WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,951 Member
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Michele-I agree with you about being upset someone posted your phone number in a public forum without your permission. However, the people who rely on landlines are pretty much becoming the n the minority-cell phones are the legitimate alternative if not the only means of contact. We got rid of our landline 9 or so years ago. We couldn't see spending the money for both services.

Lisa-thanks for handling-I think I am going to copy and save the instructions! And yes-I was asking about heating for the sun room. Propane stove sounds like perfect solution!

Pip-you come up with the coolest decorating ideas.

At this early hour it seems that stomach stuff has calmed down. At least those body aches have subsided and I haven't had the "pins and needles" pain in stomach for a while. A bit of restless sleep last night as it was leaving. If you ladies get any symptoms-please learn from Heather and I-rest and let yourself heal. Work colleague said he still wasn't feeling 100% after 4 days of it (but then, no one ever got a cold as bad as my husband :D

Will leave work early today to make up on things I missed doing yesterday. Need to have a monthly meeting with a staff member (should not be fun) and quick meeting with my executive team-mainly giving them Christmas presents since I will be out until 21st. Tomorrow I get a massage at 11. DIL pushed it-said it may help with some of the arthritis pain (but won't hurt). Also, hotel has indoor pool and I am hoping a hot tub. Have dinner with brothers Tuesday evening and lunch with two coworkers (actually bosses, but we are also friends) for our birthdays on Wednesday-then pick up kids at airport!

Need to get stretches in-missed them for two days while sick.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

I keep talking to dh about dropping our landline- no one we want to talk to ever calls on it. Huge waste of money.
    For mom, cell service is spotty at best where she is so she depends on her landline and it has been terrible since the fires a few years ago(two years in a row the big fires came very close to their house, the last one was right across the street at the neighbors back door and behind them. It was so hot, it warped the roof of my parents green houses.- anyways- mom was without land line for months at a time at least 2 times that I know of, other times, weeks without it. Winter time is the worst- water is getting in the line or something. They have come out to repair it and it is good a week or so then bad. She now has the direct line to the guy that worked on it the last time.
    I wish she could drop it- the spam callers are terrible. Worse than at our house.

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Betsy - glad to hear your sis and her husband will be visiting for Christmas. BIL rebuilding your stairs sounds like a great Christmas present! <3

Ginny- glad you are feeling better. A massage sounds great and can't hurt.

Sue - I am so happy you mentioned the stall pellets - I stopped in at Tractor Supply this morning and will get a bag of them for the run - I didn't have the Sube and no way I was lifting 40# out of the trunk of the car. I think they'll be fine. Give the girls something to scratch around in and can kind of turn into soil.

Pip
    - do you think you were an interior decorator in a previous life? You and Kirby sure have an eye for it.

Heather - so sorry to hear about your friend's granddaughter and diabetes. Sounds like she'll be in good care.

Vickie - hope you are on the road to recovery. Some of these bugs seem hard to shake. So happy to see you back with us!! <3

Michele and KJ - I'm with you keeping a landline. In my case, it's the "junk collector" phone number that I give out when I have to give a number I hope no one ever calls, knowing it could spark another rash of telemarketers. I rarely get calls on my cell - only a few people have that number, sometimes texts - mostly use it to check emails and messaging when I'm in town if I'm expecting something. And I have it for emergencies. People know to email or message me as I check this often throughout the day. Otherwise, I often forget to turn the cell on. :p Someone once told me after years of working at 911 and as a receptionist answering phone calls all day at other jobs, I'll never want to talk on the phone again. I think they were right. Of course, everyone has different phones for different reasons, so whatever works for us is great! ;)

Lanette B)
    Damp and Foggy SW WA State

• SophieRosieMom
    Options
    MFP Weekly Check-in for December 11, 2023

Debbie in Napa Valley, CA -Finally weighed this morning- 152.6 Nice to see it going back down, even after over a week of non stop candy making and not weighing for the past couple weeks.

Rita in Roswell NM - Lost 2 pounds this week. Hope it keeps going in that direction!

Lanette in SW WA State – again, weight holding very steady in the healthy range. Still daily walking with weights three times a day after meals, eating protein first at each meal whenever possible. Nuts are my go-to snack.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

I am working on Christmas gift ideas for friends and relatives from me and from Mom. I try not to eat candy so I feel awkward giving it, but Mom seems to think it's the default this year.

Mom is mostly keeping up, her decline is very slow. She is still going up the stairs at night. She keeps asking about getting rid of the hospital bed.

I think I volunteered to do a Christmas breakfast at our house. I said we could have some pastries. Which means coffee and tea and maybe an egg casserole thingie. It really is our turn, and mom can't go anywhere, and it can't be as hard as I fear.

Anyway today I just have to order presents.

Have a great day,
    Annie in Delaware

I wanna come
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • SophieRosieMom
    Options
    Kim -You are a peach!! I saw those straw tubes when I was online the other day.... I see H Depot has them, I will pick up a roll to have on hand. I was thinking as I cleaned out some stinky heavy wet straw from their run yesterday.... sandbags might have worked, but they are so heavy and where would I store them? Thanks so much for reminding me! <3

Also, you're right on the money about Landlines and Cells with Earthquakes. When our area had the Nisqually earthquake, the cell service was "out of whack" for several hours - our 911 Center was getting calls for Seattle and we're 100 miles south. Either the towers were out of true or the central phone company office was simply overwhelmed. It could happen again.

Carol - what a mess with Walmart. Did you put it on a credit card? If so, maybe they can help.

Lanette B)
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 6min 16sec, 52elev, 2.88ap, 82ahr, 133mhr, 6.15mi= 615c
    Strava app = 753c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats- 1hr 5min 31sec, 807elev, 123aw, 18.3amph, 106ahr, 132mhr, 20.01mi= 477c
    Strava app= 461c
    Zwift stats- 1hr 5min 33sec, 809elev, 123aw, 68arpm, 18.31amph, 20mi= 462c

Total cal 1092
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,118 Member
    Options
    KJ: Sincere Condolences for the loss of your grandma. Sounds like she passed happy, doing something she loved.

Annie: A Christmas breakfast is a good option.

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri