WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Gratitudes:
    Wednesday: Technician fixed the oven! Happy cookie-baking dance!!!
    Ack I’m a week behind in my accountability stats and in reading. Will catch up one day at a time…

Barbie :love: the pic of best friends Annie and Bessie.
    Rebecca Mama organized her photo albums and tossed a lot of old photos she thought I wouldn’t be interested in. Afraid my grief was obvious. There where photos of her as a young woman, papa as a young sailor, me as a toddler, that I remembered from playing with the photo albums, that are gone forever. :cry: Your boys might not be so sentimental ;}
    Lanette usually it’s my knees that out predict the weatherman, not the shin… ;) What sad news about your sister’s DIL. A hard holiday for the family.
    Laurie Next time you head through on your way to Florence, PM me and we can meet for a stroll at Lone Ranch if the tide’s out...
    Lisa thanks for the β€œbook of Kel’s…’ ;)
    Heather whatever is Johnny’s magic potion?
    Pip, yay Yogi!!!
    OK that’s it for now. Only through pg 15. More later.
    12/5: Move: ZERO sets PT. , Steps:8293
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=-41, CI<CO net=-218 . , vits=.5
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, Winco, Ahuva, See’s, Trader Joe’s, Oral Surgeon, WalMart Wt: 129.9
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    December: Move more: chair yoga, line dance, dailyish PT, play with dogs.
    Fuel better: less sugar, CI<CO, dailyish vitamins.
    Live NOW: dailyish time with Joe, readings, meditate 3 minutes/day. Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2023: Be of good cheer.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,625 Member
    Options
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,861 Member
    Options
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,240 Member
    Options
    Rebecca: Well Done! Middle son!
    Tracey: πŸŽ‰ Bravo πŸŽ‰ on the presentation

πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€— and πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ» for those who need them.

πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,296 Member
    Options
    Annie - Cut what you have to do to the bare minimum. One small 'stocking present' each will suffice. Amazon have loads of suggestions. Get food delivered. Get ready prepared stuff for your meals. Christmas TV dinners? You are carrying such a heavy load.
    Would people at your dad's church help out? Someone might be delighted to shop, or make a dish or two. Now is the time to ask for help and lean on people.

Heard a Clutterbug video about last minute presents from Amazon. I went online and bought the 'lying duck' nightlight for Max. As an early teenager, he does a lot of lying down. 'I'm tired!' It is rechargeable and also acts as a phone holder. He is getting two books, chosen by John, and cash, but I couldn't resist the duck! :p

John is making the bread sauce this afternoon.

We have roasted butternut squash for dinner, which John is kindly peeling and cutting up for us. Broccoli. And skinless, boneless, chicken thighs, roasted with mini chorizo. Yum.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Annie - Good to see you, dear heart, sorry things are piling up on your mind and heart, I know it's hard. Gentle hugs, held extra long. Hope your sister can get there soon and you can get a break. Heather had some great suggestions for you.

Heather - I'm more on your side than your husband's. I'm always amazed by folks like John and KJ who have endless patience with children. I simply don't. Corey has it too, at much more of an extent than I do. Post a picture of your minimalist Christmas baubles with them lit up! Sounds lovely and serene, as your decorations usually are. How is your friend's granddaughter? Hope you and your son have shaken the remainder of the virus.

Tracey - It's good to see you. Glad you trusted your instincts on the presentation. Knowing when it's not quite right is a gift, but can be exhausting! Proud of that for you.

Machka - And that's why you got your job, because you're so good at what you do! Hope your database is a raging success and well rewarded.

Rebecca - So pleased about your middle son's graduation, and love knowing that your heart lifts every time your youngest (and oldest) call. In the case of the younger, it is partially a benefit of the long, painful separation, but it was an awful long time wandering in the wilderness before finding the promise of the new connection.

Barbara AHMOD - So pleased your oven is fixed, and in time for Christmas!

Luannelizabeth -
    Logging food holds many, many benefits beyond just totting up your calories. It is always an eye-opener for me how much I've been lying to myself about my intake, as it's really easy to underestimate calories. Finding the truth is always a shock. I always log for a week without trying to change my eating habits, but find that simply knowing I have to write it down will prevent me from eating a lot of different things. Logging makes you own your food intake, stop lying to yourself, understand how much your outgo (exercise) affects your calorie intake, and see how to balance your protein/carbs/fat intake in healthier ways, before you ever start trying to restrict your calories. The keys are absolute honesty, measuring every bite and crumb, and precision--a kitchen scale is a cheap way to keep yourself honest.

Rosemarie - As others have said, the fatigue could be driven by grief, or covid, or the early darkness of winter. Just don't beat up on yourself or expect more of yourself than you can give right now. It really is OK to sit down, or nap. Think of it as medicine for what ails you.

Lanette - I'm so sorry about those young men. It's terrible anytime, but it does seem worse at this time of year. Glad you had a lovely sunny day - we're supposed to have a few in a row, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Pip - The fingernails are spiffy, and so is the outside shelf!

Allie - Cats always know! They would walk right past me to get to my ex-husband, who was terribly allergic, as well.

On scams - Be very careful of buying gift cards, particularly at Walmart and Target, for gifts for Christmas. Scammers have figured out how to drain the cards online by snapping a picture of the barcodes in the store, or to spend them ahead of time, while leaving the card intact and back on the display. The scammers are getting ahead of the security designs, and it's getting worse and not better.

More later, my chickens,
    Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    :)Annie, many hugs to you <3 You have gotten good ideas from others. Simplify, less is more, do the best you can, come from a place of love. Keep all of us in your heart and your head. Take it one day at a time.

<3 Barbie