🎉❄️ January Daily Logging and Weigh-in Challenge❄️🥳

Options

Replies

• andreajlnhe
    andreajlnhe Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I'm a 46-year-old married mom of five. I started this group in September at 141 pounds (overweight for me at my height) and have lost about 11-12 pounds overall since then. I always gain some weight around Christmas; I love the cookies, truffles, and eggnog etc. I allowed myself to just enjoy those things and slack off some; however, it's time to get back to the routine! My goal for January is to log and weigh every day, and to lose 3 1/2 pounds. I'm setting my goal a tad on the aggressive side because I suspect that some of my gain from the end of December is not only fat but water and such.

Ultimate starting weight 160.0 pounds
    January goal: 126.0 pounds

January 1: 129.6 I logged ❄️
    January 2: 128.6
    January 3: 128.2 I logged ❄️
    January 4: 127.4 The scale was acting wonky today... it did this last month but settled out and started acting normal again.
    January 5: 128.6 I logged ❄️
    January 6: 126.6 I logged ❄️
    January 7: 127.2
    January 8: 128.8 I logged ❄️
    January 9: 126.6 I logged ❄️ My weight sure is flopping around a lot, but that's pretty normal when I've been eating a lot and am finding my way back to the routine.
    January 10: 126.8 I logged ❄️
    January 11: 126.6
    January 12: 126.0 I logged ❄️ Happy to see that the number did not go up... My mother-in-law made one of her delicious meals for us last night, and it included homemade mac & cheese, a huge weakness of mine. I stopped logging at dinner and *may* have had a bit more than my calorie allotment of the mac & cheese. 😬
    January 13: 125.2

My original goal was 125, so I guess I should celebrate. It will probably go up again and fluctuate for a while before things settle, so I'm not declaring myself at "goal" or even really at 125 yet. I'm also thinking I'd like to keep going for a couple more pounds. I have two pairs of jeans that I wore pre-baby that I would like to be able to fit into, if possible. I tried them on today, and they were a no go, LOL. I mean, at least I could get the legs on, which is nice, but they are still a little ways off. If I lose a couple more pounds, in addition to maybe being able to fit into my favorite jeans again, it would put me in the middle of my normal BMI as well, so that's nice.

In other news, about a week and a half ago my husband started calorie counting with MFP. He wants to lose 50 pounds. For a long time I have intermittently made simple remarks about how "weight loss is simply math," or "exercise is great for health but weight loss happens in the kitchen," or "no matter what you eat, weight loss is simply calories in calories out." Not because I wanted to influence him to lose weight, but just in conversation. I never said anything about MyFitnessPal. Sometimes my family would just catch me measuring my food, all by myself in a little corner. One morning he made eggs for me, and I started to reach for the butter. He said, "Oh I already buttered your toast." I said, "Oh, I was going to measure it because I'm tracking my food." And he said, "I already measured it." I said, "Oh! How much butter is it?" And he replied, "A little bit." 🤣🤣🤣 So this was his idea of "measuring," LOL. Anyway, one day I wake up to find him surrounded by measuring cups and spoons, and he says, "Do we have a food scale?" And come to find out, he had started logging his food with MyFitnessPal. He's lost about 7 pounds already and feeling a lot better. I also love that he now understands my measuring and tracking, and we can discuss it and do it together. I make all our meals, so I've been entering them into the MFP database so that he can log them.

January 14:
    January 15:
    January 16:
  • lcharpentier2
    lcharpentier2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Guess I forgot to mark the page I was on yesterday and can't find me today. Oh well. Just repeat myself lol. I lost the fluctuation I took on yesterday. So the scale is back to the same. I started Jan. 3rd at 202.6 now at 198.8 not bad under the ugly number. So I keep plucking away. See you latter or tomorrow.
  • jimmydr5
    jimmydr5 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hello, I’m Jimmy.
    I’m 40, 5’10”

My goals for January :
    ⚖️Weigh- in daily
    ✅Workout 5-6 times /week
    ✅IF
    ✅Tracking
    ✅Deficit diet

Jan 1: 86.1 kg ✅✅✅✅ 5 km run
    Jan 2: 85.8 kg ✅✅✅✅ 5 km run
    Jan 3: 84.9 kg ✅✅✅✅ 15 km run
    Jan 4: 84.4 kg ✅✅✅✅ 8 km walk
    Jan 5: 85.5 kg ✅✅✅✅ 10 km run
    Jan 6: 85.2 kg✅✅✅✅2.5 km run.2.5 km walk.
    Jan 7: 85.2 kg ✅✅✅✅21.39 km run
    Half marathon completed 🥰
    Jan 8: 86 kg ✅✅✅✅ 4 km run
    Jan 9: 85.4 kg ✅✅✅✅ 5.62+0.73 km walk
    Jan 10: 86.2 kg ✅✅✅✅6 km walk
    Jan 11: 85.1 kg ✅✅✅✅5 km run
    Jan 12: 85.2 kg ✅✅✅✅ 6.78 km walk
    Jan 13: 84.9 kg ✅✅✅✅5 km run
  • ManifestingToday
    ManifestingToday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a 50+ yo married female, 5'6", and tired of looking and feeling like I do. I’m making changes to get out of the Obese category, to look good in my clothing, and to have confidence in public again.

Heaviest Weight: 221 | First Goal Weight: 165 | Ultimate Goal Weight: 140
    SW Aug 2023: 212.7 | Sep 2023: 207.1 | Oct 2023: 205.5 | Nov 2023: 208.3 | Dec 2023: 205.3

January 2024 Goals:
    Log Food Daily | 1Hr Aerobic Dance Daily w/Extra Exercise as Possible | 7 hours Sleep/Day | Consistency

Jan 1: 205.9
    Jan 2: 205.9
    Jan 3: 205.7
    Jan 4: 205.3
    Jan 5: 205.4
    Jan 6: 206.5
    Jan 7: 206.9
    Jan 8: 206.9
    Jan 9: 206.4
    Jan 10: 206.4
    Jan 11: 204.7
    Jan 12: 205.4
    Jan 13: 207.1 - Lots of medical stuff happening here, that I'm not going to go into, but I know why this number is up due to that. <3
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 11,069 Member
    Options

In other news, about a week and a half ago my husband started calorie counting with MFP. He wants to lose 50 pounds. For a long time I have intermittently made simple remarks about how "weight loss is simply math," or "exercise is great for health but weight loss happens in the kitchen," or "no matter what you eat, weight loss is simply calories in calories out." Not because I wanted to influence him to lose weight, but just in conversation. I never said anything about MyFitnessPal. Sometimes my family would just catch me measuring my food, all by myself in a little corner. One morning he made eggs for me, and I started to reach for the butter. He said, "Oh I already buttered your toast." I said, "Oh, I was going to measure it because I'm tracking my food." And he said, "I already measured it." I said, "Oh! How much butter is it?" And he replied, "A little bit." 🤣🤣🤣 So this was his idea of "measuring," LOL. Anyway, one day I wake up to find him surrounded by measuring cups and spoons, and he says, "Do we have a food scale?" And come to find out, he had started logging his food with MyFitnessPal. He's lost about 7 pounds already and feeling a lot better. I also love that he now understands my measuring and tracking, and we can discuss it and do it together. I make all our meals, so I've been entering them into the MFP database so that he can log them.

January 14:
    January 15:
    January 16:

@andreajinhe I would love to see him join our challenge. I don't think we've ever had a hubby & wife!
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 11,069 Member
    Options
    weight.png

My name is Donna. I am 5’ 5” tall, 63 years old and from the Michigan USA. In 2016 I weighed 253 lbs. I am on a journey of health and to get back to the real me.
    Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250’s; 240’s; 230’s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180’s; 170's; 160's; 150’s

Starting Weight (from Dec 31st): 183.8
    Goal: 179.8 (Four lb Loss)
    Actual Ending Weight: xxxxx
    **********************ONE DAY, ONE STEP, ONE DECISION AT A TIME********************

Weight in blue makes me blue because it’s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because it’s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

01/01-181.6-(Trend Weight 180.3)-

01/02-181.4-(Trend Weight 180.4)-

01/03-181.4-(Trend Weight 180.5)-

01/04-182.0-(Trend Weight 180.7)-

01/05-DNW-(Trend Weight DNW)-

01/06-183.0-(Trend Weight 181.2)-

01/07-183.0-(Trend Weight 181.3)-

01/08-DNW-(Trend Weight DNW)-

01/09-DNW-(Trend Weight DNW)-

01/10-DNW-(Trend Weight DNW)-

01/11-DNW-(Trend Weight DNW)-

01/12-DNW-(Trend Weight DNW)- Still no scale delivery today but I usually don’t weigh in on Fridays anyway due to the school bus and the fosamax with water. We are expecting approx 24” of total snow today and tomorrow. Schools are closing early today as it will be getting started by 3:00. I’ll be getting lots of shoveling in along with my son’s help but I have to be careful since the ticker is not as healthy as it used to be. We are just getting over the last snow storm from a few days ago. I hope we do not lose power!

01/13-182.0-(Trend Weight 181.0)- My scale arrived late yesterday afternoon after posting so I got it all set up, downloaded the app etc. It looks like I’m up about 2.2 lbs from my last known weight although that scale reading on the 8th may not have been accurate. My trend weight is slightly down. Gosh, I hate starting over with a different scale. The pressure was so bad thinking about it last night that I broke into the back of the freezer for some of that chocolate. I also ate dinner twice with 2 totally different foods. Self-sabotage. I noticed that this new scale has my weight at about what I would expect after a binge, but the fat percentage is WAY WAY higher on the new one. I guess I just have to lump it and start fresh from here. We got 15” of snow yesterday and overnight. At least 6 more expected today and more tomorrow too. We are all hunkered down. I have spent most of the morning shoveling. Tonight my foodie daughter, DGS, DS and myself will cook and have a nice hot dinner. I’ll be using the oven so it will help keep the house warm. Stay safe everyone!

01/14-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

01/15-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

01/16-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

01/17-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

01/18-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

01/19-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

01/20-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

01/21-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

01/22-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

01/23-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

01/24-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

01/25-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

01/26-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

01/27-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

01/28-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

01/29-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

01/30-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

01/31-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
  • Buckeyebabe7l7
    Buckeyebabe7l7 Posts: 603 Member
    Options

I just loved your story! I read it to my husband because you sound so much like me. It made us both laugh when your husband said he measured the butter..."a little bit"! 😂 So happy to hear he is tracking and measuring and has already found success. I too would love to have him join our group!

Thanks so much for sharing!!!!

• Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Hi again everyone. My name is Mel. I’m a grandma from Ontario. I’m back to continue this challenge for January as you all help keep me accountable. Jan. Goals: break into the 170’s.

Starting weight in March 2023: 230 lbs. (diagnosed with diabetes)
    Goal weight: 120 lbs.
    Height: 5’2”
    Total loss: 50 lbs.
    End of Sept. weight: 187.8 lbs.
    End of October weight: 188
    End of Nov. weight: 186
    End of Dec. weight: 181.4 lbs.

Monthly Weight Loss:
    March-10 lbs. (2023)
    April- 8 lbs.
    May- 5 lbs.
    June- 4.4 lbs. (trip to Europe)
    July- 5.6
    August-7 lbs. joined a ‘challenge’
    September- 2.6 lbs. ( sick)
    October- (gained) .2 lbs.
    November- loss 1.2 lbs.
    December- 4.4 lbs.

Jan. 1- 181.2 lbs. New Years Gala last night.🥳 Not really a Gala, just a fun dinner and dance. 💃 I danced the night away , and tired out my poor hubby. The Courage Brothers Polar Dip into the frigid waters of Lake Ontario is held near here. Going to walk over later to watch, not participate 🤣!
    Jan. 2- DNW
    Jan. 3-182.4 lbs. fitness class
    Jan. 4-181.2 lbs. morning swim
    Jan. 5-182 lbs. bad night, didn’t sleep, so ate. Really weird behaviour as I really want to lose 3 or 4 lbs. before I go on a cruise at the end of January. Smarten up Mel🫨! Anyway, the good news is I swam for an hour this morning and am determined to get back on track. Have 2, sweet, 10 year old granddaughters coming over for a sleepover over today. They won’t do it at their homes, but insist on coming here🤔. They know what they’re doing👵🏻.
    Jan. 6- 181 lbs. busy, fun day with granddaughters. Girls baked a yummy cake yesterday but I didn’t eat any. Good for me😢.
    Jan. 7- DNW, not my best day, very tired
    Jan. 8- 181.6 lbs. expected this. Visited friend last night, wine and cheese. Osteoporosis fitness class today. I’ll never give up. Need to refocus on eating habits. It’s one week into January and I’ve gained, not lost. Going to plan meals and start cooking again. That usually works for me. I enjoy cooking.
    Jan. 9- 179.6 lbs. whoo whoo!🤩 Finally broke into the 170’s. I hope it stays.
    Jan. 10-179 lbs. This is so inspiring. I went to an osteoporosis class and then did 15 min. on the elliptical afterwards. I think I see my waist starting to emerge👍😲.
    Jan. 11-178.2 lbs. I’m happy and a little shocked. This is unusual for me. I hope this stays. The scale has been great for 3 days in a row. Aquafit class today.
    Jan. 12- 178.4 lbs. normal fluctuation, fitness class
    Jan. 13-DNW let myself get derailed by a friend
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    edited January 14
    Options
    Hello, I’m Steph I am 5,4” and I live in Canada

My goals for January : to loose 5 lbs
    ⚖️Weigh- in daily
    📝Log daily- drink 8 glasses of water
    🙆‍♀️Stretch daily/ Exercise 3x per week- starting at 10 minutes (for busy days, anything for the habit) - 60 min. Additionally walking at least 5,000 steps a day to start,

Ultimate goal- have a healthier life style which will bring my weight down.
    This is the highest weight I have ever been.

Starting weight January 1st:
    Jan 1-- too nervous to weigh
    Jan 2- 242
    Jan 3- 241.5
    Jan 4- 241.2
    Jan 5- 238.8
    Jan 6- 239.2
    Jan 7- 240.8 I don't know why. I have been working. I'm just assuming it's normal up and down fluctuations

Jan 8- didnt weigh, woke up late
    Jan 9- 242.8 I don't know why, I am not concerned. It just seems like a woosh is coming soon.
    Jan 10- 240.6
    Jan 11- 240.9
    Jan 12- 240.5
    Jan 13- 239.5
    Jan 14
    Jan 15
    Jan 16
    Jan 17
    Jan 18
    Jan 19
    Jan 20
    Jan 21
    Jan 22
    Jan 23
    Jan 24
    Jan 25
    Jan 26
    Jan 27
    Jan 28
    Jan 29
    Jan 30

Jan 31

• Buckeyebabe7l7
    Buckeyebabe7l7 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    My name is Kelly and I was a part of this group for many months last year and was a great group to help me keep focused on my goals daily, weekly and monthly!

I am 53, married, with 4 grown kids and 7 grandkids that I watch during the workweek. I have a wonderful dog named Woody (Labradoodle).

Goals for January:
    Lose 10 lbs for the month (starting weight this month 165.8)
    Walk 6 days a week
    Log all my food daily
    15k steps 6 days a week

January
    1. Happy New year!
    2. Logged, weight 165.8
    3. Logged, walked, 15k+ steps, weight 165.8
    4. Logged, walked, 16k+
    5. Logged, walked, 19k+
    6. Logged, walked, 17k+
    7. Logged, walked, 15k+
    8. Logged, walked, 22k+
    9. Logged, walked, 19k+, weight 164.6
    10. Logged, walked, 20k+
    11. Logged, walked, 22k+ (I am sore! 😜)
    12. Logged, walked, 22k+
    13. Logged, walked, 21k+
  • StirredIntention
    StirredIntention Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hey friends! My name is B - I live with my husband and two kids and work in community mental health. I've never not struggled with my weight, so I'm focusing on long term habits so I can live a longer and more active life with my family.

Monthly Habits:
    Log all my food 🥙
    Work out 3x/week 🏃‍♀️
    8 glasses of water💧
    Self Care Activity 🧶

Sept weightloss: 6.7 lbs
    Oct weightloss: 3.1 lbs
    Nov weightloss: 2.3 lbs
    Dec weightloss: 2 lbs

⛄️❄️ JANUARY ❄️⛄️
    1: 🥙🧶
    2: 🥙🧶 My husband was sworn into town council tonight and we went out with the family to dinner to celebrate! I'm guestimating the calories but we had a great night ❤️
    3: 🥙
    4: 🥙 Weatherman is calling for snow this weekend! Grabbing some groceries and looking forward to a weekend at home.
    5: 🥙🧶
    6: 🥙🧶💧🏃‍♀️ First work out since getting over covid and feeling so much better!
    7: 🥙🧶💧🏃‍♀️
    8:🥙🧶
    9: 🥙🧶🏃‍♀️
    10: 🥙🧶 This day was rough. Calling it a night and starting over tomorrow.
    11: 🥙🧶
    12: 🥙🧶
    13: 🥙🧶💧
    14:
    15:
    16:
    17:
    18:
    19:
    20:
    21:
    22:
    23:
    24:
    25:
    26:
    27:
    28:
    29:
    30:
    31:
  • BillyAZ
    BillyAZ Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Evening All,

Four hours of tennis yesterday seen me right on the scales. I did make the dual mistake of a) not meal prepping anything and b) going to the supermarket when I was at the end of a 20+ hour fast. Amazing how much all the bad stuff suddenly becomes overwhelmingly attractive! I stayed strong and kept to a single meal and got my reward. Need to move myself to get into the gym today as I’m home all day and that’s where things can go off the rails! No lazy days allowed!

