๐ŸŽ‰โ„๏ธ January Daily Logging and Weigh-in Challengeโ„๏ธ๐Ÿฅณ

Options

Replies

• StirredIntention
    StirredIntention Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hello, Iโ€™m Regina. Iโ€™m 56, 5โ€™5โ€ and I live in Oklahoma.

My goals for January :
    โš–๏ธWeigh- weekly
    ๐Ÿ“Log daily and follow the DASH Diet my cardiologist recomended.
    ๐Ÿ’ง Drink 60oz of water - and less coffee โ˜•๏ธ ๐Ÿ™‚
    ๐Ÿ™†โ€โ™€๏ธWalk 30 mins 3x a week.

Starting weight January 1st:
    Jan 8 - 266.9 ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜’

I was 240 in Sept 23 then just stopped trying ๐Ÿ˜• For my health I have to get more serious about being healthier.

Glad you're here!
  • StirredIntention
    StirredIntention Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    jm216 wrote: ยป
    I just love this group of like-minded, friendly, supportive, and amazing friends!
    Just feeling the love and had to share it with you.

Jill :)

Me too! I love these check ins โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm Darlene and have been with this group for a while now. Retired, 63-year-old. Married (Greg), one adult daughter (Allyson), and one goldendoodle (Monty). I have been on this weight loss journey since January 2023. ๐Ÿ’–I wouldn't be where I am today without this group (along with a couple other challenges I am in); I am so thankful for their support and accountability. ๐Ÿ’–

My Goals for January

โš–๏ธ Lose 4 pounds (always my goal)
    ๐Ÿ‘ฃ17k Steps Daily with one day of rest
    ๐Ÿ“ Log Daily
    ๐Ÿฅ— Stay under my calorie range
    ๐Ÿ’ช Strength Train 3 days per week
    ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ Tai Chi or Yoga 1 day per week
    ๐Ÿ’ฆ 6+ glasses of water

๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿ’ช ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿ’ฆ

Highest Weight 228

SW Dec: 228 | Jan: 217 | Feb: 212 | Mar: 207.6 | Apr 200.2 | May 194.8 | Jun: 189.6 | Jul: 187.4 | Aug: 179.8 | Sept: 174.2 | Oct: 169.6 | Nov 164.6 | Dec 164

December Ending Weight 164

Jan 1: 163.8 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿ’ฆ Happy New Year!
    Jan 2: 163.8 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿ’ฆ Met my New Year's goal - did a 10K walk yesterday AM. Was ravenous all day, but managed to stay under my calorie limit by 5 calories. I would say a successful day. I'm still .2 pounds away from my lowwest weight (just before Christmas).
    Jan 3: 162.8 ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿ’ฆ Funny thing happened to yesterday. Greg, Monty and I started the Airline Trail today (I am feeling nostalgic so want to do it again, and we started off with a big one day 6.2 miles. When we got back to the car, Greg noticed he didn't have his wallet. Thought he left it on the counter at home. Got home, no wallet, now we think he must have dropped it on the trail as we were walking, so we drove back to the trail at the half way point. Greg went one way - I went the other looking for the wallet, another 3.7 miles and didn't find it. When we got home - Greg remembered he took the truck out yesterday - left it in the center console. LOL! So, my 6.2 walked turned into 9.9, silver linings I guess! Here are some pictures from the walk (the first time).
    Jan 4: 162.8 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿ’ฆ
    Jan 5 : 163.4 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿ’ช ๐Ÿ’ฆ Couldn't sleep, got up, raided the pantry. When I posted last night it triggered me to stop, but a little too late. Today is my rest day. Off to visit my husband's cousin, celebrate Christmas. Will try to get a small walk in this afternoon. Won't be able to weigh everything, but we are bringing lunch with us, so should be able to estimate and log everything.
    Jan 6: 162.8 ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— Spent yesterday at my husband's eldery cousins house -5 hours in a car, and sitting all day with her - so not much movement yesterday. I did log everything, and used estimates for measuring. I jumped on the treadmill when I got home - got 2 miles in - counting it as my rest day.
    Jan 7: 162.8 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿ’ฆ Just a quiet day at home - hubby was out all day. Finished the book I was reading, waiting for the winter storm to arrive - it came - not as much as expected. Just enough to make it pretty, and for me to get a little strength exercise today shoveling the driveway, but not enough to kill me. Actually looking forward to it. Probably won't get an outside walk today.
    Jan 8: 163.6 โ˜น๏ธ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿ’ช Doesn't make sense, but that is what the scale says today - so that's what I am posting.
  • Rh1aB1a
    Rh1aB1a Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year!

