WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2024

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,072 Member
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,701 Member
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    Rita-Congrats on 6 months sober! That’s a great achievement!

Annie-Such a difficult position. He is an adult, however. You can only do so much.

Rebecca-You look quite toasty warm in that shawl.

It's been raining a lot the past few days. It started on Saturday and rained about .3 inch, then .25 yesterday and today, it's already over 4 inches and still coming. Our streets are flooded. Many people cannot get to work because our drainage can't handle it. It's a fast-flowing creek in the street in front of our house and rivers in other areas. I don't mind it so much unless I have to get out in it. Thankfully, I don't. And now the wind is coming up. That's what bothers me.

Spending so much time inside means I find things to cook. Today, I made a 90-second keto bread. I'm not on a Keto diet, but I avoid white carbs so keto recipes often suit me. However, this one has nearly 500 calories for the size of an English muffin! It is the best version of keto bread I've found though (tastes the best with peanut butter). I'll eat half at a time for a snack. In the meantime, I'll experiment with trying to lower that calorie count!

I'm sure I missed things to comment on. I've been avoiding the computer lately and when I read, I am terrible about note-taking.

Tina in Rainy CA

Its one of my lone Renaissance Faires/SCA clothing items.💖. I used to have my chemise white under dress, my corset, my underkirt and my over skirt. Finally if it was cold I would wear my wool cape. The wool shawl was normally worn with a shawl pin on my shoulder.😁. Good times. Of course because I was a proper 16th century lady, I would wear a cap. 😁
    Here's me in the background
    0eczy5y698dg.jpg
    This is my eldest that's now 34 yrs old lol!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

• anmlmzdiet
    anmlmzdiet Posts: 179 Member
    @pipcd34
    I am curious to know what the numbers are about.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,992 Member
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,450 Member
    hmjack1561 wrote: »
    Here I am tonight. Yesterday I was tired and more hungry.I allowed myself to sleep in this morning. Today I struggled to get 1200 calories in. I wasn't hungry.
    I taught piano this afternoon after cleaning the upstairs portion of our split level. My husband has had a bad cold since last Wednesday. So far thankfully I am symptom free. My son in another state came down with Covid last weekend.
    A friend's suggested I should do a cleanse in the spring. Anyone know anything about how to do a cleanse?

Hope in Utah

If you mean an internal body cleanse, that's what your liver and kidneys are for. Unless they are damaged, they do a great job of cleansing.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,450 Member
    What's in a banana?

y2z125bwvke7.png

Is it true? Yep!

Are All These Chemicals Found in a Banana?
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/chemicals-in-bananas/

M in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,808 Member
    edited January 23
    Heather: The storms are such a pain, especially on the coast.

Rita: 👍🏻 6 months sober. Keep on keeping on!

Goingvto craft this morning. More later 😝

Pg 52

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,387 Member
    Vicki-very sad story of your staff member. Surprised she didn't notice shoe loss but cold does strange things-and it has been brutal in parts of the country.

Work whine:
    Well, believe difficult staff member is no longer my concern. I hate being an adult sometimes. I had spent two years trying to work with person. While I can be demanding I also focus on being fair. My workload will be increased, but maybe not so bad since I won't have to double check so many things

Lisa-glad your furniture issue may be working out. I googled that company when you first mentioned issues and they had some bad ratings. I usually try to check some of the Amazon sellers. Most are very good. Also, a few negative ratings can happen with any group.

Hope in Utah-I would guess they are referring to one of the house cleanse rituals out there. You google house cleanse and you will find a variety of them. They are typically based with sage and other elements. I have one set aside as soon as it is warm enough to have windows open.

They were calling for freezing rain here this morning. It appears we have dodged that bullet. Wet roads and may be slick in spots. We will be warming up this week-glad to see January thaw. Even though rain the next several days-I can walk in that!

Going to head in early. I have Physical Therapy this afternoon so not doing work out this am. Will see what they have me do. I can fit in a couple of extra stretches tonight.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

• anmlmzdiet
    anmlmzdiet Posts: 179 Member
    It's been raining all day here in the desert. It's still raining. There is nothing to soak up the rain here, so some flooding is always expected. It's actually raining so hard one of my dogs refuses to leave the house, and my two outside Great Danes are hiding in their heated doggie house. I have one silly dog who thinks everything smells nice, so she goes outside, but three out of four seems ridiculous.

The one who won't leave the house had an accident today. She was so upset she put herself in the time out crate. She's going out tomorrow if I have to carry her. :#

With this abundance of water, my desert landscape is loading up on it. If it wasn't so cold, I would have some extra blooms in a few days or weeks. Did you know that each day we also lose a little more than a cup of water when we exhale. Now, I need to drink another cup, lol.

Well, I'm going to try to sleep a little. I may be back up in an hour, but I need to try. Ironically I've been taking a new sleeping pill, and it doesn't seem to work any better than all the others I've tried. Go figure.

Michelle in NV
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,701 Member
    Good Tuesday

It is rainy here too. Not sure about freezing (haven't been out yet). It did stay above freezing last night so am hoping! Ginny be careful! After a year of low precipitation, we are catching up fast! Stay safe ALL of you!

