❤️⭐️2024 Weekly Weigh-in Challenge⭐️❤️

Options
jm216
jm216 Posts: 3,761 Member
Happy 2024 to you!
Welcome to our weekly weigh in challenge!

2024 is about you and creating your personal goals toward weight loss and wellbeing. We are here to join you on your journey and encourage and support you.

You can start now or wait until January. Latecomers can jump in and join the challenge any time this year.

I will also post a monthly challenge as well, so feel free free to join that as well.

Here is to a healthy and happy 2024!

Jill🥰

Replies

• jm216
    Options
    Tell us about yourself and set your goals for January. Choose the best day for you to weigh- in. I like Wednesdays since I’m not working, and I always include the first and last day of the month. You can copy and paste my format or create your own:

Hello, I’m Jill. 🥰I’m 53, 5’7” and I live in Michigan.

My goals for January :
    ⚖️Weigh- in daily/ weekly
    📝Log daily
    🙆‍♀️Stretch daily/ Exercise 3x per week- starting at 15-20 minutes of beginner dance workouts
    Get back down to under 200 pounds

Starting weight January 1st:
    Jan 1
    Jan 3
    Jan 10
    Jan 17
    Jan 31
    Total weight lost in January:

Jill🥰
  • jm216
    Options
    Hello, I'm Stormy. I'm a 73-year-old grandfather from Eastern Washington State. I'm 5'4" tall and my claim is that I am not too heavy, I'm just too short. I am looking forward to posting with this group as we work on moving our height and weight in a healthy normal direction.

See you all back here on Jan 1st.

Welcome Stormy! You sound like an amazingly funny grandpa. So glad you’ve joined.
  • ManifestingToday
    ManifestingToday Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a 50+ yo married female, 5'6", and tired of looking and feeling like I do. I’m making changes to get out of the Obese category, to look good in my clothing, and to have confidence in public again.

Looking forward to kicking off January with this challenge.
  • jm216
    Options
    Hi, I'm a 50+ yo married female, 5'6", and tired of looking and feeling like I do. I’m making changes to get out of the Obese category, to look good in my clothing, and to have confidence in public again.

Looking forward to kicking off January with this challenge.

Glad to see you here, too!
  • Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 390 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Thanks so much for starting this challenge, Jill!

Hello everyone, I’m Carole🕊️ I’m 65, 5’3” and I live alone in Metro Boston, Massachusetts, still working full time at Mass General Brigham Personalized Medicine in Cambridge. My all-time highest weight was 217 lbs. on Leap Year Day in 2008. I plan to get back down to goal weight range of 132-141 lbs. in 2024, hopefully by Leap Year Day of this year, February 29, 2024! Please note: 141 is upper limit of " normal" BMI for my height, according to NIH at this link: https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

My goals for January are as follows:

1) Weigh-in weekly on Sundays, beginning New Year's Eve, 12/31/23 and report here.

2) Log daily on MFP: (food/water/activity/sobriety)

3) NO alcoholic beverages!🍷🍸🍺🥃

4) Exercise at least 5x per week for at least 30 minutes per session, including walking ~4mph, Zumba and other dance workouts and beginner strength training at least twice per week for at least 15 minutes per session.

5) Lose at least 5 lbs.

Start weight will be on Sunday, 12/31/2023, posting on these dates:

DEC 31:
    JAN 07:
    JAN 14:
    JAN 21
    JAN 28:
    JAN 31:

I'll be back this Sunday - breast wishes to all!💕
  • PoppyMoss
    PoppyMoss Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a 67-year-old, 5'7" Grandma from Indiana that needs this challenge desperately! Currently weighing around 215.
    My goals for January:
    Walk daily at least 3 miles per day
    Do weight training
    Log my food into My Fitness Pal
    Drink my water
    Looking forward to being accountable.
  • judefit1
    judefit1 Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Hi- joining for 2024! I'm 66, 5' 1", been as high as 160 and appear to be heading there again if I don't make this change.
    CW 146
    GW 125-130, maintaining under 130.

I was there in summer 2022, want to be there in summer 2024, losing 2-4 lbs/mo. I want to change my habits even more than losing the weight- evening eating has been my downfall. I will weigh in on Mondays starting 1/1/24. Hope that will keep me accountable on weekends!

Goal for January:
    kill the after dinner cravings
    no wine except when out
    keep up workouts and water
    get on the scale every day; log once a week.

1/1/24
    1/8
    1/15
    1/22 (away)
    1/29

Happy to have this challenge, thank you!
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm Darlene and I am in another group that Jill has. Retired, 63-year-old. Married (Greg), one adult daughter (Allyson), and one goldendoodle (Monty).