January SW- 162.4
    January GW- 158.0
    UGW- 148

1. 162.4 <3
    2. 162.0 <3
    3. 162.0 <3
    4. 161.6 <3
    5. 161.0 <3
    6. 160.8 <3
    7. 161.0 <3
    8. 162.6 <3 Not sure what's up with that, but we are gonna keep rolling! B)
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,747 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year!

Welcome to your year of refocusing on becoming a healthier you. Weโ€™re all in this together.

Hello, Iโ€™m Jill. ๐ŸฅฐIโ€™m 53, 5โ€™7โ€ and I live in Michigan.

My goals for January :
    โš–๏ธWeigh- in daily
    ๐Ÿ“Log daily
    ๐Ÿ™†โ€โ™€๏ธStretch daily/ Exercise 3x per week- starting at 15-20 minutes of beginner dance workouts
    Get back down to under 200 pounds
    Hang out in the 190โ€™s for awhile.
    My ultimate and hopefully sustainable goal is 185.

Starting weight January 1st:
    Jan 1: 205.6
    marks the start of 2024
    Let the fun begin!

Jan 2: 204.5
    I love January! New Year reset has begun. I moved my daughter back to college today and got to spend all day with her. Iโ€™ll miss having her home for the holidays, but sheโ€™ll be home for the weekend in less than 10 days.

Jan 3: 203.4
    Itโ€™s amazing what logging everything and exercise can do! Feeling fabulous. ๐Ÿฅฐ Time to do some quick exercise with Up to the BEat fit with Gina B on YouTube then itโ€™s time to take down the Christmas tree and decorations before heading back to work tomorrow.

Jan 4: 203.3 Happy Thursday friends! Today is my Monday. Time to get back to work and keep up with the good habits.

Jan 5: 202.8 ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    Jan 6: 202.7 ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
    Jan 7: 201.7 I love waking up and getting on the scale again. Happy Sunday!โ„๏ธ
    Jan 8: 202.8 not gonna stressโ€ฆ part of the process. Happy Monday. ๐Ÿฅฐ

Jill๐Ÿฅฐ
  • judefit1
    judefit1 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Jude, 66YO, 5'2" SW 147

Hi, this is my first time in this challenge and I'm very happy to be here! I'm 66 YO, 5' 2" and officially overweight (again). I've dieted since I was 11 YO and my mom had a chart on the broom closet wall. I've been through the yo-yo weight gain and loss too many times and it's not healthy. Been as high as 165 (2007), as low as 115 (2008). I gained and lost 15-20 lbs at least 3 times in the last 15 years and that's self-defeating- and not healthy. My main goal now is to lose the weight (yes!) AND change my habits to a sustainable lifestyle that allows me to eat well and maintain my fitness.

Wk 2: 1/8/24:
    My goals for this week:
    continue my exercise plan
    tea after dinner- no food after
    weigh every day- and be aware it won't always make me "happy"

1/8: 142.6
    1/9:
    1/10:
    1/11:
    1/12:
    1/13:
    1/14:

1/8: First week of my first challenge down! Weighed every day, which is a huge step for me! Learning to use that number as a signal, not a moral judgment. Also, making Monday morning my end of week was a good change- I checked my portions all weekend, made new and interesting recipes that changed things up. Learning to make this a sustainable way of life, not a diet! Only took me 66 years!

@ jm216: I love this group too- super encouraging, positive and helpful. Thank you for being here!

