WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,541 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family, Lucy in buggy- 1hr 54min 59sec, 83elev, 3.20ap, 93ahr, 108mhr, 6.20mi= 591c
    Strava app = 759c
    Walk home to gym- 10.53min, .54mi= 54c
    Strava app= 66c
    Treadmill jog- 29.51min, 5.8-7.8speed, 151ahr, 185mhr, 9.37min mi, 5k= 298c
    Walk gym to home- 10.52min, 3.0ap, .56mi= 58c
    Strava app = 69c

Total cal 1001
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    Michelle ~ WOW! That's all I can say!

Carol in GA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,541 Member
    Options
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,207 Member
    Options
    I've ordered some tea-towels. Do you call them that in the US? My old ones are at least seven years old and looking tired. :p I always hang one over the oven door and John spreads it out, obscuring the whole door, and I fold it in two again, so I can see the glass. It's a constant battle, like the light levels in the living room. :p When they arrive tomorrow, I will throw out three old ones. Promise!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    I've ordered some tea-towels. Do you call them that in the US? My old ones are at least seven years old and looking tired. :p I always hang one over the oven door and John spreads it out, obscuring the whole door, and I fold it in two again, so I can see the glass. It's a constant battle, like the light levels in the living room. :p When they arrive tomorrow, I will throw out three old ones. Promise!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I know them as tea towels.

I don't know when I got mine ...

Maybe at or prior to my first wedding in the late 1980s???
    Maybe when I moved to Australia in 2009???
    Maybe some at each time???

I do know that some of the ones from the late 1980s had gone oily, but I researched how to clean them, and did.

They aren't something I've ever thought of replacing!

I'm pretty sure my kitchen hand towels were purchased between 2000 and 2002 ... in the years shortly following my separation from my husband when I was redecorating my apartment.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    ym51xpdxtxx8.png
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,096 Member
    Options
    Lisa: 🥰 the bell bottoms. I have the same problem with calfs. Always had a problem with long boots. 😝

We have a meet and greet after lunch for our charity. (U3A) Otherwise, nothing fixed, so will work on my Christmas cards.

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Lisa I wear flare or bell bottom jeans especially in the winter. They fit better over boots. Those are awesome!

Been busy. Training caught up. Christmas cards mailed. The only shopping left to do is picking up lottery tickets and saran wrap. DH hunts tomorrow. My plan is to wrap and do saran wrap balls for both daughters families. I will enjoy just being home alone.

I need to get back to walking, logging, and drinking water. Those are priorities. After those things, I really need to deep clean house. I dispise dusting! This will wait until Christmas is put away. I decorate for DH. Other than outside lights, it is rare for anyone else to see inside. I would have loved to have made cookies this year, but just not high on priority list. Neither of us needs them! DH bought a bunch of chocolate candies and the chocolate dipped peanut butter crackers from a friend. By bunch I think combined over 50 dozen! He has given quite a bit away, but a bunch will go in freezer.

Tracey You are so talented. Love the stockings!

I know there was more.....

Be kind to yourselves! This is a really hard time of year for many. I take to heart the advice on saying no and keeping things simple. I just can't fathom giving up Christmas card sending which would simplify my holidays. Since each message is different it does two things for me. One is it makes me reflect on the blessings and experiences of the year. Two is that I hope it brings a smile to the recipient to know someone is thinking of them. The rest of the holiday stuffs I could do without.

Healing thoughts for those ill.

Hugs for any who need.

Admiration for all that you do!

Much love,
    Kylia in unseasonably warm Ohio (not complaining!)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,207 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Machka - I have just thrown some away that are over twelve years old. Keeping the others. The tea towel is on prominent show in my kitchen and a welcome splash of colour. I think of it like a cushion, or art work. Here are the ones I've just ordered. My accent colours are blue and pink.
    q4080g2zoufx.jpg
    Yesterday I also washed my long-neglected oven gloves and aprons. For some reason I was dirt-blind to them. ;)

Going to have an art session this afternoon.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,385 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Heather - Those are lovely. We would probably call them dish towels, but I've also heard them called kitchen towels or hand towels. Ours are gray, because my beloved husband, the mechanic, has never broken the habit of washing his hands when he comes home in the kitchen sink and drying them on the dish towel hanging over the oven door. Anything pretty, or with light colors, would get grubbed out immediately because the only way he could get every bit of his hands clean is a half-hour soak and then using a wire brush to scrub his hands with scouring powder. Not going to happen. I have dark brown bath towels for him for the same reason. Easier that way! :smiley: I wash them all in hot water whenever I run a load of hot, and don't worry about if they fade because... who cares? They were gray and brown to begin with! B)

Kylia - So well said - why is being kind to ourselves so much harder than being kind to others? All of us reach out to others with kindness and grace and love this time of year, but seem to have a hard time making sure that we're OK ourselves. It's so important that we get past feeling "self-indulgent," and understand that we need to turn the golden rule on its head. Treat ourselves as we treat others. Be kind.

Michele - Wow! Yours is one of the houses I love to drive past close to Christmas. Just stunning.

Tracey - It's really hard to pin down what to charge for something that you put that kind of time into. You might be surprised at how many people will buy something custom-made and meaningful for that kind of price. I've seen them on Etsy that are less personalized than yours and they're up in the hundred dollar range. Facebook Marketplace is still free to post, you pay only if you want to advertise. If you remember Janet, who made those beautiful beaded Christmas ornaments, she sold hers at a profit, as well. Just trust that your time is worth paying for when it is for something as beautiful as you create.

Annie - Your father's desperation to get your mother upstairs is absolutely heartbreaking. This is why it was worth putting the hospital bed into the downstairs. I hope you were all able to get some sleep. Thinking of you, sending more hugs.

More in a bit.
    Love y'all,
    Lisa