TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,117 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,883 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Michele-I agree with you about being upset someone posted your phone number in a public forum without your permission. However, the people who rely on landlines are pretty much becoming the n the minority-cell phones are the legitimate alternative if not the only means of contact. We got rid of our landline 9 or so years ago. We couldn't see spending the money for both services.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

I had a landline in Canada, but when I moved to Australia 15 years ago, I went to a mobile phone. We just used my husband's for quite a few years, and I finally broke down and got one in 2016 so now we both have one.

We'll even text each other in a store if we've lost each other!

There's absolutely no reason to have a landline at home here anymore, unless you live in a black spot.

M in Oz
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Cute shirt, Machka!
    Pip- Love the new patio decor! Utilitarian (hiding an eyesore) and festive!
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Lanette, Love the chicken tree. I think that is a definite match for you.

Ginny , glad you are feeling better.

Betsy in NW WA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    We have a landline but rarely use it. A friend, or my son when we haven't answered our cell phones.

I went out food shopping this morning, but fear I'm not quite over the virus. Back pain, thigh pain, a little nauseous. I'm retiring to bed this afternoon while the cleaner is here, and will finish off the last of the Christmas cards. I posted the first batch this morning. It's nice this year as I'm sending my own designs that I painted last January and had printed. Robins, and a tree. John did a round robin for his, but I'm just scribbling a quick message in mine.

Don't really feel like cooking, but I can stick a couple of duck legs in the oven. Broccoli.

Collected up most of our paintings for taking upstairs to the pile. Only left a couple of new ones. I'm going to try a decoration in that space with big silver baubles.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Michele-I agree with you about being upset someone posted your phone number in a public forum without your permission. However, the people who rely on landlines are pretty much becoming the n the minority-cell phones are the legitimate alternative if not the only means of contact. We got rid of our landline 9 or so years ago. We couldn't see spending the money for both services.

Lisa-thanks for handling-I think I am going to copy and save the instructions! And yes-I was asking about heating for the sun room. Propane stove sounds like perfect solution!

Pip-you come up with the coolest decorating ideas.

At this early hour it seems that stomach stuff has calmed down. At least those body aches have subsided and I haven't had the "pins and needles" pain in stomach for a while. A bit of restless sleep last night as it was leaving. If you ladies get any symptoms-please learn from Heather and I-rest and let yourself heal. Work colleague said he still wasn't feeling 100% after 4 days of it (but then, no one ever got a cold as bad as my husband :D

Will leave work early today to make up on things I missed doing yesterday. Need to have a monthly meeting with a staff member (should not be fun) and quick meeting with my executive team-mainly giving them Christmas presents since I will be out until 21st. Tomorrow I get a massage at 11. DIL pushed it-said it may help with some of the arthritis pain (but won't hurt). Also, hotel has indoor pool and I am hoping a hot tub. Have dinner with brothers Tuesday evening and lunch with two coworkers (actually bosses, but we are also friends) for our birthdays on Wednesday-then pick up kids at airport!

Need to get stretches in-missed them for two days while sick.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

Thx. I will have kirby move it so you can see what it looked like. That stand is intended to be a planter box . We had some plywood in the garage so I had him make plates to insert them in the boxes so we could put some of our plants in there. I had some leftover lights so whalaaaa!
    I was thinking about removing the bush beside it, but it ended up staying there. Last time I put lights on the bush but las 2 times that I did I ended up cutting the lights when I was trimming the op of the bush.
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    Morning from the VERY chilly Arkansas River Valley, 19 f (-7c) up here in the foothills, though the weather folks say it's 28.

They're wrong.
    2jyba24cievo.gif

Ginny, I'm glad you woke up feeling better, and Heather, I'm sorry yours is still hanging on! Vicky, hope the bronchitis has let loose, and that you're feeling better, too. It's so hard to be ill this time of year, and especially for those who are still working outside the home...

Carol -
    Thank you for that compliment, dear heart. I do as much as I can on any given day to help Corey with this huge job he took on, but have seldom felt up to being much help these last few months. He does not EVER make me feel like I'm slacking, and in fact has sent me back in the house more than once. He knows my limits much better than I do on some days, and I'm so grateful to have him in my life.

Allie - I worry too, about Katla. Shout out, as well, to Kim and Karen. Missing you guys...

Enjoying watching the fire while noshing on my breakfast quesadilla... One of the deliveries called and postponed until tomorrow, which was fine with me! Hope the others get here, but what happens will happen.

Hope it's a good Monday, past present or future,
    Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,848 Member
    Options
    2023 December Kindness

Word of the Year: appreciate—Today I appreciate dogs.

Meditation: daily. 18/30 (82%(started Feb)(94%,100%, 74%, 93%,100%,100%,100,100,83%
    Feeling sick all month. Colitis crap!

Recommended exercise: cardio 5 days 30 min /23
    Strength all muscles 2 x 0/8 a week
    Flexible (yoga, stretching) /8 a week 10 min
    Balance 5 days 10 min /20

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(300%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    3 months SOBER!
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 5907,(7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%—7465,100%—6328,90%—6059,87%—6458,92%,-6847,98%-84% 5882-)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 1/2 (10,00%) 50%
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 227-208—(733%,100% My mom called me for a change, 100%)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)99/96 100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,175.6,173.4, 172.2, 173.2, 173.4, 173.4 (600%) 100%,100%
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 5/23. (681%,100,100,83)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 49/12
    (100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 12/12—(100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25+25 (100%) I put the money in, but end up taking it out.
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107, 157,0,0,0,0
    500%) This has stopped. Spending too much.

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met—-99%
    July met — met 81%
    August met—met 99%
    September met——99%
    October met —90.7%
    November met—75%
    December met—

1.Spread kindness and share the December calendar with others. Sharing with my MFP friends.
    2. Contact someone you can’t be with to see how they are doing. Forgot to do this yesterday. Hope to do it today. I did this on Sunday 12/3.
    3. Offer to help someone who is facing difficulties at the moment. Helped my fellow host in learning what to do in 2 separate incidents with campers.
    4. Support a campaign, cause, or charity you really care about.
    5. Give a gift to someone who is homeless or lonely. Did not do this. No chance to.
    6. Leave a positive message for someone else to find. Did this yesterday.
    7. Give kind comments to as many people as possible today. I will try. A bit down today. Not feeling well.
    8. Do something helpful for a friend or family member. Will do!
    9. Notice when you’re hard on yourself or others and be kind instead. I will try to remember.
    10. Listen wholeheartedly to others without judging them. I need to learn to do this more.
    11. But an extra item and donate to a food bank.
    12. Be generous. Feed someone with food, love or kindness today.
    13. See how many be people you can smile at today.
    14. Share a happy memory or inspiring thought with a loved one.
    15. Say hello to your neighbor and brighten their day.
    16. Look for something positive to say to everyone you meet today.
    17. Give thanks. List the kind things others have done for you.
    18. Ask for help and let someone else know the how of giving.
    19. Contact someone who may be alone or feeling isolated.
    20. Help someone by giving away something you don’t need.
    21. Appreciate kindness and thank people who do things for you.
    22. Congratulate someone for an achievement that may go unnoticed.
    23. Choose to give or receive the gift of forgiveness.
    24. Bring joy to others. Share something that made you laugh.
    25. Treat everyone with kindness including yourself.
    26. Get outside, pick up litter or do something kind for nature.
    27. Call a relative who is far away to say hello and have a chat.
    28. Be kind to the planet. Eat less meat and use less energy.
    29. Turn off digital devices and really listen to people.
    30. Let someone know how much you appreciated them and why.
    31. Plan some new acts of kindness for 2024.

The results of your personality test are in. Here they are:
    Personality type: Logistician (ISTJ-T)
Traits: Introverted – 69%, Observant – 58%, Thinking – 75%, Judging – 56%, Turbulent – 54%
Role: Sentinel
Strategy: Constant Improvement
    Joined MFPL 5/26/2010
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,848 Member
    Options
    Today is: Have a bagel. Does anyone on here Tango? Do a dance for me!! :wink:

nbd9jms0eoic.jpeg
    58rspg760dmj.png
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    Rita - Without seeing your chart, I bought a jar of passata this morning and put it in the food bank box. I don't do that very often, as I usually forget! How strange! ;)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx