Flea Happy Anniversary!

Carol in GA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    Michele - Sorry about your friend in Switzerland. It does sound scary. I think you stayed with her when Bryan got married. Wasn't Vince ill in hospital?

Wind dying down a bit. Phew!

Tina - Beautiful scenery. Tourism is always a mixed blessing. I don't go near the beach on a hot Bank Holiday. But it does preserve some things that would be lost.

Flea - Terrific idea to go somewhere close for a change of scene! Happy Anniversary! :D<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    :)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    ladycopnh1 wrote: »
    I have been looking for a friendly group to join, would you mind one more ?

:) Welcome. Keep coming back and tell us more about you. Then join in any conversation that interests you
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w /family- pushed Chispa in buggy- 1hr 59min 14sec, 120elev, 3.06ap, 90ahr, 142mhr, 6.15mi= 607c
    Strava app = 753c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats- 1hr 5min 9sec, 774elev, 112aw, 18.5amph, 99ahr, 116mhr, gear30, 20.13mi= 384c
    Strava app= 419c
    Zwift stats- 1hr 5min 11sec, 775elev, 112aw, 52arpm, 18.50amph, 20.1mi= 420c
    Walk to salon, store and bk- 17.21min, 3.10ap, .91mi= 78c
    Strava app = 112c

Total cal 1069
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Machka I grew up on Stouffer's frozen dinners, hamburger helper (think kraft mac n cheese in box but add hamburger), canned or frozen. The only time that was different was when we lived in Alabama. We were so poor that if we couldn't grow or catch it, we often went hungry. When I lived in the Philippines, the only thing we bought on base was meat occasionally. We mainly ate local. I prefer your style of eating. DH likes his burgers, but has been spoiled and doesn't do a lot of processed anymore .

Well......I forgot my hair appointment tonight! It was even in my calendar on my phone. When I finished cleaning up from dinner, I sat down and saw reminder and text from S. I feel terrible for standing her up. Just when I think I am in control of things...lol!

Welcome to all the new ladies!

Tina Your pictures are beautiful. I hope you and Heather stay safe in those nasty wave areas.

I have read, but now brain is all over the place. Need to get a couple things done.

<3
    Kylia in Ohio
  • B23_Kate
    B23_Kate Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I are celebrating our 19th wedding anniversary today. We are at a beautiful place about 30 minutes from our house. Not far, but so nice and quiet. Just good to get away for a night. They still have the lights up from Christmas. We've walked the path twice tonight.
    x8fp356chik9.jpg

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR

Happy 19th Anniversary, Flea!
  • B23_Kate
    B23_Kate Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Good morning, my chickens...

Corey used what few cushions had come in with the furniture set to make us reasonably comfortable seats in the garden chairs in the sunroom. We were able to sit out there and be quiet last night, and just enjoy some of the evening. Seeing his smile just blazing out over what he created makes me so happy...

I am waiting for his good morning call around 8 a.m., and will then start the telephone marathon of getting the furniture issues with the pieces that didn't get to us sorted out. Early this afternoon, I'll drive into town and get my blood drawn at the VA and then get the extra box of the vinyl planks returned to the Home Depot in town. That's about it for plans for the day... a few bits of laundry to fold from yesterday. Harder to do when Corey's here, but it's not like they go bad or anything... :smiley: I'd rather spend the time with him than with the clothes.

Ran across something of interest this morning, some good research on something they teach you when you have the gastric bypass, and that's the sequence in which to eat. Always protein first, then veggies, then any form of breads or other carbs. It's taught to bariatric patients because the amounts are so limited, particularly right after surgery, that you can handle. Getting protein up to the necessary 65-68 grams a day is always a struggle, but the order becomes habit. However, it's apparently good science in terms of how your body deals with food and can help curb appetite: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32825124/

Goals - For 2023, were:
    ✅- Get to maintenance range - I did, but please note I did change my maintenance range from 145-150 to 150-155. My body wants to be at this weight, for whatever reason, and I'm pretty much OK with it.
    ✅- Get healthier - I feel as if I am, but this varies from day to day. Still working on it.
    ✅❌- Stick to the budget - Both, actually. We did get the house paid off, meeting our self-imposed deadline of five years to pay off, which made us happy. We were supposed to then take the remainder of the year to put money away and start again in January for the first project. Well, we decided to wander outside the budget and get the sunroom constructed. While we didn't take money out of savings to get it done, we didn't put the money away that we had hoped to. But, it was a considered decision, and it's become a wonderful thing that we're very happy with.

And the goals for 2024 are:

✅- Stay in maintenance range
    ✅- Get healthier
    ✅- Stick to the budget

My weight on the 3rd of January 2023 was 155.8, and it's 151.8 this morning, so I'm pleased overall with that, and the rest will be what it is. My word for 2023 was "progress," and I've done that, and we've done that as a couple and a family, I think. My word for 2024 is "learn."

Hope it's a good year for us all.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

Lisa, congratulations on finishing the sunroom. You and Corey must be so proud of your work!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,883 Member
    Options
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    As for my health, it's not great. Well, I guess that's relative. The pain my pelvis that’s been haunting me for several years has come roaring back lately. I did have a CT and apparently, it’s a phantom pain. It’s all in my head they say. So, I have to figure it out on my own.

My feet still sting. No solution to that either. That’s in my head too. I guess I’m just a hypochondriac.

Tina in CA

There's something I want to get my doctor to follow up on with me.

I also have pelvic region issues and itching, stinging feet from time to time. It's been with me for 2 or 3 decades and was worse when I had my periods, just before my periods and maybe on the first day. Then it would go away till the next month. Now it seems to come on randomly.

I've asked doctors about it, but they've always said that the female body can have odd symptoms and as I moved into perimenopause, they told me that perimenopause can produce odd symptoms.

But more recently I've turned to Dr Google and came up with this: Pudendal Neuralgia

https://www.thepelvichub.com/pelvic-health/pudendal-nerve-neuralgia-symptoms
    https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/24438-pudendal-neuralgia
    https://www.melbournepaingroup.com.au/conditions/pudendal-neuralgia
    (and heaps more)

Unfortunately for me, it would appear that mine could be caused by "Some sports/exercises – particularly cycling (especially long distance)" and one of the recommendations is to stop cycling. But that's not going to happen!!

So we'll see. More investigation needed.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,883 Member
    edited January 3
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    M – added sugar is in almost all foods, ketchup, salad dressing, breakfast cereals, yogurt, protein/cereal bars, baked beans, BBQ sauce, spaghetti sauce, granola, just to name a few. It seems like so many foods (actually, almost all of them that are processed even a little bit) have added sugars. Did you mean what foods contain added sugars or what foods do I eat that contain added sugar?

Michele NC

All the foods I don't eat or rarely eat. :)

I've never liked sauces on my food because I've always had the feeling that sauces are there to hide something yucky. Just show me what it is you're trying to feed me without disguising it.
    Plus most sauces are too sweet.

The yogurt I eat is sugar-free although I suppose with any dairy product, lactose is a natural sugar.

I've read articles and comments about avoiding all the added sugars in foods, and have wondered what people are eating that has so much added sugar.

So far it's looking like the foods I don't like or don't eat much of have the added sugar. That works for me!

kymarai wrote: »
    Machka I grew up on Stouffer's frozen dinners, hamburger helper (think kraft mac n cheese in box but add hamburger), canned or frozen. The only time that was different was when we lived in Alabama. We were so poor that if we couldn't grow or catch it, we often went hungry. When I lived in the Philippines, the only thing we bought on base was meat occasionally. We mainly ate local. I prefer your style of eating. DH likes his burgers, but has been spoiled and doesn't do a lot of processed anymore .

<3
    Kylia in Ohio

My mother did not like frozen dinners and similar. She didn't think they were healthy, and she thought they were a waste of money. We didn't have a lot of money growing up and she had a tight budget for groceries.

She would rather buy a big bag of plain pasta for $1 than to buy boxed or packaged flavoured pasta. I didn't have kraft mac n cheese until I was in my 20s either!

For a number of years, we lived close to my grandmother and great grandmother who both had huge gardens, so we got our veggies that way.

My parents often had friends in the farming community, so we'd get eggs and milk and meat at a discounted rate.

Because of what she'd learning in nursing and because of our tight budget, we were on quite a strict diet growing up. No desserts except on weekends. One cookie when we got home from school and that was it. Plain food. No sauces and condiments.

M in Oz