Chiropractor and massage yesterday. Body feeling it this morning! Head hurts, but most likely need to up water and electrolytes. Could be the rain.....Slept like a LOG! Not rested though.

Lisa I am with you on showers. It is just troublesome. Lol! I do get them at minimum every other day, but they seem like a hassle. I am thankful that DH and masseuse don't care about hairy legs! I am in jeans so much that I rarely do that chore unless wearing a dress. Masseuse just doesn't like the prickly stage-lol! DH however doesn't function without a daily shower.

Rebecca I think you look lovely in your shawl. I love mine!

Rita Congratulations on 6 months! That is awesome.

Hope I think we all have those days when we just aren't hungry mixed in with the ones that make us feel like nothing is filling us up. Protein has helped me level out most days. Remember that each decision is a fresh chance to make change.

Vicki I am guessing coworker is diabetic? DH's uncle was and didn't realize that he had crushed his foot with a piece of wood until he took his boots off a few hours later! Prayers for a speedy recovery.

Went to whole foods last night as it was closest to another errand I had to run after massage last night. We were out of milk, romaine, and yogurt. I really like Trader Joe's yogurt, but too far in wrong direction at 8 pm. Hopefully the one I bought "Brown Cow" is okay. Picked up eggs and block cheese while there. We will see....I did remember the milk-lol!

Barrett-Jackson starts on TV tonight. Still a yearly tradition for DH and I. May need to walk while watching.

Better get myself in gear for work. Ugh....too many days not hitting mini goals. Today is the day to get back in the saddle.

Healing thoughts for those ill or hurt.
    Hugs to all just because
    Cheering you all on!
    Stay as dry as possible this week.

Much love,
    Kylia in Ohio joining most of you in wet weather

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,230 Member
    Good morning ladies!

I got the trash out, so we shall see if the birds go after it or if the truck gets here first.

I have to pick up a few groceries today, but not much as we still have leftovers from my sister's visit. And one last serving of chicken soup, which smells great but is getting old. I boiled it thoroughly last night.

And let's hope I can do another little bit on the bike. Shouldn't be too hard.

Then I have to start taking my mom's name off of my dad's accounts. That will be a big chore.

Meanwhile it's clear and cold up here, and we still have plenty of snow on the ground. The roads are pretty good though, from what I hear. It's supposed to rain the rest of the week so it will get slushy.

Have a great day my friends!

Annie in Delaware
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,587 Member
    I just ran across this video about the benefits of walking 20,000 steps per day. The presenter probably in her 20's, size 0, and has enough energy to bottle and sell, lol. But a lot of what she says makes sense even if our goal is 3,000 or 10,000 steps, and there's nothing wrong with that. She talks about using wrist and ankle weights. Walking briskly. Hmmm.

She mentions James Clear - standardizing before optimizing. Just showing up and getting used to walking (standardizing) before implementing a goal of so many steps, (optimizing) for example.

Benefits- better sleeping, better posture, body more lean and toned, better emotional stability and resilience. Yep.

She also recommends "The Joy of Movement" by Kelly McGonigal.

This is an 18 minute video. If anyone is interested. :)

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,701 Member
    edited January 23
    kymarai wrote: »
    Good Tuesday

It is rainy here too. Not sure about freezing (haven't been out yet). It did stay above freezing last night so am hoping! Ginny be careful! After a year of low precipitation, we are catching up fast! Stay safe ALL of you!

Chiropractor and massage yesterday. Body feeling it this morning! Head hurts, but most likely need to up water and electrolytes. Could be the rain.....Slept like a LOG! Not rested though.

Lisa I am with you on showers. It is just troublesome. Lol! I do get them at minimum every other day, but they seem like a hassle. I am thankful that DH and masseuse don't care about hairy legs! I am in jeans so much that I rarely do that chore unless wearing a dress. Masseuse just doesn't like the prickly stage-lol! DH however doesn't function without a daily shower.

Rebecca I think you look lovely in your shawl. I love mine!

Rita Congratulations on 6 months! That is awesome.

Hope I think we all have those days when we just aren't hungry mixed in with the ones that make us feel like nothing is filling us up. Protein has helped me level out most days. Remember that each decision is a fresh chance to make change.

Vicki I am guessing coworker is diabetic? DH's uncle was and didn't realize that he had crushed his foot with a piece of wood until he took his boots off a few hours later! Prayers for a speedy recovery.

Went to whole foods last night as it was closest to another errand I had to run after massage last night. We were out of milk, romaine, and yogurt. I really like Trader Joe's yogurt, but too far in wrong direction at 8 pm. Hopefully the one I bought "Brown Cow" is okay. Picked up eggs and block cheese while there. We will see....I did remember the milk-lol!

Barrett-Jackson starts on TV tonight. Still a yearly tradition for DH and I. May need to walk while watching.

Better get myself in gear for work. Ugh....too many days not hitting mini goals. Today is the day to get back in the saddle.

Healing thoughts for those ill or hurt.
    Hugs to all just because
    Cheering you all on!
    Stay as dry as possible this week.

Much love,
    Kylia in Ohio joining most of you in wet weather

Sometimes I fold mine in a large triangle for my shoulders, and sometimes I just fold over a corner and drape over my whole self.😁. I think everyone should own a shawl🤗.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa