Let's get 'Turbo Fired' up!

Options

Replies

• McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    fire 55 always destroys my knee. i wear a knee brace but it doesnt seem to help for 55. i hurts me so bad that i am out of work out commission for 3-5 day :( i was thinking maybe my body just needs to push through to get stronger but now i am thinking i should substitute fire 55 for something else?

HIIT 20 does that to me. I'm done with the HIITs for the first month, but I think I'll just do HIIT 25 instead of 20 once they come back into play. I don't burn that much doing 20 anyways because I can't do all of the jumps.

I did Fire 55EZ today - I really like that one. I admit, I'm starting to get burnt out on TF.....I knew I would. But, I just need to suck it up and keep going. Just a couple more days and I'm done with Month 1!!!!
  • malenahan
    malenahan Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy Chalean Extreme and I don't sweat very much at all! I've never followed a strength training workout and this is exactly what I needed. Workouts are around 35-40 minutes for the Burn Circuit (Month 1) and I think 30-35 minutes for the Push Circuit (Month 2). I just started month 2 and only do the 3 Circuits each week. I do Turbo Fire 6 days a week as well.
  • holly_v
    holly_v Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    today my work out was soooo funny. i did fire 30. i realized i had been doing the "fire thrower" wrong (because the girl i usually copy was doing it wrong) so when i tried it the right way my body went one way and my legs went another and i fell flat on my butt! i was laughing so hard my boyfriend came running in because he heard me fall and thought i was crying. then when the "fire alarm" went off, i hear my boyfriend from the other room yell "fire drill!" it was so unexpected and i was still laughing from my fall.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Hey girls. I haven't been active on this much at all! I did 2 workouts then didn't do anything for awhile. I just did HIIT 30 and whoa! I was sweating to death! I think I'm just going to do a couple of the workouts a week and do walking and elliptical for now.

You girls that are sticking with the schedule...you are my heroes!!!!:love:
  • syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    Options
    today was HIIT 15...glad it was a short work out day . tomorrow is supposed to be my rest day. think im going to start doing insanity on my rest day , unless my body is telling me it needs rest.
  • stormy213
    stormy213 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    today my work out was soooo funny. i did fire 30. i realized i had been doing the "fire thrower" wrong (because the girl i usually copy was doing it wrong) so when i tried it the right way my body went one way and my legs went another and i fell flat on my butt! i was laughing so hard my boyfriend came running in because he heard me fall and thought i was crying. then when the "fire alarm" went off, i hear my boyfriend from the other room yell "fire drill!" it was so unexpected and i was still laughing from my fall.

LOL! You must have been a sight! I have to admit, I always get the arms and legs wrong wtih the fire thrower...maybe I'm looking at the wrong girl too!

I lifted weights this morning and plan on Fire 45EZ when I get home from work. I'm tempted to do Fire 45 instead since I like that one so much more.....we'll see, I think I just need to give the EZ a chance.
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I've got my favorite workout on deck today..Fire 45! Yay! Lol..my legs are a tad sore from running last night, but I don't care. Also, today is my last day of week 4 of the hybrid! Double yay!
  • holly_v
    holly_v Posts: 292 Member
    Options

LOL! You must have been a sight! I have to admit, I always get the arms and legs wrong wtih the fire thrower...maybe I'm looking at the wrong girl too!

I lifted weights this morning and plan on Fire 45EZ when I get home from work. I'm tempted to do Fire 45 instead since I like that one so much more.....we'll see, I think I just need to give the EZ a chance.

i think its the girl with the orange top on in about the middle of the room. i have been lifting my feet to kick my butt but apparently you are supposed to be lifting your knee at the front.
  • malenahan
    malenahan Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I completed Fire 45 this morning for the first time wearing the Bodybugg. It said I burned 318 calories. I think it seems reasonable (MFP had me over 400), but wondered what others thought. I'm 5'5 127 lbs.
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I finished week 4 of the hybrid schedule yesterday, so this morning I wanted to check in (weight/measurements) to see my progress. I lost 5.5 inches, but gained a pound. I'm led to believe this pound is muscle because A) my scale tells me how many lbs of fat I have and that number stayed the same, and B) you normally don't gain weight but lose inches. I'm calling these first 4 weeks a victory.
  • Jadbaa
    Jadbaa Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! Just wondering if I can join in. I started Turbo Fire on Monday and I wanted a support group of people doing the same thing. I did Fire 30 this morning and Stretch 10 I was dripping sweat after I was done!
  • McFatterton
    Options
    Hey ladies! Just wondering if I can join in. I started Turbo Fire on Monday and I wanted a support group of people doing the same thing. I did Fire 30 this morning and Stretch 10 I was dripping sweat after I was done!