1/1 217.3 😱
    1/2 212.7 (-4.6)
    1/3 208.5 (-4.2) (-8.8)
    1/4 206.7 (-1.8) (-10.6)
    1/5 207.0 (+0.3) (-10.3)
    1/6 205.9 (-1.1) (-11.4)
    1/7 205.9 (+/-0) (-11.4)
    1/8 205.6 (-0.3) (-11.7)
    1/9 206.8 (+1.2) (-10.5)
    1/10 205.9 (-0.9) (-11.4)
    1/11 205.4 (-0.5) (-11.9)
    1/12 203.9 (-1.5) (-13.4)
    1/13 202.8 (-1.1) (-14.5)

Hope everyone has a great day!

Cheers,

Billy
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    @stormywxs288 That is a long fast - I don't think I could do it; but whatever works for you! I have a hard enough time with my 12 hour window! 😉

@andreajlnhe Congrats on getting to that magic number. When I hit mine, I will probably be like you and shoot for a little bit more so thatI have some wiggle room so I never leave the ideal range again. You post about your husband made me chuckle. Just yesterday mine asked me to show him how I log everything. I doubt he'll every do it (he'll want me to do it for him), but at least it is a start. Good luck to him - and again CONGRATS to you!

@manifestingtoday 💖

@ozdeelite Please don't ever give up - just keep showing up - log everything - even when you are over. It will come!
  • judefit1
    judefit1 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Jude, 66YO, 5'2"
    SW: 147
    GW: 142

Wk 1 EW: 142.6
    Wk 2 EW: 141.4

Hi, this is my first time in this challenge and I'm very happy to be here! I'm 66 YO, 5' 2" and officially overweight (again). I've dieted since I was 11 YO and my mom had a chart on the broom closet wall. I've been through the yo-yo weight gain and loss too many times and it's not healthy. Been as high as 165 (2007), as low as 115 (2008). I gained and lost 15-20 lbs at least 3 times in the last 15 years and that's self-defeating- and not healthy. My main goal now is to lose the weight (yes!) AND change my habits to a sustainable lifestyle that allows me to eat well and maintain my fitness.

Wk 2: 1/8/24:
    My goals for this week:
    continue my exercise plan
    tea after dinner- no food after
    weigh every day- and be aware it won't always make me "happy"

1/8: 142.6
    1/9: 142.2
    1/10: 141.4
    1/11: 141.4
    1/12: 141.4
    1/13: 142.2
    1/14:141.4

1/14: Week 2 done!
    Down 1.2 lbs for the week and achieved my goals even with a "bump" day. Halfway through January already!

Week 1:
    1/8: First week of my first challenge down! Weighed every day, which is a huge step for me! Learning to use that number as a signal, not a moral judgment. Also, making Monday morning my end of week was a good change- I checked my portions all weekend, made new and interesting recipes that changed things up. Learning to make this a sustainable way of life, not a diet! Only took me 66 years!

Wk1: 1/1/24:
    My goals for this week:
    * to the gym 4-5 times a week (keeping consistent)
    * tea after dinner- no food after.
    * weigh every day- which I avoid and then gain

1/1: 146.6
    1/2: 145.8
    1/3: 144.2
    1/4: 144.2
    1/5: 143.2
    1/6: 143.4
    1/7: 142.6

1/7: Met my goals for the first time in a year and a half. Yay! On to week 2!

1/5: I know that this is mostly adjustment of bloat from the holidays, but it's encouraging to see the number drop. A good boost, but the real work will start when the number stabilizes or goes up.

1/3 Yay! Holiday bloat is going, better habits starting. It's as important for me to learn to eat correctly as to lose this weight. I always eat "healthfully" right through dinner and then pound the snacks after dinner, usually more calories in junk than in my daily meals. So my goal this time is to change this self-defeating- and self-deluding- habit.