Replies

• daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    AlphaHowls wrote: »
    Go ahead, ask me how I feel!
    I got to hug my mother today!
    nqckken0x0ur.jpg

Still snotty, but my sleep is better and my heart rate is coming back into the 40's!

LOVE THIS NEWS!!!! Also so smart for you to keep an eye on that heart rate. That always tells me just how healthy my innards truly are.
    I totally agree on the heart rate issue! Amazing as to how it creeps up when I’m sick, like with a flu or sinus infection.

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,979 Member
    Options
    @shanaber Thanks for the explanation about the canal. I wonder why they didn't fix it so that they could reuse the water somehow. I'm sorry that your last treatment was so hard on you. I hope you start to feel better soon. I'll let you know if I decide to join RTY again. If I do, I would need a team too.

You're welcome @tarun_yadavA . I'm sorry to hear that you sprained your ankle. I hope the heat and ice are all it needs. Please don't go out and run on it too soon. An extra day of rest is better than extra recovery due to making it worse. Of course, I'm sure you will "feel it" if it isn't ready to be run on. You did great this year, esp with the knee injury thrown in there.

@emptydog I didn't know that you had your aortic valve replaced this year. Did they do it as an open heart surgery, or through the artery? I'm asking because I had to have an aortic aneurysm repaired (removed and replaced) in Jan of 2021. It was open heart. The surgeon told me that if my valve wears out, due to being bicuspid instead of tricuspid, that he could do it through the artery somehow. I'm really impressed that you ran that far after being out with the surgery.
  • emptydog
    emptydog Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo They went in through the artery. I had it done at Strong Hospital in Rochester NY. It was quite uneventful and everything went smoothly. I have fallen twice since getting it when racing, once going unconscious and having a concussion, needing eleven stitches in my head, and now having a kind of droopy eyelid and a scar on my forehead. I didn't mention this in my previous post because I felt it was long and unnecessary.

The pacemaker surgery went well, but with that, I can no longer go through metal detectors and can't have one of the metal detecting wands used on me. I have to request that I be patted down if need be. I have an ID card that says that as well as having an 800 number to call if needed. The pacemaker records my heart and I have a box next to my bed that downloads my heart rhythm from the day and at night the box sends it to the doctor. I went for a checkup last month and they had the history of my heart and said all was fine. One more visit this year, and then I only have to go back once each year. The pacemaker is more of a hassle than the valve
    replacement.

If you have any questions or I can be of help, just let me know.
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    My treatment this week really knocked me down so I haven't been able to do much of anything. I think I am done for the year and will focus now on kicking off 2024.

I posted in the January thread that I signed up for run the year again. I will be starting out slow as soon as I am able and will then be ramping up. I am not expecting to hit 2024 miles so if anyone else is joining and wants to form a team let me know.

@shanaber I’d very much like to team with you for the “run the year 2024.” Please tell me how I can sign up or please post a link for me to sign up with. Thanks!! 😀

@quilteryoyo do please join us 😀

Sorry to hear your treatment wore you out @shanaber. Hopefully you’ll feel better soon. ((Hug))
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Ugh, life got in the way and I'm 85 posts behind so will just say well done everyone and see you next year!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Great job @Laurz9191!!