WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,529 Member
    edited January 10
    Options
    Kim, it was glad to see you show your face... I was about to send out the search doggies. Good caretaker advice, as always. I knew you'd like the idea of me eating squash. :smiley: Hope Levi's doing well. I think of you often.

Corey's home... he and Egg are in the sunroom, talking. His usual decompression time with her.

Later,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,178 Member
    Options
    Thought i'd posted this morning at 4:30 came here I just couldn't sleep. I did go back to bed. Had a little shut eye. Anyhow anyways it's my eight day of eat less move more. It's working and I will be here tonight with my tops weight in. My scale is giving me a loss.

Ginny I understand your hubby well with the cravings for sugar I don't know if it's all diabetics like that but I am. Have been in control for starting my eight day.

machka9 I was on Ozempic for my diabetise And they had to take me off because a shortage. Pharmacist said it was because to many doctors prescribed it lose weight. So now us diabetics have to do without. And my b/s is up like never before. Oh well.

Linda from the great white Northern Ontario.

It's the same here in Australia. The people who really need it can't get it.

M in Oz
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Simone – beautiful family. Tyler doesn’t look 27 at all. Are you SURE that’s how old he is? Impressive walking.

Did I tell you all that I did make a formal complaint to the NTHSB? It’s going on three months now, and I think that’s a reasonable amount of time for Hyundai to have fixed it. Hopefully, after this snowstorm, anyone with a Hyundai will also make a complaint. I didn’t realize it, but it makes sense. If I go somewhere and the only parking is in a parking garage, I can’t park my car.

Had Newcomer bowling tonight. Now to take a shower and get to bed.

Michele NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :)MIchele, please remind me why you can't park your car in a garage?
  • Machka9
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Heather - Ack! Hope the boiler-fixer guy has come and gone and successfully got you going again. Hate it when I have to wear heavy clothes in the house to stay warm. Like Ginny, I've got one small electric heater I can plug in just to keep my feet from getting too cold in the craft room. Hope there is no lingering soreness from the fall. Glad you didn't rebreak that wrist!

Annie - Very much agree with Machka to take the list of what you know with you to the docs and get a good sense of what your dad needs to be taken and when. You may need to take over his meds if it's possible at all. Maybe if the doc tells your dad to hand over the responsibility to you?

Tracey - You need to trust yourself and your judgment, my dear. You understood the assignment much better than you thought, obviously! And 🤪 love the weather meme. 🙄 Silly buggers. The only career field in the world where you can be right 12 percent of the time and still keep your job. 🙃 So pleased the GoFundMe for your daughter is going well. They deserve every bit of help they can get, bless 'em.

Lanette - Sounds like you're prepped and ready. Good for Rosie!

Pip - Well done on the driving test! I had to have all that for my TSA-starred license, too, and finally broke down and got it earlier this year when I registered the Kicks. Since I knew I had to be at the DMV anyway, I found my wedding certificate for both and the divorce papers for the first one to show the name changes. I wonder if you have to do it again when you renew?

Rosemary - Enjoy the RAV! I've heard that people love them, but never had one.

More later, most likely. Acupuncture appointment in the early afternoon.

Love y'all!
    Lisa in AR

I did have to bring (or so I was told) 4 marriage certificates, 2 divorce papers, one death certificate, birth certificate, passport I’d card, two bills with my name on it, my current license, I even had my old license of when I lived in California I don’t know how many years ago (luckily I had it cuz they asked for it). I even had all my Ss cards. They ONLY thing I didn’t have was my 1st marriage certificate (I was 19) , the county couldn’t find it but I did get my divorce paper that showed what my original name was and that it was going to be restored after the divorce was final. The county is asking the state to look for it and they will get back to me. Whew! I had a couple of drinks when I got home

I have had to do all that for my passports (first time only for each) and for my permanent residency in Australia and for my citizenship in Australia. Never for a driver's licence.

California must have some strict rules!

M in Oz
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,627 Member
    Options
    Barbie Thank you for that gentle reminder. You are right...all I can do is provide the information and "prepare the soil". He has to make the choice of what he wants to do.

Sorry, I didn't take notes. Someone mentioned that if they didn't get enough protein they want to eat everything.....amen! I have noticed that about me which is why I am trying to get DH to understand. More protein=less junk.

Rosemarie Congratulations on your new car. Share pics when you get her. Or him if you prefer. Machines are always female in my mind.hehe

The weather is definitely crazy. Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg flooded yesterday. Simone was it you talking about all the snow? Crazy amounts to me! As much as I prefer rain to snow, our business really needs the snow. It helps us sell snow blowers and gives our landscapers extra money to spend in spring.

I am grateful that I managed to get done 80% roughly of what I needed to. First thing I had to do at work this morning was redo what I did yesterday.....grumble....DH aka boss wanted it done differently. Oh well, my only real frustration is that he didn't speak up yesterday, but then again I didn't ask. I got all invoices totalled (they can call tomorrow or not). Figured a couple of estimates that will need to be called. Still needed to put new equipment in computer, brought home, then couldn't get signed onto work computer remotely. So one of two things will happen. It will be waiting for me to do on Friday or SIL will put in and I will have to go back in to fix it. Either way I can't do anything about it tonight. I met my goals though! Bible, under calories (long fast day-haha. Was just trying to get stuff done and didn't break to eat), 10k steps, and water. Will read book in a moment. Apparently as much moving as I have been doing has kept me from getting sore from tetanus shot. Just a little tender.

Heaters- sucks when they break and only break when we need them. Glad everyone's are getting fixed.

Barbara I hope nothing serious on arm. Glad you got some assistance for now.

Lanette Happy you got chickens taken care of.

Healing thoughts tobthose ill or hurting.
    Congratulations for meeting goals today or for taking that small step in the right direction.

Thankful for you all!

<3
    Kylia sleepy in Ohio
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options

barbie – my car is one of the cars affected by the recall. The car can spontaneously start on fire. Hyundai recommended it not be parked in an enclosed area. The recall was made known on Sept. 21. To date, Hyundai still hasn’t done anything. I know there is a fix – replace the ABS. I also know that replacing it is expensive. So I’m sure Hyundai is trying to come up with a cheaper fix.

Nita – congrats on getting to the gym. How often do you go?

Michele NC
  • nitaoriol
    nitaoriol Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Michele- how awful that Hyundai hasn't even tried to fix it for free. It's their error and your safety. Hopefully something will happen soon.

So far I go 4 or 5 days a week. My daughter is 14 and motivates me. She has anxiety, as do I, and it makes us feel better.
    Do you go to the gym?
  • Machka9
    Options

Interesting article ...

The research aiming to keep people healthier for longer
    https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-023-04089-w

"restricting the diets of mice by about 40% from early adulthood onwards increases the average age at which mice begin to show signs of ill health."

"although dietary restriction is effective in animals, humans have struggled to follow regimented diets in clinical trials. The idea of capturing the benefits of dietary restriction — or of exercise — with a drug is gaining traction. The molecular mechanisms that make diet and exercise beneficial are increasingly better understood, and some are the targets of existing drugs. Researchers hope to repurpose these drugs to capture some of the benefits of a healthy lifestyle."

Or perhaps earlier awareness that dietary restriction and exercise could help people age well might help???

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Wed here: went to the gym and found out that they have a spin class every day from 6 – 6:45 so I guess I won’t be using the spin bike.

Michele NC

I would have joined the spinning class!! I've taken several spinning classes over the years and they are great workouts.

You don't have to do exactly what they say (for example, if they try to convince the group to do "jumps", you can ignore them, and if they tell you to turn the resistance up high and push the pedals, definitely ignore them - your knees will thank you), but the rest is good! The standing workouts are good. The intervals are good.

Machka in Oz

• monie_is_getting_fit
    monie_is_getting_fit Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    nitaoriol wrote: »
    So far I go 4 or 5 days a week. My daughter is 14 and motivates me. She has anxiety, as do I, and it makes us feel better.
    Do you go to the gym?

That is great that you have gone so much to the gym. I am glad that you and your daughter are going to the gym together! It helps to have someone to motivate you. I don’t go to the gym. I don’t have money for it especially with needing money for the semester of student teaching. It is nearly $4,000 for the tuition.