Week 1: 1/1/24:
    1/1:
    My goals for this week:
    * to the gym 4-5 times a week (keeping consistent)
    * tea after dinner- no food after.
    * weigh every day- which I avoid and then gain

1/1: 146.6
    1/2: 145.8
    1/3: 144.2
    1/4: 144.2
    1/5: 143.2
    1/6: 143.4
    1/7: 142.6

1/7: Met my goals for the first time in a year and a half. Yay! On to week 2!
  • andreajlnhe
    andreajlnhe Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I'm a 46-year-old married mom of five. I started this group in September at 141 pounds (overweight for me at my height) and have lost about 11-12 pounds overall since then. I always gain some weight around Christmas; I love the cookies, truffles, and eggnog etc. I allowed myself to just enjoy those things and slack off some; however, it's time to get back to the routine! My goal for January is to log and weigh every day, and to lose 3 1/2 pounds. I'm setting my goal a tad on the aggressive side because I suspect that some of my gain from the end of December is not only fat but water and such.

Ultimate starting weight 160.0 pounds
    January goal: 126.0 pounds

January 1: 129.6 I logged โ„๏ธ
    January 2: 128.6
    January 3: 128.2 I logged โ„๏ธ
    January 4: 127.4 The scale was acting wonky today... it did this last month but settled out and started acting normal again.
    January 5: 128.6 I logged โ„๏ธ
    January 6: 126.6 I logged โ„๏ธ
    January 7: 127.2
    January 8: 128.8
    January 9:
    January 10:
    January 11:
    January 12:
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    edited January 8
    Options
    Billy and Darlene, you have both turned weather-related problems into opportunities.

Billy your progress has been amazing. Losing 11.7 pounds already this year is epic. I applaud your progress and envy your weather. Don't let the rain dampen your spirit and take advantage of your weather to have fun playing tennis outdoors in the AZ sun.

Darlene, you have turned walking into a healthy lifestyle that everyone should appreciate. You are an inspiration to us all. You even turned a snowstorm into an exercise opportunity. You are my hero Darleen. You put the FUN into FUNctional Fitness.
  • HeidiKnipping
    HeidiKnipping Posts: 27 Member
    edited January 8
    Options
    Hello, Iโ€™m Heidi. Iโ€™m 55, 5โ€™5โ€ and I live in Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas area.

My goals for January:
    1 - Weigh in daily
    2 - Begin light cardio/stretch/weight exercises
    3 - Maintain current weight or lose a little

Weight:
    01.01.24 - 165.9 (.1 over my post surgical low)
    01.02.24 - 166.5 (swelling is going back up)
    01.03.24 - 167 (swelling is continuing to go back up)
    01.04.24 - 167.5 (calling surgeon to see why I am blowing up like a balloon)
    01.05.24 - 167.2 (surgeon says I am okay - here's to hoping it was just water retention!)
    01.06.24 - 166 (much better)
    01.07.24 - 165.1 (almost back to my post surgical weight)
    01.08.24 - 164.2 (swelling weight gain GONE plus .7 more!!)

Exercise:
    1 - Started small stretches (arms above head, side twists) which are going well. The pulling on my
    incisions was horrible at first but are less so after a week. I also started doing some modified
    bridges in the hopes that my healing abdominal muscles would start strengthening up. I am
    walking much better and even walked the entire trip to Costco and pushed the cart. The hubby
    still won't let me lift much except the small laundry basket!

Highest weight Sep 2004: 315
    Gastric Bypass weight Jan 2005: 281
    Lowest weight Nov 2005: 142 (told to gain weight)
    Highest recent weight Jun 2023: 228.8 (lost and gained throughout the years - oops)
    Skin removal surgery weight Nov 2023: 175
    Goal weight: ??? (I'm okay where I am but wouldn't mind losing a little more)
  • lcharpentier2
    lcharpentier2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Billy and Stormy great success in your journey.

Well starting day six I blew day 5 but that's ok i'll get back with it today. The hardly punished me for yesterday's screw up. But today will be a good one. Going to make me a veg. stew no potatoes. Left over meatballs so will make today a great day.
    See you all tomorrow.
    Linda in the great white northern ontario
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    @stormywxs288 Thank you for the encouragement, you made my grumpy morning so much better!