WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,868 Member
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    Stay warm unless you are Machka who likes to stay cool ;)

<3
    Kylia in Ohio

I like it when it is hot outside! I am comfortable in outside heat ... but not comfortable in indoors heat. I'm guessing that's because there's wind outside and I don't feel closed in.

auntiebk wrote: »
    Tracey not use electric heaters with those temps? :noway:

Barbara

I imagine most people will use furnaces.

Electric heaters are expensive (on the power bill) and can be a fire hazard.

M in Oz

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    edited January 14
    Options
    Margaret - I add my thoughts to all of the others on here. I will be thinking of you, and send my love. <3

Rosemarie- I'm not surprised you are a bit hyped up by the Take Your House Back day. It must have been pretty intense! I'm interested in how it worked,and the 'live' aspect of it. Do you know how many people participated? You have made an excellent start it seems, and you can be proud of yourself and reward yourself with a rest and indulgence. Why not have a 'duvet day'? :D<3<3 I'm a great fan of those.
    Yes, the onion metaphor is great and no one can go full on for ever. Nor should you. Once you have made that first pass, it can be a little at a time. I do mini 5 minute bursts which can be very satisfying. Five minutes is enough for a drawer, or a surface.
    You are doing so well. Congratulations!

In fact, I have just woken up from an extra sleep, which I rarely do, but my legs were so achy last night, I didn't get to sleep until gone 3 am. I woke at 6.30. Felt sick with exhaustion. Edie is coming at 11.30, so I had breakfast, did my rowing, and then took myself to bed again. Slept from 9 until 10.10. Phew!
    These leg ache things come and go. At the moment, it's bad at night, but fine in the day. I go through phases when I don't have it. I hate when it keeps me awake. I suspect it's a flare up of Sjögrens syndrome. My eyes are very gritty at the moment too. Sometimes I get showers of dry skin on my legs.

Edie will take my mind off any troubles. :p I bought some plastic stands to display my books better in my top bedroom, but I've put them away as she is mega curious. I don't want her reading them at her age! She might come upstairs with me to look at photographs. When the kids stay the night I always put the adult books away. They love reading my children’s books though. :-)

Well, up and at'em.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,087 Member
    Options
    Heather: 🥰 duvet days. When I don’t have a group in the mornings I often take myself back to bed after I do my morning workout. I can read and write there just as well as up and about.

☘️ Terri
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,868 Member
    Options
    Margaret - I add my thoughts to all of the others on here. I will be thinking of you, and send my love. <3

Rosemarie- I'm not surprised you are a bit hyped up by the Take Your House Back day. It must have been pretty intense! I'm interested in how it worked,and the 'live' aspect of it. Do you know how many people participated? You have made an excellent start it seems, and you can be proud of yourself and reward yourself with a rest and indulgence. Why not have a 'duvet day'? :D<3<3 I'm a great fan of those.
    Yes, the onion metaphor is great and no one can go full on for ever. Nor should you. Once you have made that first pass, it can be a little at a time. I do mini 5 minute bursts which can be very satisfying. Five minutes is enough for a drawer, or a surface.
    You are doing so well. Congratulations!

In fact, I have just woken up from an extra sleep, which I rarely do, but my legs were so achy last night, I didn't get to sleep until gone 3 am. I woke at 6.30. Felt sick with exhaustion. Edie is coming at 11.30, so I had breakfast, did my rowing, and then took myself to bed again. Slept from 9 until 10.10. Phew!
    These leg ache things come and go. At the moment, it's bad at night, but fine in the day. I go through phases when I don't have it. I hate when it keeps me awake. I suspect it's a flare up of Sjögrens syndrome. My eyes are very gritty at the moment too. Sometimes I get showers of dry skin on my legs.

Edie will take my mind off any troubles. :p I bought some plastic stands to display my books better in my top bedroom, but I've put them away as she is mega curious. I don't want her reading them at her age! She might come upstairs with me to look at photographs. When the kids stay the night I always put the adult books away. They love reading my children’s books though. :-)

Well, up and at'em.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

For the most part, I don't think I would be worried about children seeing my books. My collection is divided almost equally in two. Non-fiction and Fiction.

The Non-fiction section has a range of material across the Dewey Decimal categories from the 100+ courses I have taken in a wide variety of subjects.

The Fiction section is largely G, PG, or PG13 rated material with just a few venturing into the somewhat more racy end of things.

M in Oz
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    (((Margaret))) Heartfelt condolences on the loss of your DH. Sending love and strength your way. Take care dear one. <3

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,917 Member
    Options
    :'(<3Margaret, so sorry for your loss...how comforting to have friends and Hospice to help you.
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    edited January 14
    Options
    (((Margaret)))

Betsy in NW WA
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,844 Member
    Options
    Margaret - I’m so sorry. My prayers are with you. Hugs to you. Spoil yourself as much as you can as you process the loss. I’m glad it was peaceful for both of you.

Hugs and prayers,
    RVRita

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,489 Member
    Options
    Gratitudes:
    1/14-Tumble and Shadow and how they make me laugh. Joe prepping the Jeep for our Medford trip. Tea. Mfp diaries back up.
    1/13-sling, ice, aspirin and red wine.
    Skimmed but read all. Annie ((hugs)) and prayers continue for you and for Margaret. One foot in front of the other.
    Struggling to get back to PT, moving, healthy food choices. Wt keeps creeping UP.
    Deep breath and JDI.
    1/13: Move: ZERO sets PT, chair marching, Jeopardy walking. Steps:4022
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=6 CI<CO net=141 vits=1
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, ptT, ptS, Wt:132.5
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    January: Move more: dailyish PT, play with dogs, more steps than yesterday.
    Fuel better: less sugar, CI<CO, dailyish vitamins. more AF days than not.
    Live NOW: dailyish time with Joe, dogs, readings, Hebrew, meditation.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections