WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,250 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Michele - You look great in your elf costume! :D The trees are amazing! I'm curious, do you still really enjoy doing them?

Is it Linda with the village? The greenhouse is so sweet! :)<3 You will enjoy adding to the village over time.
    I love miniature worlds. I made a whole dolls' house once, and then wrote my very first children's book about it. It was the start of a whole new career. I love toy cars, people, animals, train sets etc, but I don't have many, because I try to keep my possessions to a minimum. I often fantasise about getting some though. Properly contained and displayed, I think it would be OK. I'm still thinking about retrieving my mini Santons from the garage loft for Christmas.

I'm feeling so much better and completed all my exercises. Ginny, do you have something similar? Do you feel nauseous and achy? <3

Now I'm popping out to get a bit of shopping.
    We are totally out of cold meat and smoked salmon.
    Or I was. Now it's raining. Might go later this afternoon.

Hoping to experiment with some soft pastel art this afternoon. Many , many years since I've tried, but I kept the boxes.

Tonight is sea bass, roasted cauliflower, and sauce vierge.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,922 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Some of our trees. I'll post the rest after they are finished being decorated
    The disney and Charlie Brown tree that rotates

o21p2271uqm2.jpg

The Christmas Vacation and M&M tree. It rotates. I made the tree skirt

9sa5gag1opvw.jpg

The Charlie Brown tree: (I just thought it was cute)

7ur9fayaqxeb.jpg

Our Main tree. This was my first attempt at crochet (probably about 25+ years ago)

fepn6tdh5etc.jpg

Our small tree. I made the tree skirt. Vince made the ceramic tree (it's 3 separate pieces)

urv5f2i2qy7c.jpg

I also strung all this popcorn. Remember that I'd start in May so that I can do it on my deck? Well, this is the result.

Michele NC

Pretty ... and so many! You must have a huge house!

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,922 Member
    Options
    I did eat the mushroom omelette, though I probably shouldn't have. Ended up with stomach ache. I'm really bloated.

Much love to all. I hope I can sleep tonight!
    Heather UK xxxxxxxx

If I ate a mushroom omelette, I'd have more than a stomach ache, I'd be sick!

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,187 Member
    Options
    (((Lanette)))
    Beth: Sorry that your mom has Covid. I hope it’s a very mild case. Later. She fell? Glad to hear that there were no breakages.
    Heather: Glad to know you are on the mend. I thoroughly endorse what you said about distancing from toxic people in our lives.
    Pip: I also had to distance myself from my mother. Long story, but she was a bitter, unhappy person, and I often bore the brunt of her anger. In retrospect, I do think she had horrendous PMT in the days when it wasn’t recognised, and my father wasn’t as supportive as he could have been. I feel a sadness for her. Her life wasn’t easy.
    DrKatie: Once I started focusing on being fit and healthy, rather than weight loss, life became much easier. And incidentally, the weight kept dropping anyway, until it levelled out below my original UGW. go figure 😝

Having a restful day after my busy week. DH is out walking with DYD and her dog. We will Skype with the family after lunch. One more busy week and then a few weeks off from my volunteer work.

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,723 Member
    Options
    Lisa- good Idea and I don't think its morbid at all.
    Nobody is perfect,but I aldo feel that if I passed today,that I have done everything and I tell everyone that I love them all the time.
    I have no regrets.
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,409 Member
    Options
    Heather - Love it! Your ability to capture perspective and light gets better with every piece.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,874 Member
    Options
    2023 December Kindness

Word of the Year: appreciate—Today I appreciate teachers.

Meditation: daily. 18/30 (82%(started Feb)(94%,100%, 74%, 93%,100%,100%,100,100,83%
    Feeling sick all month. Colitis crap!

Recommended exercise: cardio 5 days 30 min /23
    Strength all muscles 2 x 0/8 a week
    Flexible (yoga, stretching) /8 a week 10 min
    Balance 5 days 10 min /20

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(300%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    3 months SOBER!
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 5907,(7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%—7465,100%—6328,90%—6059,87%—6458,92%,-6847,98%-84% 5882-)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 1/2 (10,00%) 50%
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 227-208—(733%,100% My mom called me for a change, 100%)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)99/96 100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,175.6,173.4, 172.2, 173.2, 173.4, 173.4 (600%) 100%,100%
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 5/23. (681%,100,100,83)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 49/12
    (100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 12/12—(100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25+25 (100%) I put the money in, but end up taking it out.
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107, 157,0,0,0,0
    500%) This has stopped. Spending too much.

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met—-99%
    July met — met 81%
    August met—met 99%
    September met——99%
    October met —90.7%
    November met—75%
    December met—

1.Spread kindness and share the December calendar with others. Sharing with my MFP friends.
    2. Contact someone you can’t be with to see how they are doing. Forgot to do this yesterday. Hope to do it today. I did this on Sunday 12/3.
    3. Offer to help someone who is facing difficulties at the moment. Helped my fellow host in learning what to do in 2 separate incidents with campers.
    4. Support a campaign, cause, or charity you really care about.
    5. Give a gift to someone who is homeless or lonely. Did not do this. No chance to.
    6. Leave a positive message for someone else to find. Did this yesterday.
    7. Give kind comments to as many people as possible today. I will try. A bit down today. Not feeling well.
    8. Do something helpful for a friend or family member. Will do!
    9. Notice when you’re hard on yourself or others and be kind instead. I will try to remember.
    10. Listen wholeheartedly to others without judging them. I need to learn to do this more.
    11. But an extra item and donate to a food bank.
    12. Be generous. Feed someone with food, love or kindness today.
    13. See how many be people you can smile at today.
    14. Share a happy memory or inspiring thought with a loved one.
    15. Say hello to your neighbor and brighten their day.
    16. Look for something positive to say to everyone you meet today.
    17. Give thanks. List the kind things others have done for you.
    18. Ask for help and let someone else know the how of giving.
    19. Contact someone who may be alone or feeling isolated.
    20. Help someone by giving away something you don’t need.
    21. Appreciate kindness and thank people who do things for you.
    22. Congratulate someone for an achievement that may go unnoticed.
    23. Choose to give or receive the gift of forgiveness.
    24. Bring joy to others. Share something that made you laugh.
    25. Treat everyone with kindness including yourself.
    26. Get outside, pick up litter or do something kind for nature.
    27. Call a relative who is far away to say hello and have a chat.
    28. Be kind to the planet. Eat less meat and use less energy.
    29. Turn off digital devices and really listen to people.
    30. Let someone know how much you appreciated them and why.
    31. Plan some new acts of kindness for 2024.

The results of your personality test are in. Here they are:
    Personality type: Logistician (ISTJ-T)
Traits: Introverted – 69%, Observant – 58%, Thinking – 75%, Judging – 56%, Turbulent – 54%
Role: Sentinel
Strategy: Constant Improvement
    Joined MFPL 5/26/2010