JANUARY 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm hypermobile
    My new nephew has Ehlers-Danlos and hasn't been able to start walking yet...he just turned four. I'm a twenty year yoga practitioner, and I am decidedly not hypermobile, I might be typical but I'm not rulling out hypomobile.

Joints are often a big deal, but I think feet are the biggest deal for runners. Some plucky few never have problems, but I think nearly all of us deal with our own issues. Hypercushioning, barefoot, tight fit, comfortable stretchy fit, sockless, thick socks, petroleum jelly, powder, who knows? Good luck, and just know nearly all of us are on our own journey's on how to deal with our weird foot stuff.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you got that awesome training in for the Peyton before the rain hit @Teresa502 . You're going to do great this year.
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    1.1 today

exercise.png
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much @shanaber . I am so excited to hear you are running again. I'm not surprised that your legs were tired the second day. It's been a while since "they" ran. So, be careful, which I know you will be, to not do too much, too soon. I still remember the horrible shin splints I had when I first started running and don't wish that on anyone. I love that the doctor said it was the love that keep us warm. I agree with him on that one.

Another nice run @tarun_yadavA . Glad you son joined you for part of it.

@polskagirl01 That looks like a much better/comfortable tub for emersion. I hope you enjoy it and can get some relaxation while you have alone time this week.

You are doing great and showing such improvement @yirara !