Welcome! The more the merrier! :flowerforyou:

I did Fire 45 today and am officially done with Month 1!!! It went by pretty fast.....I hope I can hang on for two more months. Anyone else getting burnt out?
  • syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    Options
    Welcome Jadbaa!!

finished fire 30 and ab 10 for today....my abs are sore.
  • SherryP71561
    Options
    Afternoon all!! About two weeks ago I started a 90 day Beachbody challenge. I'm doing a combination of Turbo Fire and Chalean Extreme. I LOVE Chalene!!! Her videos are so much fun and she's so energetic. I also love it because there's a woman in a lot of her videos who is 60!! I celebrated my 50th birthday this summer and am determined to get healthy.

Anyway, this morning I did Hiit 25 and Sculpt 30.
  • BackToPreBaby
    Options
    I am on my first week and I am loving turbo fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • runamym
    runamym Posts: 83 Member
    Options

Welcome! The more the merrier! :flowerforyou:

I did Fire 45 today and am officially done with Month 1!!! It went by pretty fast.....I hope I can hang on for two more months. Anyone else getting burnt out?

You're having burn out already after one month? Hmmm... I wonder if you're challenging yourself enough in all your moves. also, if there's a workout that the schedule calls for - that I'm not fond of - I'll sub it out for something else that I like. some days you feel like a HIIT workout -- some days you feel like a long cardio.

I'm in week 8 of my 2nd round of TF. I did Fire 60 today (one of the advanced DVDs. Love that workout! I get a great sweat going. I'm tempted to send in my before/after shots to TF so I can get that cool Turbo Fire tank top.
    Also, did yall here that Chalene has picked her next cast members for the next installment of Turbo Fire. Not sure if they're calling it Turbo Fire 2 or giving it a new name? Can't wait to buy that!
  • plv2010
    plv2010 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I was so inspired by everyones post that I decided to buy Turbo Fire today. Hopefully it ships fast!!! A little about myself, I'm a mother to a 18 month old boy. I gave birth at 205, but have since managed to get down to 158. I use to go to turbo kickboxing at my local gym and loved it. But due to work schedule changes, I'm unable to attend class. I'm looking forward to staring my Turbo Fire journey with you all!
  • McFatterton
    Options
    You're having burn out already after one month? Hmmm... I wonder if you're challenging yourself enough in all your moves. also, if there's a workout that the schedule calls for - that I'm not fond of - I'll sub it out for something else that I like. some days you feel like a HIIT workout -- some days you feel like a long cardio.

I'm definitely pushing myself to do the workouts - I just get bored doing the same thing every week. I realize that it's not exactly the same, but pretty much. I'm just bored with it I guess - I need a little bit more variety in my life! This is why I could never get past like day 5 of the 30 Day Shred! :laugh:
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    This is why I could never get past like day 5 of the 30 Day Shred! :laugh:

I know what you mean about not enough variety with 30DS. I couldn't do it for the whole time either. You could use them as workouts now to switch up TF occasionally. I do like doing a mix schedule of ChaLEAN Extreme for that reason.

Yesterday was Fire 30 for me, I think I'm finally not lost in the routine. Today is a CLX workout...
  • stormy213
    stormy213 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    This is why I could never get past like day 5 of the 30 Day Shred! :laugh:

I know what you mean about not enough variety with 30DS. I couldn't do it for the whole time either. You could use them as workouts now to switch up TF occasionally. I do like doing a mix schedule of ChaLEAN Extreme for that reason.

Yesterday was Fire 30 for me, I think I'm finally not lost in the routine. Today is a CLX workout...

I've been starting to look into getting the CLX program. Right now I've been subbing any strength and toning days of TF with different Cathe DVD's. Can you (or anyone) tell me if CLX is similar to Chalene's toning exercises in TF (using the bands). I found I like lifting actual weights better. It looks like some of CLX is weights but I'd love to know the break down of the DVD's...thx!

I did Fire 55EZ yesterday and HIIT 15 this morning.

Good luck this weekend all! ......and welcome to any newbies!