WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Beth – so glad you have such great neighbors

Allie – Flea has some good points, things I never thought of. Tom and Elena have been cordial to you, but I don’t see how they’ve ever gone out of their way to do something for you. Update: so glad to hear that Alfie is going to stay with you. Seriously, can you either bring him to Tracy’s or bring Miles to him? Dogs have this “sixth sense” about children. I could tell you things Jess did to the dog we had when she was a baby that I thought “That’s the end of Jess”. The dog just walked away! Now if I brushed him the wrong way, I got growled at.

I tried biting into an apple today, didn’t work real well. Until I get the bridge, I’ll just cut it up.

Took everything except the exercise bike out of the exercise room and really cleaned the floor in there.

Going to work more on that x-stitch.

Michele NC
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Kim, I’m so sorry about Levi. Many, many hugs to you.
    Debbie, sorry the friend bailed on you. Could you not have gone without him? I agree that maybe something closer to home and just for the two of you could be better.
    Allie, hugs to you on the loss of your aunt. I see pros and cons to giving Alfie to Tom and Elena. I’m surprised that Tracey and Kyle are having another baby and that they got rid of the stuff they had for Miles. So glad that’s not my circus nor my monkeys!
    Lisa, loving the reno stuff! Scary about the tire blowing, good decision to drive the side roads back to the tire place, if I remember correctly those donuts aren’t recommended for high speeds. Also loving the pics and stories of Egg. She has quite the personality! :)
    Beth, sounds like you will have some nice neighbours!

Skipped the gym today, it just looked so beautiful outside that I went for a walk instead. It was lovely! Walked for just over an hour, now have to rest my left hip, it started squawking at me near the end. Oh well, this too shall pass.

I’m sure there were other comments that I wanted to make, but I didn’t take notes and my memory, while nothing to be worried about, just isn’t that great! lol
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the new or returning gals!
    Evelyn, on sunny Vancouver Island
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    evie1958 wrote: »
    Kim, I’m so sorry about Levi. Many, many hugs to you.
    Debbie, sorry the friend bailed on you. Could you not have gone without him? I agree that maybe something closer to home and just for the two of you could be better.

I’m sure there were other comments that I wanted to make, but I didn’t take notes and my memory, while nothing to be worried about, just isn’t that great! lol
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the new or returning gals!
    Evelyn, on sunny Vancouver Island

no, we couldn't go without him because the booth was in his name. Usually dh goes with him to help but this would be our second show where we split the cost of the booth and sold our stuff.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,867 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Hi Gals,
    I’ve been reading but not participating. I sent good thoughts to each of you, cheers for the celebrations, hugs for the sad parts, welcome to the newbies and peace for everyone.
    It was a 4-5 month decline, and the last 3 weeks were really tough but on Thursday February 1, I said my last goodbyes to Levi as he passed in my lap at the vets. We had 11 + years of friendship, love and caring. I am missing him terribly. I did choose to close the business for 2 1/5 days due to a death in the family, but am back to work as of yesterday at noon. Work is good for filling the quiet, but then night falls and I am alone with my tears. Time will soften the memories and I will be ok. I am hoping to do some overnight dog sitting in a month or so, as a way to get my dog fix and to earn a bit of extra cash. There is a possibility of a bit of travel in October so I will wait until that is either over or cancelled before getting a new doggie friend.

Love ya all,
    Kim in N. California
    vli627yh7gs9.jpg
    knit05wd3j3b.jpg

So sorry 😞
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,545 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Housecleaning etc- 2hrs 54min 36sec, vacuum, laundry fold/put away, make/refill hummingbird food, fill new dispensers for shampoo and conditioner etc= 817c

Did more laundry yesterday, didn’t add calories to yesterday’s total
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    Think I'm going down with the family cold. Oh well. I thought I'd escaped, but maybe not.
    Tomorrow will tell.

Cleaner tomorrow. I may be lying low.

Trying to organise a meet up with G. She is going on so many breaks we can't get together until the middle of March. She's off to Montpellier this week.

Love you all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Ugh Sue- so sorry you have to put up with a nasty renter.. there are obnoxious people out there.. glad im not one of them..
    Waiting to watch the new Hometown and then All creatures and hopefully get some sleep tonight
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Kim So sorry to hear of Levi's passing. I had a photo of him on my felt Advent Calendar💖😥.
    Hugs!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    Machka - thanks, maybe I’ll look at the colouring books with one page.
    I understand the feeling of loss from all that you had going on. Maybe this is just a good time to relax and enjoy life a bit.

Allie - that would be a tough decision. I would be willing to give up the barking easily though.
    Why would Tracy get rid of all of that stuff if they were going to try again? I hope that you aren’t expected to keep financing this stuff for them it’s asking a lot of you.
    I buy for my grands too, but never out of necessity.

Heather - Jonah hasn’t mentioned the pronoun thing again. I’m not sure what happened with it. I think he looks more like his dad now than he used to. But Michaela is more like him with her freckles. The personalities really get me. I just love them to pieces.
    Hope your cold is short lived.

Barbara - I used to love doing Wii Abba dance. I sold my Wii when we moved here and I miss it. Last night though, thanks to all the little girls at the party I learned that YouTube has Just Dance videos. People record the silliest things, so they record their games. Michaela has been dancing all morning.
    She has danced to Ghostbusters and YMCA so far today. I think I may start doing this. I just need my foot to be better, maybe 15-20 minutes throughout the day won’t hurt too much.
    Sorry about your shoulder, I hope it heals better soon.

Kim - I’m so sorry for the loss of Levi.

Kylia - I think whoever told you you were too old for that style was wrong. I think that’s a cute outfit you ended up wearing.

I had Lauryn and her DH come pick the kids up today. I still ended up going out to Walmart. Michaela has $7.46 burning a hole through her wallet and I needed milk. She bought a toy for $12.96 and still had money left. 😉 we bought Jonah a game card too. So they were both happy.

I am watching the Grammy’s tonight. I don’t normally but there is going to be a 17 minute tribute to Tina Turner I heard. We’ll see. I recorded them so I could take a bath and out laundry away and so I could skip the music I don’t care for.
    I have to say though for being the country fan that I am, I really enjoyed Miley Cyrus.
    Also, Joni Mitchell is performing for the first time ever on the show!

Off to watch the rest of this curled up in bed.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Cher to musical was FABULOUS!!!! Our seats were great. The story and performers were awesome! So glad we got to see it.

Hit all my goals today. Took two vehicles to car wash. Vacuumed one. Washed windows in the other. Kitchen cleaned. Sent grandson's birthday gifts home with daughter. He will be 16 on valentines day. I will mail his card next week.

Hugs!
    Lots of love,
    Kylia happy but sleepy in Ohio