• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,936 Member
    Options
    <3
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,874 Member
    Options
    2023 December Kindness

Word of the Year: appreciate—Today I appreciate parents that raise respectful and honest children. There is a lack of that in our world that is so sad.

Meditation: daily. 18/30 (82%(started Feb)(94%,100%, 74%, 93%,100%,100%,100,100,83%
    Feeling sick all month. Colitis crap!

Recommended exercise: cardio 5 days 30 min /23
    Strength all muscles 2 x 0/8 a week
    Flexible (yoga, stretching) /8 a week 10 min
    Balance 5 days 10 min /20

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(300%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    3 months SOBER!
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 5907,(7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%—7465,100%—6328,90%—6059,87%—6458,92%,-6847,98%-84% 5882-)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 1/2 (10,00%) 50%
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 227-208—(733%,100% My mom called me for a change, 100%)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)99/96 100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,175.6,173.4, 172.2, 173.2, 173.4, 173.4 (600%) 100%,100%
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 5/23. (681%,100,100,83)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 49/12
    (100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 12/12—(100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25+25 (100%) I put the money in, but end up taking it out.
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107, 157,0,0,0,0
    500%) This has stopped. Spending too much.

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met—-99%
    July met — met 81%
    August met—met 99%
    September met——99%
    October met —90.7%
    November met—75%
    December met—

1.Spread kindness and share the December calendar with others. Sharing with my MFP friends.
    2. Contact someone you can’t be with to see how they are doing. Forgot to do this yesterday. Hope to do it today. I did this on Sunday 12/3.
    3. Offer to help someone who is facing difficulties at the moment. Helped my fellow host in learning what to do in 2 separate incidents with campers.
    4. Support a campaign, cause, or charity you really care about.
    5. Give a gift to someone who is homeless or lonely. Did not do this. No chance to.
    6. Leave a positive message for someone else to find. Did this yesterday.
    7. Give kind comments to as many people as possible today. I will try. A bit down today. Not feeling well.
    8. Do something helpful for a friend or family member. Will do!
    9. Notice when you’re hard on yourself or others and be kind instead. I will try to remember.
    10. Listen wholeheartedly to others without judging them.
    11. But an extra item and donate to a food bank.
    12. Be generous. Feed someone with food, love or kindness today.
    13. See how many be people you can smile at today.
    14. Share a happy memory or inspiring thought with a loved one.
    15. Say hello to your neighbor and brighten their day.
    16. Look for something positive to say to everyone you meet today.
    17. Give thanks. List the kind things others have done for you.
    18. Ask for help and let someone else know the how of giving.
    19. Contact someone who may be alone or feeling isolated.
    20. Help someone by giving away something you don’t need.
    21. Appreciate kindness and thank people who do things for you.
    22. Congratulate someone for an achievement that may go unnoticed.
    23. Choose to give or receive the gift of forgiveness.
    24. Bring joy to others. Share something that made you laugh.
    25. Treat everyone with kindness including yourself.
    26. Get outside, pick up litter or do something kind for nature.
    27. Call a relative who is far away to say hello and have a chat.
    28. Be kind to the planet. Eat less meat and use less energy.
    29. Turn off digital devices and really listen to people.
    30. Let someone know how much you appreciated them and why.
    31. Plan some new acts of kindness for 2024.

The results of your personality test are in. Here they are:
    Personality type: Logistician (ISTJ-T)
Traits: Introverted – 69%, Observant – 58%, Thinking – 75%, Judging – 56%, Turbulent – 54%
Role: Sentinel
Strategy: Constant Improvement
    Joined MFPL 5/26/2010
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,874 Member
    Options
    Today is:
    mtimrc6763nk.jpeg
    mb7nnbb9nxon.jpeg
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,355 Member
    Options
    Deadenddiva – welcome! Come back often

Allie – how is SMiles today????

Jess, Colby and Vince went to Waffle House. I was at work. Honestly, not that I feel I missed anything. When I got home, they weren’t home so I went for my walk. It did start to drizzle while I was out. Why didn’t I take my umbrella? Well, hopefully, it’ll be nice tomorrow so we can finish the outside decorations. Even if it is cold.

Put a load of laundry in the wash. I’m sitting here in my PJ bottoms because I was wearing jeans and I wanted to wash them. I’ll just wear these until I have to put on the elf costume.

Kylia – good luck with dh

Carol – I’m sorry for your friend

Have almost all of the shopping done except what I need to order from Amazon in the middle of the month. Mailed the Christmas cards. At least I have all the popcorn strung. Speaking of popcorn – we started putting it on the trees last night. I found that I didn’t make a tight enough knot so it kept coming undone. What a pain. Now I need to work on wrapping presents

Rita – I hope you’re feeling better soon

Need to get ready for the party.

Michele NC
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,971 Member
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    Welcomes!
    Hugs!

We ate breakfast and dinner yesterday. After breakfast, in spite of 10k steps, I really wasn't hungry again. The joints hurt today due to the salt. DH requires food, though he has to start walking more. His belly is too big for a pre-diabetic. Let's see if I can make that happen. Drinks and snacks too much. I can encourage, but can't do it for him. The thought of buying larger shirts might be his encouragement.....

Machka Love the raspberries!

<3
    Kylia not in Ohio temporarily
    dh is diabetic and has been for quiet a few years. He still snacks way too much and rarely on healthy options, eats the wrong at meal times. I try cooking healthy. Many times he says he isn't hungry when that food is ready but I see him snacking a few hours later and not usually what I cooked.
    He does not exercise at all and hasn't for the past 30 yrs almost. Most exercise is too hard for him now-double hip replacements TWICE(first set failed 4 yrs after having them) but he could do more. He has walked the wetlands with me once but has no desire to do it again.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,971 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »

If mom fell inside the house, she’s SOL. . They must be related, ughhh

DH installed cameras all over in MIL's house after she fell. He can watch her while he isn't there.A little peace of mind for him. She didn't like it at first but now she is ok with it, for the most part. There are times he has to readjust them because she turns them(says she didn't do anything). It was able to let him go back to work a few hours and be able to check on her. Sees what she is doing- like when she says she didn't eat all day but he watched her on the camera eating a few times that day.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,572 Member
    Options
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,936 Member
    Options
    :'(Beth sorry to hear about your mom <3
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Beth ~ Prayers for your mom.

Debbie ~ Beautiful tray of sweets and so prettily arranged.

Carol in GA
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Oh, Beth, I’m so sorry for your mom’s Covid and confusion. Prayers.

Today I’ve been working through my to-do list that I ignored earlier in the week. I wrapped all the presents i have in the house and made a plan to finish on Monday after my dentist appointment.

Tomorrow is my granddaughter's Christmas dance recital. I always enjoy that, but hate the 2-hr drive. I have two audio books on Libby to keep me company.

I am currently reading Breaking Free from Body Shame by Jess Connelly. I am really enjoying it. I am trying really, really hard to shift my mindset away from diet culture. It is actually helping me to make better choices and resist the urge to binge. I highly recommend it for those looking for a Christian perspective. If that is not your thing, just keep on scrolling.

Annie, we got my dad a stand assist, too. It was more like human hand trucks. Yours sounds slightly different. It was good for him after his hip surgery because his upper body strength was still excellent.