WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,883 Member
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    Any tips to get DH to understand that he needs more protein? I made him a small salad (romaine and cheese) for his lunch today (that is what he wants- boring) and told him to eat some of the lasagna for the protein. Nope, he said it was late and he would just wait until dinner. I don't call 130 late....so from what I know he had a bowl (one packet) of quaker oats for breakfast and that boring salad today. I am unsure as to what else he munched on. His A1C was 6.0 last visit. He needs to lose 30 pounds and watch the darned simple carbs. I try to feed him healthy. Tonight's dinner was homemade bison burger (his was half pound on bun, mine 1/3 no bun), microwaved baby potatoes with olive oil, and beets. He was full! I know....all I can do is continue to give him the information. It is his decision. I can only provide him with good choices, but they are still his choices to make. Maybe I should set him up a profile on MFP to track foods.......
    Kylia

Romaine and cheese sounds all right to me! :)

• OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your new car, Rosemarie. I love my RAV4. Your brother is right about the used cars in the northeast.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,118 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,883 Member
    Options
    The FDA Is Investigating Potentially Serious Side Effects of Weight Loss Drugs
    https://www.verywellhealth.com/fda-examines-anti-obesity-medication-side-effects-8423679

"The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is investigating reports of serious side effects from GLP-1 receptor agonists, such as Ozempic and Wegovy, that have come through its Adverse Event Reporting System (FAERS). There have been reports of side effects like hair loss, aspiration, and suicidal ideation that may be connected to the medications."

Machka in Oz
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    <3
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    <3
    Betsy in NW WA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,705 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Im awake rain done,still a bit windy.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    :)Heather, I hope your heat is fixed soon. Good for you playing the "elderly card". You've earned it.

:) The storm was mild here yesterday. Some rain, a gust that shut the power off for a moment, and a lot of small debris in the streets. I took a short walk in the evening just to enjoy the fact that it stays light a bit later.

:) Today sunrise is a minute earlier than yesterday and will continue to get earlier. I notice the daylight in the morning at the end of my walk.

<3 Barbie in NW WA