Roger Duvoisin. It is about a goose who heard that people love books and own them become wise, so when she finds a book, she carries it under her wing and concludes that she is wise. That puffs her up so much that she begins to give advice (all of it wrong) until her advice causes harm to all her friends and an explosion causes the book to open and she realizes that there are words inside and reading the words will help her become wise, not just carrying the book around.

:)toxic people My mother was not nearly as toxic as some I've read about on this thread but she had a history of putting me down that didn't feel good. In my 30's it seemed to me that she was bugging me all the time and she believed that she never saw me or heard from me. My solution was to visit every Saturday morning at 8 AM. That was I knew I was keeping in touch with her, and she couldn't claim that she "never heard from me". When my life took me out of town on weekends, I called her every Saturday morning at 8AM and did that until her health was such that I visited her daily. With practice, I could ignore her hurtful comments.

:) On a recent podcast with someone I admire, I heard, "don't tell me what's important to you, let me look at your schedule". If exercise is important, do you do it? If your family is important, do you spend time with them? If you spend time with holiday chores, is it because you love doing them or because it's expected or you've always done them? Or is your schedule filled with house cleaning or solitaire or Netflix or phone calls with people who annoy you or other things you say aren't important?

:) I hope everyone who is spending their time with holiday baking, decorating, and crafts is getting the joy from the activities. I am enjoying all the pictures.

:) My Sunday walking friend is out of town so I have a an extra hour for me. I walked this morning before going to the grocery store and will walk again, but I have this hour for me and am using some of it to spend time with all of you and to mend the hot dog toy that Annie chewed a hole in. She is a vigorous chewer and probably shouldn't have the cute fabric stuffed toys but they are so cute, I can't resist.

:)Rita, I got a washer and dryer in my house for the first time when I was 34 years old and have not lost the daily gratitude of not having to go to the laundromat.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

On my schedule ... mostly work.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :
    :) On a recent podcast with someone I admire, I heard, "don't tell me what's important to you, let me look at your schedule". If exercise is important, do you do it? If your family is important, do you spend time with them? If you spend time with holiday chores, is it because you love doing them or because it's expected or you've always done them? Or is your schedule filled with house cleaning or solitaire or Netflix or phone calls with people who annoy you or other things you say aren't important?

<3 Barbie in NW WA

On my schedule ... mostly work.

:)Machka, I read your posts and your schedule includes a lot of cycling, gardening, home care, time with your husband, and other pastimes along with work. You find many things important and make time for them.

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    :)MIchele, since people are calling your cell phone why don't you take a few minutes each day to check for messages.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,861 Member
    Options
    <3