WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Kelly ~ Great news cast about the egg carton project and all that you do for the children!

Carol in GA
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,644 Member
    Options
    I love the TV clip Kelly!!!! you did not babble! or sound like a crazy person letting kids play with trash LOL
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,626 Member
    Options
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,997 Member
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: »
    We each have cell phones but we depend on our land line because we tend to never hear the cell phone ring. Must say we get a lot of spam calls but our carrier has gotten good about showing that it is spam. We use the cell phones to text and to receive codes to get to online accounts.

Kim ~ I know you are very busy but I guess it will keep your income going well. Try to find a bit of time to relax a tiny bit.

Your advice to Lanette to use the pipes to catch rain run offs sounds good.

Pip ~ I agree with the others that you really have a talent for decorating.

I have gotten bummed out with Walmart. Ordered an electric frying pan for my son. It seemed very expensive ($100+ to get it mailed). They did not ship it until a few weeks after it was ordered and then they sent an email saying it had been delivered. Only problem was that it was not there (porch pirates or USPS drivers not delivering to right address). Complained to Walmart and they were absolutely no good about getting me a refund. Ordered the exact same thing from Amazon and it was $50 cheaper and arrived within days. Guess I learned my lesson!

Carol in GA

When the cc bill comes, deny the charges, explain to them that you never received it and Walmart is not working with you to fix the problem

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    KJ – absolutely wonderful TV clip. The only bad part is that it doesn’t cover all the other wonderful things you do for the kids. You certainly didn’t sound like a crazy person

Lanette – you have a really wonderful take on exercise. I do find that when I walk outdoors, I feel – for lack of a better word – happy. Invigorated. I really like walking outdoors. Only there are sometimes when I just can’t (like if it’s raining out).

I’m trying putting the cardboard on my windshield. We shall see how it goes tomorrow morning.

Michele NC
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,387 Member
    Options
    Kelly - that does it. I want to be one of your kids and spend days with that wonderful lady who builds spaceships! You were beautiful and very articulate. Loved that little sweetie you were holding and the happy kid noises in the background. We are all very proud of you!! <3

Lanette B)
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Kelly - that does it. I want to be one of your kids and spend days with that wonderful lady who builds spaceships! You were beautiful and very articulate. Loved that little sweetie you were holding and the happy kid noises in the background. We are all very proud of you!! <3

Lanette B)

Ditto! My husband and I both watched the clip. You're liable to have a kabillion egg cartons before you're done! You looked wonderful, very put together, and they did a good job of editing the kid clatter down to the point where you could be heard. :wink: Well done, Kelly!
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Thank you for all of the condolences on my grandmother passing. I should have noted that she passed away in 1995. I was mainly commenting about how staying active is so important to physically aging well. Her cabin had no running water and no electricity. She had to work a large pump on the sink in the kitchen to get water. She had a garden every year, she foraged for everything you can imagine on 160 acres that she owned at the cabin. All kinds of mushrooms, but mainly Morel mushrooms, all kinds of berries, apples, maple sap/maple syrup, ramps...She would can/freeze goods for herself and family, make maple syrup and maple candies/sugar, and then sell the rest of the goods in town. She made a good living off her land. She also had a doe and buck permit and also a bear and an elk permit. When she was in her 20s, she was the first woman in Michigan to get an elk permit and shoot an elk. lol She was a go-getter for sure. I wish I had known her as a more mature adult; I was 28 when she passed away.
    Here is that news segment about the egg carton spaceship. I sound like a crazy person who lets kids play with trash. :D
    ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

So great Kelly! You sound like a natural in front of the camera!🤗💖👍🏼
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,041 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) One of the best decisions we ever made was to get rid of our land line. Cell phones are easy to turn on and off or silence. Annoying numbers can be blocked and they are useful for so many other things

Yes!

During the 2009 bushfire in Victoria Australia, my husband was able to keep communicating with me (I was in Canada) using his mobile phone ... the landline system had burnt up and didn't exist anymore. IIRC the government handed out mobile phones or gave out vouchers for them or something during that time.

I'd rather have my mobile phone in an emergency situation.

And I do get a few spam calls on my mobile but I don't answer the phone unless I know the number. So I don't hear the spam calls.

Regarding hearing my phone ... it sits right in front of me most of the time. It's on vibrate so it rattles a bit when there is a call. Chances are I won't answer anyway but I know to check if there's a message.

M in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,246 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Kelly: You come across as innovative and inspirational, going above and beyond mere childcare. Any kid who gets into your childcare is extremely lucky. Heck! I’d like to be there 😂

Getting ready to go out to craft this morning. Then going to see one of my Monday Painters who isn’t able to come to the group any more because if ill health.

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • Machka9
    edited December 2023
    Options
    What to know about dehydration and joint pain
    People with conditions such as arthritis may experience more discomfort in their joints if they are dehydrated.

This article discusses dehydration and joint pain, including definitions, how dehydration may cause joint pain, other causes of joint pain, and treatment.

How can dehydration affect the joints?
    Because water makes up as much as 80% of cartilage, dehydration can have a large impact on the function of cartilage.

To work properly, cartilage needs plenty of water. The water within cartilage is essential for supporting its structure. Water also provides a medium through which different molecules within the cartilage can travel.

Cartilage reduces the friction between the bones that joints connect. If cartilage is not healthy, the increased friction in the joints may lead to joint pain.

Water also flushes toxins out of the body. This can reduce inflammation, which may also prevent or decrease joint pain.

This is especially true for people with arthritis, a condition that causes joint swelling or inflammation. Dehydration may worsen arthritis symptoms and lead to flare-ups of specific forms of arthritis, such as gout.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/dehydration-joint-pain#dehydration-and-joints

Machka in Oz

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,297 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    KJ - It was wonderful to see you in the clip! :D<3 I thought you had a great mix of sensible, caring, and creative. Just what all kids need. :p

I had a pretty sleepless night, with a bit of back ache, I read, and meditated, but I was glad when I could legitimately get up and take John a cup of tea.
    I decided to forgo the rower this morning, but did the cycling and the floor work etc. My back seems to be improving. Did my writing/editing.
    Not sure what to do about picking up Bea, as it is raining hard out there. We may take the car. If we can't park, one of us can stay with it and the other go in to collect her. We will have to check if the front garden is free at my son's as I don't think he has spare parking vouchers.

Rosemary - I have every sympathy with you. Just, please, do not feel bad about feeling bad. It is only to be expected in your circumstances. Eventually you will surface from the depression, but what you are going through is perfectly natural and normal. We are here for you to tell us how hard it is, and yes, it is. Plus, this time of year can be really, really difficult. We are all sending you love. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Good start this month!

7dxol25xhpgc.png

lygashvjnsb9.png

Last 90 days

koe13r4o9iav.png

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9