My Goals for 2024

⚖️ Get to my Ideal weight - another 24 pounds
    👣 Log 2,024 miles n 2024 (I count all steps towards this goal - not just intentional miles)
    📝 Log Daily
    🥗 Stay under my calorie range
    💪 Strength Train 3 days per week
    🧘‍♀️ Tai Chi or Yoga 1 day per week
    💦 6+ glasses of water

👣 📝 🥗 💪 🧘‍♀️ 💦

Highest Weight 228
    December Ending Weight 164

Since March I have been writing a montly reflection - this month - reflected on the year. Thought I would share as my introduction.

2023 Reflection

What a year it has been. In January my husband went back to work on a temporary assignment for six months. It was the first time in my life that I was alone most of the day. I thought it was the perfect time for me to focus on me for a change and vowed to lose weight, get healthy, give up some bad habits, and exercise. I started walking every day and found a tracker to record my yearly miles. I started with a goal of 1,960 miles in 2023. My weight loss goal was to get out of the obese category – which would mean about 60 pounds. When Greg’s assignment was over, I was worried that I would fall back into the old routine – but happily he not only supported my quest to get healthy, he joined me every day for my AM walk (weather permitting)!

Since moving to East Hampton 20 years ago, I have had this thought about walking the entirety of the Airline trail from East Hampton to Willimantic. I also thought this was the perfect opportunity for me to accomplish that. I started the trek on January 23. I posted my intention on Facebook to keep me accountable and blogged about my daily adventures. I completed the 62-mile journey on February 22, averaging a little over 2.5 miles per day and lost 14 pounds in the process. I thought, “what now”?

I found My Fitness Pal and started tracking my daily calories. This wasn’t motivating enough, so found the challenges forum on the site and thought let’s give it a try. I was addicted. I joined many challenges on the site – too many. I have my favorites – two that are competition based, The Biggest Loser Challenge and the Hogwarts Challenge. They make losing weight and exercising fun. I liked them so much that I became a co-captain of the BLC challenge. I chose this one because Hogwarts is too creative for my mathematical brain to be a leader - LOL. I also am fond of a couple others (Fat to Fit and the 5% challenges) which are a lot less intense. The last two tend to overlap with my favorites, so aren’t too hard to manage. I am also in a support group, for friendship and encouragement. I know it seems like a lot – but I love it, it keeps me motivated, and most importantly they are working for me!

In October I met my 60-pound loss goal, and I added a new goal, another 28 pounds to get in the ideal range. I have lost 64 pounds so far, another 24 to go to meet my goal. I met my 1,960 miles in 2023 goal in October, upped the goal to 2,023 and met that in November. I ended the year with a little over 2,500 miles.

What are my plans for 2024?
    • Starting the year with a 10K walk in January 1
    • I will reach my goal weight – hoping by my birthday in August; then the maintenance period – which I’m thinking will be just as hard, if not harder.
    • I am continuing with my groups on My Fitness Pal.
    • I am also feeling very nostalgic and decided to do the Airline Trail again – this time Greg is joining me. Can’t wait – he is a little under the weather at the moment – will start when he is healthy.
    • I signed up for the 2,024 miles in 2024. I was going to change to intentional walking only, but the 2,023 routine worked for me so I’m going to do the same for 2024.
    • I am going to focus a little more on nutrition this year, not just calories-in, calories-out. I think in the beginning of the year I will just monitor it – see how close I am to getting my recommended macronutrients goals, then adjust as I become more familiar with it.
    • Try to get at least 6 glasses of water in.
    • Strength train 3 days/week, flex 1 day.
    • Read a little more.
    • Have some fun.
  • Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 390 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Just noticed my unfortunate typo from my last post, LOL! (Darned autocorrect!)

Happy New Year's Eve everyone!

Start weight for this Sunday, 12/31/2023, I will be posting on these dates:

DEC 31: 146.2
    JAN 07:
    JAN 14:
    JAN 21
    JAN 28:
    JAN 31:
    Total weight lost in January: 0 lbs. (so far)

In order to assure accountability, I will post a screenshot of the stats from my scale app taken from my Sunday morning weigh-ins:
    kuze5cukxs65.png
    I'll be back next Sunday - best wishes to all for a very happy, healthy and prosperous New Year!💕
  • iLive2Walk
    Options
    8o8hlypovhd2.png

Happy New Year's everyone! Hope all your aspirations come true.
  • iLive2Walk
    edited January 1
    Options
    Hello I'm Darlene and I am in another group that Jill has. Retired, 63-year-old. Married (Greg), one adult daughter (Allyson), and one goldendoodle (Monty).

My Goals for 2024

⚖️ Get to my Ideal weight - another 24 pounds
    👣 Log 2,024 miles n 2024 (I count all steps towards this goal - not just intentional miles)
    📝 Log Daily
    🥗 Stay under my calorie range
    💪 Strength Train 3 days per week
    🧘‍♀️ Tai Chi or Yoga 1 day per week
    💦 6+ glasses of water

Highest Weight 228
    December Ending Weight 164

I'll weigh in on Saturdays to be on the same day as my other challenges (and the last day of the month).

Jan 1: 163.8 Happy New Year!
    Jan 6:
    Jan 13:
    Jan 20:
    Jan 27:
    Jan 31:

Total weight lost in January: .2

• helen79uk
    helen79uk Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Helen. 44. 5'8. Back on here yet again after struggling to motivate myself.

My Goals for 2024:
    📝 Log Daily
    🏊‍♀️ Swim 3x per week
    🏋🏻‍♀️ Strength train 2x per week
    🧥 New wardrobe by August

Highest Weight 231
    Goal Weight 160

Weigh in day: Mondays plus first & last day of month.

Jan 1: 217
    Jan 8:
    Jan 15:
    Jan 22:
    Jan 29:
    Jan 31:

Total weight lost in 2024:
  • elle_321
    elle_321 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Elaine from Australia, I am 55 years old, reached my goal of 65kg in 2019 before having 2 major surgeries, one to remove a brain tumour which was followed by 4 months of steroid medication, the 2nd surgery in 2021 for a knee replacement. Both caused significant weight gain and I have been struggling since to get back to my goal weight.

Current weight 76.8kg
    Goal weight 64kg

Weigh In day Fridays

January 1st 76.8kg

Jan 5th:
    Jan12th:
    Jan19th:
    Jan26th:
  • ManifestingToday
    ManifestingToday Posts: 448 Member
    edited January 1
    Options

Heaviest Weight: 221 | First Goal Weight: 165 | Ultimate Goal Weight: 140
    SW Aug 2023: 212.7 | Sep 2023: 207.1 | Oct 2023: 205.5 | Nov 2023: 208.3 | Dec 2023: 205.3

January 2024 Goals:
    Log Food Daily | 1Hr Aerobic Dance Daily w/Extra Exercise as Possible | 7 hours Sleep/Day | Consistency

Jan 1: 205.9
  • judefit1
    judefit1 Posts: 666 Member
    edited January 1
    Options
    Hi, this is my first time in this challenge and I'm very happy to be here! I'm 66 YO, 5' 2" and officially overweight (again). I've been through the yo-yo weight gain and loss too many times and it's not healthy. I gained 15 lbs in the last year and a half, and if I don't change my habits I'm headed for worse.

My goal for 2024: to gradually lose the weight by changing the habits that hurt me and to learn how to integrate and maintain healthy eating habits for good.

My goals for this month:
    • continue my exercise routine- which has been pretty good
    • eliminate evening snacking- which is my downfall
    • weigh every day- which I avoid and then gain
    • log in here every week on Monday so I can't pretend the weekend is "free"!

Starting weight: 146.5
      Goal weight: around/under 142

1/1: 146.6

1/8

1/15

1/22

1/29
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Here we go “2024 Weekly Weigh-In Challenge”. Let’s support, motivate, encourage, and inspire each other to reach our goals. I look forward to hearing about your weekly successes and challenges as we work towards healthy goals.

Start weight: 180.0 pounds
    Goal weight: 160.0 pounds

Jan 1: 180.0

• jpierson0122
    jpierson0122 Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 1
    Options
    Happy New Year! I’m Jan
    I’m ready to hold myself accountable… the good, the bad and the ugly😱 I’m 5.4 176.5

My goals for January :
    📝Log daily
    🏋️‍♀️exercise 4 times a week (total body workout, upper body workout, lower body workout, cardio

Jan 1 176.5
    Jan 3
    Jan 10
    Jan 17
    Jan 31
    Exercise Dates:
    Week 1
    Week 2
    Week 3
    Week 4
    Week 5
  • jm216
    Options
    Happy New Year! 🎊

Here we go! We are all in this together.

Hello, I’m Jill. 🥰I’m 53, 5’7” and I live in Michigan.

My goals for January :
    📝Log daily
    🙆‍♀️Stretch daily/ Exercise 3x per week- starting at 15-20 minutes of beginner dance workouts
    Get back down to under 200 pounds
    Hang out in the 190’s for a bit… then hit my ultimate goal of 185.

Starting weight January 1st: 205.6
    Jan 1: 205.6
    Jan 3
    Jan 10
    Jan 17
    Jan 31

Jill🥰
  • majork29
    majork29 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Hello, I’m Kira. I'm 52, 5'1" and live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, with my husband. We are now officially empty nesters with chicks that still come home often!!

My goals for January :
    ⚖️Weigh- in daily
    📝Log daily
    🙆‍♀️Get 8000 steps at least 3 time a week, go for a walk at least 2 times a week

Jan 1 - 185.4
    Jan 2
    Jan 3
    Jan 4
    Jan 5
    Jan 6
    Jan 7
    Jan 8
    Jan 9
    Jan 10
    Jan 11